LG6
politics

UK Government Loses Key Brexit Vote

Featured Posts

BenG
Just now, Ivannn said:

it would not be a precedent since there was already a referendum in 1975 where UK decided to remain in the EC. EC transformed to EU by treaty changes,yes, but it is also important to know that UK was a treaty maker and EU law and rules maker so nothnih was forced upon UK in this time period. UK being very influental member until recently shaped the EU in what it is today, together eith other members ofc.

I meant precedent for a referendum re-do within a short period of time. So the Scots can keep calling for IndyRefs till they get to leave?

monster4life231
1 minute ago, boyfromnowhere said:

is brexit happening or not someone reply pls

Reveal hidden contents

and what is brexit again

Brexit is the UK exiting the European Union. Whether it's happening or not has no answer. Neither side, or sides, can agree on anything. 

spread peace.

monster4life231
1 minute ago, Sam98 said:

So is it already official that UK is having a No Deal situation in its hands or not yet? 

More votes are to follow tomorrow to decide on whether to go ahead with a no deal.

spread peace.
  • Thanks 1

Ivannn
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

I meant precedent for a referendum re-do within a short period of time. So the Scots can keep calling for IndyRefs till they get to leave?

many will argue that week in politics is long time period so three years especially. People know more now than three years ago. UK was always a member state where citizens had least knowledge of what EU really is and does,etc. Leavers used that to win.

They could not do so this time. Awerness is bigger.

On Scottish referendum I think it is only fair to let them decide again. PM Cameron told them after all If you leave UK you leave EU. They did not leave UK but England is pulling them out of UK.

Edited by Ivannn

Lona Delery

Theresa May's got my deepest sympathies, she's so hated right now when she's trying to make the best out of Brexit.

a re-vote shouldnt happen, in my opinion. It undermines what democracy means, although I would prefer the UK to stay in the EU

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
  • Like 2

BenG
1 minute ago, Sam98 said:

So is it already official that UK is having a No Deal situation in its hands or not yet? 

Increasing likely.

Tomorrow, the parliament will vote on whether to leave with No Deal. If yes, the UK will leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If no, the parliament will vote on whether to request for an extension from the EU. If no, the UK will leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If yes, it will be up to all EU states to unanimously agree on the extension. If all the EU states do not unanimously grant an extension, the default scenario is to leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If the EU grants an extension, there will be conditions stipulated and the UK would be back to square one with this mess that keeps dragging on.

• Thanks 2

BenG
2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

Theresa May's got my deepest sympathies, she's so hated right now when she's trying to make the best out of Brexit.

a re-vote shouldnt happen, in my opinion. It undermines what democracy means, although I would prefer the UK to stay in the EU

Imo, many Remain MPs have some glimmer of hope that Brexit will not happen, hence they keep voting down May's deal.

Sam98
2 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

More votes are to follow tomorrow to decide on whether to go ahead with a no deal. 

It's going to be a mess... Brexit is definitely happening at this point, and a No Deal approach is gonna be hard to handle... I'm honestly nervous about it and I'm not even British

BenG
4 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

On Scottish referendum I think it is only fair to let them decide again. PM Cameron told them after all If you leave UK you leave EU. They did not leave UK but England is pulling them out of UK.

The question then would be does the EU even want Scotland

Edited by BenG

Sam98
7 minutes ago, BenG said:

Increasing likely.

Tomorrow, the parliament will vote on whether to leave with No Deal. If yes, the UK will leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If no, the parliament will vote on whether to request for an extension from the EU. If no, the UK will leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If yes, it will be up to all EU states to unanimously agree on the extension. If all the EU states do not unanimously grant an extension, the default scenario is to leave the EU with No Deal on 29 March. If the EU grants an extension, there will be conditions stipulated and the UK would be back to square one with this mess that keeps dragging on.

Yeah I read about all these possibilities some weeks ago, but I didn't know about the second round of voting tomorrow... it's honestly not looking good, since EU has already stated it probably won't give any more time to the UK... fingers crossed

Edited by Sam98

BenG

The EU is unlikely to grant extension, especially with the European elections coming up.

• Like 1

Sam98

Let's not even mention how delicate the situation with Northern Ireland will probably be... I-

nicolasrumet
35 minutes ago, AndrewMac95 said:

At this point it’s becoming a joke, from all ends. 

I wish people would give Theresa a break though, she is literally still going even though she’s faced so much crap from her party and the public. Wish we would stop bringing down a strong female character, tbh if this was Cameron or Blair they wouldn’t be getting as much stick as Theresa is getting. Fact 

She definitely looks like she needs a break

tenor.gif

BenG

What's even messier is if another General Election were to be called, we would end up with another hung parliament and the Tories are likely to remain the largest party.