Apple Music
politics

Mike Pence outed as cigarette conspiracy theorist

Featured Posts

Alexander Levi
35 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Well evidence based science has concluded that if you do enough physical exercise, you can live a very long and healthy life just eating processed junk food. :shrug: (Except white sugar which is the literal devil)

The actual problem is miseducation, overindulgance, overpriced groceries, people having to work 3 jobs a day to stay alive, the resulting lack of time for healthy meals while the Tobacco industry literally tries to sell you physical and mental illness just for the pure sake of pleasure. Smoking is a luxury while food (regardless of how shitty it is) is a human neccessity. 

But shouldn’t we be going after/regulating something that every human needs rather than a “luxury item?” And what about alcohol?

I obviously think cigarettes are horrible for your health but it’s just interesting how society goes for certain things but not others.

• Like 1

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

But shouldn’t we be going after/regulating something that every human needs rather than a “luxury item?” And what about alcohol?

I obviously think cigarettes are horrible for your health but it’s just interesting how society goes for certain things but not others.

I mean one of the big dangers of cigarettes is also that it‘s not just people f*cking up their own health but also cigarettes f*cking up the health of non-smokers without their consent. Food should be regulated very meticulously, I agree but a lot of it also comes down to personal responsibility.

Majestic, the future is electric.

Alexander Levi
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I mean one of the big dangers of cigarettes is also that it‘s not just people f*cking up their own health but also cigarettes f*cking up the health of non-smokers without their consent. Food should be regulated very meticulously, I agree but a lot of it also comes down to personal responsibility.

That makes sense with cigarettes especially effecting other people without consent.

I suppose, though, that kids at a young age are exposed to foods with the addictive sugars and additives that they can become hooked without their consent. Although it could be the fault of the parents, it could also be the responsibility of large fast food chains placing themselves in lower-income areas.

Basically, big business just sucks :saladga:

• Like 2

derpmonster
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My cigarette-smoking grandfather who died from lung cancer has left the chat

Are we... are we the same person or what?

First you post that dramatic Indian gif

and now you're literally stealing details from my life bicth

derpmonster

Also cigarettes are vile. My sister was addicted, my dad was. I'm glad they're both over it now.

They do a lot of damage for the smokers and people around them. Your lungs literally look black and have toxic material in them. The big tobacco industry in the US has to stop.gif.

Did y'all know that big tobacco targets marginalized communities that already have presumably stressful lives? Tobacco companies did huge ad campaigns across LGBT media and magazines in the 80s which is why LGBTQ people are *much* more likely to be smokers. It's actually a community problem too that we have to tackle.

• Like 1

River
5 hours ago, Sharyu said:

The thing is many lower income family rely on fast food to feed themselves and their children, as home cooked meals can be too expensive and time consuming. I'm not saying that all low income families mainly eat fast food, but a majority do.

Can you tell me the price of a menu of Mc in the US?

Because in every place that I lived it costed something like 10$ for 1 menu and with 10$ I can actually buy food for a multiple meals at home.

Maybe it's not meat because meat can be expensive but I buy rice or pasta, a sauce, a vegetable etc.

For a family it can cost like 40$ (2 parents and 2 kids) so with 40$ you actually can buy a lot of food and have a proper meal at home.

I feel like it's more cultural mixed with laziness than actually money issue.. fast food is very pricey these days, it's not cheap as it was 20 and 30 years ago, so I wan to know if it's the same in the US..

Edited by River
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Thanks 1

Unbeweavable
7 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My cigarette-smoking grandfather who died from lung cancer has left the chat

a women that smoked since she was 21 lived until she was 122 :shrug: 

Obvs it can cause cancer btw i just wanted to point it out :air: 

• Thanks 1

Unbeweavable
6 hours ago, Sharyu said:

The thing is many lower income family rely on fast food to feed themselves and their children, as home cooked meals can be too expensive and time consuming. I'm not saying that all low income families mainly eat fast food, but a majority do.

gurl this is false, you can buy a weeks worth of fruit and veg for like £5 (the price of a mcdonalds meal) and I'm sure that's the same anywhere, unhealthy food isn't actually easier to buy when you're broke :toofunny: I can speak from experience

PunkTheFunk
21 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

a women that smoked since she was 21 lived until she was 122 :shrug: 

Obvs it can cause cancer btw i just wanted to point it out :air: 

Yes, genes play a big factor too. Given my family history, if I were to start smoking I'd probably drop dead tomorrow :madge:

• Love 1
  • Shook 1

GlitterandTeeth

*Lung Cancer has left the chat*

xoxo hoanne

Morphine Prince
5 hours ago, River said:

Because in every place that I lived it costed something like 10$ for 1 menu and with 10$ I can actually buy food for a multiple meals at home.

