question

Do you agree that Gaga is being too...

zerojk

Featured Posts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk

No, she's emotionally connected to her work and genuinely greatfull for the appreciation.

She has been misunderstood for pretty much her whole life. She was the weird kid, she became the weird popstar. I know from personal experience that is something you carry with you. Sure you think F it, I dont care that people think I'm weird, I'm carving my own path and theres other weirdos who do get me. But even then you still deal with being misunderstood by the majority a lot of the time. Now it seems like they finally see Gaga for who she truly is. Her music, her acting is connecting not only to people that are just like her, but everyone seems to get it. 

She is comfortable in her position in the industry and I imagine being showered with love like this when you win an award can be very overwhelming.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

LilyLark

While I get that some of the GP might think it's too much, it's Gaga. I actually think this is more "her" than her formerly more calm responses, she's a theater kid and the awards have to feel good after how ARTPOP was received. And I saw a comment on Jez that kind of summed it up nicely, that women can't win sometimes because they are either "too on" or "too off" and brought up the whole Anne Hathaway/JLaw thing in the past. Anne was seen as too much, even though she was sincerely happy. They liked JLaw's reaction back then, but now people rip her for not taking things seriously enough.

Like I wouldn't want her to change her natural emotional self just because some people think it's "fake." I'd like her to be her. If she was getting non stop bad press to the point it was hurting her chances like Hathaway back in the day, it might be worth changing even if that was her being herself, but for now it's really just a few outlets and some twitter snark. Most people understand that Gaga is an emotional person.

Also 95% of the press was either complimenting her speech, loving her performance, or totally baffled and wtf by her performance (like it used to be back in the day).

GagaUnderYou

Still recovering from the role of Ally Campana :ally:

But I miss her confident "yeah, i'm the boss" attitude she used to have with award shows like with MTV. 

She knew before hand that she won the award that's why the Grammy's kept her backstage, so she's ready to go on stage. 

35 minutes ago, Whispering said:

She’s an emotional person who cries easily. Let her be! 

Exactly.  She's just being herself.

She's reached a point in life where she doesn't need to put on a show or a persona in order to help people who needed to see that.  People know where she stands and understand her messages, and she is free to be herself and help people through other means.  She was always genuine.  For example, when she put on a freakish persona to help kids who were made to feel like freaks in school, that was a genuine way she was helping others.

I live outside the space time continuum.

2School4Cool

I don’t personally think it’s fake, this is a massive accomplishment for her. I just loved that she devoted it to those suffering from mental health issues.

See The Best In Everyone

Gracious Gaga

Yeah I feel she is trying to get people to look at her and think “omg she is so sweet she is so grateful” and it’s becoming predictable and repetitive.  The bursting into tears when her name is announced idk maybe it’s genuine but idk it seems like an act sometimes . Like she herself may not even be aware of it 

Edit:  damn y’all in this thread get SO triggered by **** 

♥ Kindness Police.

LordEnigma

After what she went through with the media during ARTPOP - I would be crying at the fact that I’m getting recognition at this point in my career.

Yall over think everything 😂

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Still recovering from the role of Ally Campana :ally:

But I miss her confident "yeah, i'm the boss" attitude she used to have with award shows like with MTV. 

She knew before hand that she won the award that's why the Grammy's kept her backstage, so she's ready to go on stage. 

I don’t think anybody knows until they fully announce it. Except like the very very few.

They probably kept her backstage because they EXPECTED her to win.

Chickens in Malibu

It's "Taylor's surprised face" saga all over again.

I mean even Adele cried when she won AoTY.

And Gaga isn't as confident as she used to be back in the day. This is her first pop grammy in 8 years.

Archived