Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

Aphrodizy26
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

Racism is prejudice based on race 

The more you girls try to justify this whitewashed definition the more I’m just gonna restate: Prejudice is what y’all keep wanting racism to be. Racism is prejudiced based on SYSTEMIC oppression. 

• Thanks 1

NibbCub

The ticketing company knows this is illegal and is going to cancel if they don't change their policy. So their plans got shut down.

• Like 1

LM
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Mass incarceration of minorities, lack of funding for education and health services in largely minority areas in large cities, the culture surrounding police and black people, the culture surrounding border patrol and illegal immigrants, etc. 

Systemic racism still exists in the US. It was much worse before but thankfully we have made progress. Even then, the effects of it can still be felt today and continue to be a reality in many areas of the country. 

That's what I said.

Systemic racism exists, but it is not coming from a "system" that would be racist, but from individual's beliefs and opinion which create racist situations 

Craven Moorecox
4 minutes ago, Wigless said:

You’re literally rationalizing revenge here. What happened to equality?

He never said that was right sis, you’re jumping to conclusion. There’s different levels of evil. I’m pretty sure we all would agree murder is worst that stealing. Just because stealing is less of a evil than murder doesn’t make it less wrong or more acceptable 

• Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
Just now, LM said:

That's what I said.

Systemic racism exists, but it is not coming from a "system" that would be racist, but from individual's beliefs and opinion which create racist situations 

The system exists and it influences personal beliefs. Vice versa is true as well. They both reinforce each other. However, systems are much more powerful and can outlast personal beliefs. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 3

LM
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

While I understand what you’re trying to say, I feel like it’s fine if they want to create a safe space for POC to feel. This is in an interesting way to go about it but it’s not racism by any means. I mean can you imagine the amount of white people that would be parading here with dreads and the such talking bout “omg I have a black bf I’m basically black” 

and after literal YEARS of whites only segregation white people arent even banned but white people are trying to cry racism?

mess. Whiney , arrogant, messes.

Just to remind you that the company's actions are illegal, idk why you are trying to excuse them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Khepri

So y

1 minute ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

The more you girls try to justify this whitewashed definition the more I’m just gonna restate: Prejudice is what y’all keep wanting racism to be. Racism is prejudiced based on SYSTEMIC oppression. 

So, any race that does not have a systematic structure of opression towards other races can't have racist individuals?

LM

The system exists and it influences personal beliefs. Vice versa is true as well. They both reinforce each other. However, systems are much more powerful and can outlast personal beliefs. 

But there is no system that would say people to privilege certain race over another

PhillipBagshaw
13 minutes ago, Wigless said:

This is such a “remove the leaves instead of the root” point of view. Please stop telling me how this works in the real world bc I agree. Racist tendencies aren’t exclusive to economic systems though, it can affect other places like dating.

Evil is smart and if you don’t attack it at, its core it’s gonna jump out somewhere else. 

Hence why I’ve also been discussing social implications. 

PhillipBagshaw
1 minute ago, Khepri said:

So y

So, any race that does not have a systematic structure of opression towards other races can't have racist individuals?

Prejudiced individuals* exist in every race. 

• Like 2

Postboy

Ugh, don’t give Tim Pool any views.

But yeah it’s ridiculous what they’re doing. 

• Like 2

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, LM said:

But there is no system that would say people to privilege certain race over another

Um, yes there is? Where are you from btw? I think anyone who lives in the US can easily see the systemic racism here. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, IcePrincess said:

Combating racism will soon become a new racism in which white people will have to apologize for the mistakes of grandparents and black discrimination 60 years ago. Equality can be one, revenge is the way to racism 2.0

Idk about the first sentence bc people are still racist today and “Combating racism will soon become a new racism”... what?

But the bolded part, yes. The last thing I want is some sort of road paved to a lil black supremacy on the reason of “we were enslaved and mistreated centuries after.” You know what literally every other race will do in that reality? Be oppressed, claim oppression, and help invalidate slavery’s current impact even more. Then society would eventually reach back to “well hey why don’t we all just be equal?”

The Gag is all of that I just theorized could play out over decades and decades... but we could do the equality thing now and be equal and happier... faster! 

I feel like it’s heresy to say “let’s forgive racism!” but I think being mad over it for the rest of time is even worse.  

LM

Um, yes there is? Where are you from btw? I think anyone who lives in the US can easily see the systemic racism here. 

I already said like 2 times before that systemic racism exists, but not the system that would create racist rules

• Like 1