Maybe it's not meat because meat can be expensive but I buy rice or pasta, a sauce, a vegetable etc.

For a family it can cost like 40$ (2 parents and 2 kids) so with 40$ you actually can buy a lot of food and have a proper meal at home.

I feel like it's more cultural mixed with laziness than actually money issue.. fast food is very pricey these days, it's not cheap as it was 20 and 30 years ago, so I wan to know if it's the same in the US..

McDonald’s and other fast food chains are cheap. There are dollar menu items. You can get a meal with a main item, fries, large drink for maybe $5-$7, depending on what you get. 

Fast food is definitely very cheap in the US. 

I got two red pills to take the blues away.

uo111
5 hours ago, River said:

Wedny's 4 for 4 would like a word with you.

Yes, not everything at fast food restaurants are cheap. But coming off work after your second 8 hours shift of the day, and getting a cheap fast food meal because you have to go back to work in 6 hours, doesn't mean people are lazy.

Food deserts are also very real and if you've never experienced them, then you have literally not idea how hard it can be to get to the grocery store and make a meal. It can take upwards of 2 hours (think about gas money here) for some people to buy groceries, compared to less than 5 minutes at a fast food restaurant.

There is also very little education about nutrition and what it means to eat right, especially in lower income households. It's hard to eat healthy when you literally don't even know what that means. Bottom line, people are not choosing to be unhealthy, it's thrust upon them.

Edited by uo111
  • Like 1

River
39 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

McDonald’s and other fast food chains are cheap. There are dollar menu items. You can get a meal with a main item, fries, large drink for maybe $5-$7, depending on what you get. 

Fast food is definitely very cheap in the US. 

24 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Wedny's 4 for 4 would like a word with you.

Yes, not everything at fast food restaurants are cheap. But coming off work after your second 8 hours shift of the day, and getting a cheap fast food meal because you have to go back to work in 6 hours, doesn't mean people are lazy.

Food deserts are also very real and if you've never experienced them, then you have literally not idea how hard it can be to get to the grocery store and make a meal. It can take upwards of 2 hours (think about gas money here) for some people to buy groceries, compared to less than 5 minutes at a fast food restaurant.

There is also very little education about nutrition and what it means to eat right, especially in lower income households. It's hard to eat healthy when you literally don't even know what that means. Bottom line, people are not choosing to be unhealthy, it's thrust upon them.

But isn't the main customers are pretty much middle class families that can actually cook at home?

And also, when I studied I decided not to get the savings from my dad and fund everything by myself so I worked daily while studying and the times I ate junk food were with friends, I used to buy the food and prepare the night before and it was almost the same amount of buying the food from a junk food restaurant.

I might be wrong but I think it's a mix of many things from education, laziness, expenses.. US is the 3rd country that a Mc is most expensive in the world, so I don't understand how it makes it cheaper..

anywaaay it's becoming too off topic I'm so sorry OP!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

That J
11 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Obviously cigarettes cause harm to the body... but I have always wondered why we don’t attack big fast food chains for their health side effects 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or how weed which is natural is SO BAD yet alcohol is perfectly fine. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, River said:

But isn't the main customers are pretty much middle class families that can actually cook at home?

And also, when I studied I decided not to get the savings from my dad and fund everything by myself so I worked daily while studying and the times I ate junk food were with friends, I used to buy the food and prepare the night before and it was almost the same amount of buying the food from a junk food restaurant.

I might be wrong but I think it's a mix of many things from education, laziness, expenses.. US is the 3rd country that a Mc is most expensive in the world, so I don't understand how it makes it cheaper..

anywaaay it's becoming too off topic I'm so sorry OP!!!!!!!!!!!

Because many people don’t want to cook or are too lazy to meal prep. And it’s fairly cheap, can’t compare it to other countries on the basis of cost cause Americans probably earn more money than people in most countries. 

There are people who literally eat out almost every day or many times a week. If they can pay, they don’t care. 

And for low income people, junk food is usually cheaper. Also lack of education on nutrition is a factor. These companies target low income people too. 

I got two red pills to take the blues away.