TheRoof

will we ever get the last two books at this point? :madge:

george-rr-martin-spotted-living-his-best

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati Freak
23 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

Dany executing Samwell Tarly's family may have been her biggest mistake to date (second to several she made at the Battle of Winterfell). Here's why: 

Dany can't portray herself as a champion of all people. Yes, she flew over to Westeros to help Jon and the Northerners fight the Army of the Dead, and her arrival definitely helped. But the people of Horn Hill, Highgarden, Old Town, and the surrounding area? To them she's a ruthless wannabe dictator who executes anyone who refuses to bend the knee. That's not exactly inspiring. In fact, that's pretty much what the Mad King did. Never mind the fact that Sam was broken over what she did to his family. I suspect Sam will be a part of Dany's undoing: he'll start to tell people about Jon's lineage, which will further undermine Danaerys' claim to the Throne and everything she's worked for. I suspect Tyrion will betray her for Cersei since he plotted something with her last season, and I suspect Varys will betray her after he concludes that Jon is the "better" person to rule the realm. Dany sacrificed so much and in the end, she probably gets nothing for it. I don't see a happy ending for her. :( 

popcorn.gif

I've seen a few theories in the past week after Kit stated something real Shakespearian happens in episode 4. To me that could mean some kind of big betrayal or possible murder. There was a theory going around a year ago that...

Spoiler

Jon murders Sam because he threatens to tell everyone else about the big secret and he wants to protect himself and Dany. He feels that at this point Sam should keep his trap shut and mind his business and if he won't that's a very big betrayal to him. Very interesting I went back to this theory when Jon didn't help Sam during the Battle last week. 

RAMROD
5 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

I watched all the season + the new episodes. Happy that I can join the thread now :vegas:

So which episode that made you "this is my show now" :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jose P

If Arya kills Cersei I’m gonna be pissed. I love her but she already killed the Night King, she can’t just kill the two main villains and render the rest of the characters useless. They need to give them something to do and not give Arya all of the kills and big moments. 

Now, I’d prefer if Jaime or Tyrion kill Cersei, but if Sansa does it could be EVERYTHING. Imagine the confrontation after all this years and seeing Sansa wield a dagger for the first time just to stab Cersei or slit her throat :firega:

LittleMichael

Who's excited for today? I can't wait to see another episode of GoT live :bradley:

ColorlessBlushingHog-size_restricted.gif

SwissMonster
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

So which episode that made you "this is my show now" :oprah:

Ned‘s death, so last episode of S1. Cause then I new things will not happen as expected :vegas:

Also I have a streaming side to watch it but I don’t know if they will put directly the new episode. Does someone know where to watch it directly when it comes out, on a free streaming platform ? :huntyga:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

RAMROD
1 hour ago, SwissMonster said:

Also I have a streaming side to watch it but I don’t know if they will put directly the new episode. Does someone know where to watch it directly when it comes out, on a free streaming platform ? :huntyga:

From what I read, in Belgium, Telenet bought the exclusive rights to air it there. So, you need to subscribe to Telenet and get their Play package. It is available int  their Play library the same time it is aired in USA, so about 3 AM in your timezone. The first month of Telenet is free.

LittleMichael
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

There are some links where you can try to watch it live if you don't care so much about the quality :huntyga:

Fanta
On 5/4/2019 at 4:30 AM, Lion Heart said:

Dany executing Samwell Tarly's family may have been her biggest mistake to date (second to several she made at the Battle of Winterfell). Here's why: 

Dany can't portray herself as a champion of all people. Yes, she flew over to Westeros to help Jon and the Northerners fight the Army of the Dead, and her arrival definitely helped. But the people of Horn Hill, Highgarden, Old Town, and the surrounding area? To them she's a ruthless wannabe dictator who executes anyone who refuses to bend the knee. That's not exactly inspiring. In fact, that's pretty much what the Mad King did. Never mind the fact that Sam was broken over what she did to his family. I suspect Sam will be a part of Dany's undoing: he'll start to tell people about Jon's lineage, which will further undermine Danaerys' claim to the Throne and everything she's worked for. I suspect Tyrion will betray her for Cersei since he plotted something with her last season, and I suspect Varys will betray her after he concludes that Jon is the "better" person to rule the realm. Dany sacrificed so much and in the end, she probably gets nothing for it. I don't see a happy ending for her. :( 

popcorn.gif

Why are we acting like the Tarly’s had any honour or were victims when they were executed? Highgarden would not stand against Dany as the Tarly’s BETRAYED them. They wiped out a great house and sided with the true mad queen: Cersei. And yet, Dany still gave them a chance to live. Actually, she gave them two chances but it was Lord Tarly’s arrogance that got him executed. That was also the one and only time Dany used her dragons as a form of intimidation to get people to bend the knee. 

This whole ‘Dany is the mad queen’ theory/storyline is so weak and silly when 95% of her arc is finding herself, learning how to rule, freeing and rescuing people including Jon a trillion times (and she paid the price with one of her dragons too). So there. 

Bye
4 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Why are we acting like the Tarly’s had any honour or were victims when they were executed? Highgarden would not stand against Dany as the Tarly’s BETRAYED them. They wiped out a great house and sided with the true mad queen: Cersei. And yet, Dany still gave them a chance to live. Actually, she gave them two chances but it was Lord Tarly’s arrogance that got him executed. That was also the one and only time Dany used her dragons as a form of intimidation to get people to bend the knee. 

This whole ‘Dany is the mad queen’ theory/storyline is so weak and silly when 95% of her arc is finding herself, learning how to rule, freeing and rescuing people including Jon a trillion times (and she paid the price with one of her dragons too). So there. 

The only reason anyone cares about the Tarlys is because of their relation to Sam, a likable character. Otherwise everyone would have been yaaaas queen. The mad queen theory is the worst thing ever. Making a reckless decisions and mistakes makes you a flawed character (which everyone is on the show) and not a mad character who wants to burn everyone alive. 

thatfoxyfeeling

I’m kinda hoping the next episode isn’t just building up for the next battle. I expected more characters to be dead by episode 4, loved Battle of Winterfell but I don’t want a filler episode in a 6 episode season. :rip: 

LittleMichael
14 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Why do you say that the Tarlys betrayed Highgarden? Highgarden betrayed the crown in the first place allying with a conqueror, so the Tarlys simply decided to stay with King's Landing, as the hierarchy would want :gum:

It's true, Daenerys gave them the chance to live, but as a dictator actually... You bend the knee, otherwise I'll use my dragon to burn you alive... What a mercy :oops:

LittleMichael
4 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I’m kinda hoping the next episode isn’t just building up for the next battle. I expected more characters to be dead by episode 4, loved Battle of Winterfell but I don’t want a filler episode in a 6 episode season. :rip: 

The episode will last 78 minutes, so I don't think it's gonna be a filler episode :popcorn:

RAMROD

I don't think there will be any filler episodes in this final season. It could be a little slower and mostly conversational but doesn't mean it will be filler. 

Archived