Gaga Daily Youtube
politics

Signs point to Trump win in 2020

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

Literally the only people that have consistently put forward actual policies are Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris. Whether you agree with their policies or not is another thing. Everyone else so far is riding on the fact that they aren't Trump and isn't he horrible? That isn't going to win a general election. The rest of the field are simply preaching to the converted. These candidates need to persuade people who voted Trump the last time, that they are a better choice. That is my fear that may  lead to a second Trump term. I certainly don't think he has it in the bag, but those other candidates need to be a bit more policy driven if they want to stand out imo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Sid

Does nobody else see the parallels between the 1900s progressive era movement, FDR, and the Bernie movement though.. if he can get the middle class on board with the green new deal, :diane:

...ıllıllı G A G A ıllıllı...
  • Like 2

Brainiac
40 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Literally the only people that have consistently put forward actual policies are Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris. Whether you agree with their policies or not is another thing. Everyone else so far is riding on the fact that they aren't Trump and isn't he horrible? That isn't going to win a general election. The rest of the field are simply preaching to the converted. These candidates need to persuade people who voted Trump the last time, that they are a better choice. That is my fear that may  lead to a second Trump term. I certainly don't think he has it in the bag, but those other candidates need to be a bit more policy driven if they want to stand out imo.

umm Bernie is clearly the most policy driven candidate out of all of them. Most of them are literally running on his progressive policy stances from the 2016 election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Lion Heart

4. Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.

Unknown and could go either way. This key is defined as true if a single third-party candidate gets at least 5% of the vote. (See here for an explanation of Lichtman’s modification of this key with respect to the 2016 election.)

This could change. The key is to find a strong Libertarian candidate and encourage his or her success. That candidate could unexpectedly gain momentum and really threaten the GOP establishment. I'm not sure who this will be though. I don't think Gary Johnson has it in him anymore. 

• Like 1

SevenWonder

He will win. I hope I am so wrong. I loathe him. Unless Joe, Pete, or Warren pull through.

GAGAVENUS
5 hours ago, GH0ULD said:

ugh this is so dark sided i need the gays to start getting behind Mayor Pete :triggered:

let's get a woman in the White House we need a queen

im a male and I know for a fact that on average women get **** done way better than men do

• Thanks 1

GAGAVENUS
Posted (edited)

I feel like it's completely up to how healthy the economy is by election time

I hate to root against the economy, but I feel like a minor recession would be like a blessing in disguise/it's always darkest before the dawn

my family works in politics and the biggest thing that voters in presidential swing states vote on is the economy

Edited by GAGAVENUS

GAGAVENUS
2 hours ago, Brainiac said:

umm Bernie is clearly the most policy driven candidate out of all of them. Most of them are literally running on his progressive policy stances from the 2016 election.

Bernie is great and super influential, but he introduces a ton of ideas for policy without going in depth about the actual policy. Warren has some real policy proposals that are insane and amazing and I wish she was getting more media coverage for them

GAGAVENUS
1 hour ago, Lion Heart said:

This could change. The key is to find a strong Libertarian candidate and encourage his or her success. That candidate could unexpectedly gain momentum and really threaten the GOP establishment. I'm not sure who this will be though. I don't think Gary Johnson has it in him anymore. 

also former MA governor Bob Weld is challenging Trump in the primary and he's getting no momentum because the republicans and the media have automatically designated Trump the Republican nominee.

I'm a communications major at school, so I learned in depth the power that the media has over polling/voters and it's imperative that they show/highlight all the candidates running in an impartial and journalistic way. The only thing they should be doing is fact checking and highlighting important events that are going on. The media is at its best when it is independently run and has no ulterior motives, like being run by a corporation

GH0ULD
41 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

im a male and I know for a fact that on average women get **** done way better than men do

i got enough queens in my life i need GAYS

miss warren is my 2nd choice tho 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

GAGAVENUS
Just now, GH0ULD said:

i got enough queens in my life i need GAYS

miss warren is my 2nd choice tho 

lol fair enough. I'm down for a Kamala/warren ticket with Pete as the VP cuz we all know that he's gonna be president one day

GH0ULD
1 minute ago, GAGAVENUS said:

lol fair enough. I'm down for a Kamala/warren ticket with Pete as the VP cuz we all know that he's gonna be president one day

i wouldnt be mad at that either! I have some reservations about kamala tho bc of her history in law enforcement and the way she avoids answering certain questions, but i'm definitely open to hearing what she has to say in the debates  :ohwell:

• Like 1

GAGAVENUS
Just now, GH0ULD said:

i wouldnt be mad at that either! I have some reservations about kamala tho bc of her history in law enforcement and the way she avoids answering certain questions, but i'm definitely open to hearing what she has to say in the debates  :ohwell:

yeah I get that, as a white male that doesn't affect me that much, so I have to make sure to be aware of it. I think that she regrets a lot of what she did, but also, her actions in the public as CA's AG were different than what she did behind the scenes. as an AG, you can't be political (except in the Trump admin ofc cuz the rules never apply to his administration...), but I looked into it, and it seemed like she always tried to do the right thing behind the scenes. She's a good person, and like everyone else, she has learned from her mistakes.

• Like 1

Guillaume Hamon
27 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

Dems will still lose if they push a certain candidate cause they wanted a certain gender, sexual orientation or race imo. Last time they played the "let's have a woman president" card quite  a lot with HRC when they should have been more about the ideas and it didn't pay off. 

24 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

Warren has some real policy proposals that are insane and amazing and I wish she was getting more media coverage for them

Right! If she's the one she'll be a solid candidate and will not have to rely on identity. She has a political consistency that immediately make her credible right away compare to many of her peers.

Her, Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard are the ones for me. ;) Harris will have a hard time justifying the MANY shady stuffs for her AG time and I'm not sure everyone will be ready to forgive cause damn the list is long lol.

GAGAVENUS
4 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Right! If she's the one she'll be a solid candidate and will not have to rely on identity. She has a political consistency that immediately make her credible right away compare to many of her peers.

the problem with warren though is that America is too sexist to have a warren-type woman in the White House, just like they are too sexist to have a Gillibrand-type. America unfortunately has deep rooted sexism that encourages people to say things like Warren is "shrill" and a "lightweight" and ignore the content that she has. Because Harris has a history in law enforcement and she has the appearance of seeming more tough and "relatable" (whatever the **** that means), American voters will have an easier time connecting to her. Unfortunately American elections have become so not about policy and way more about entertainment and who the American people can "get a beer with," which is so unfortunate and has been a thing since Reagan discovered that American voters are the same Americans that go to movie theaters and want to be entertained during a campaign.

As GAGA puts it, we live in a very shallow time. Our elections and politics are no different.

5 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Her, Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard are the ones for me. ;) Harris will have a hard time justifying the MANY shady stuffs for her AG time and I'm not sure everyone will be ready to forgive cause damn the list is long lol.

I really don't think Tulsi would be a good candidate at all. I don't think enough people take her seriously. Also her foreign policy viewpoints are way too controversial for my taste and definitely too controversial for American voters.

• Love 1