💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Help and Advice Needed - Canadian Going to Enigma

Poissonche

Featured Posts

Poissonche

Good evening/morning/afternoon/whatever you like,

I am a Canadian citizen going to see Gaga for Enigma. I am not a big traveller and have only been out of Canada for 4 days in my whole life. I am slowly but surely preparing for my trip, and I wanted to know if some more experimented travellers on here had tips and advice for me on travelling in the US, or just travelling out of your country in general. What should I bring? What  should I not bring? How does going through a airport works? Is there some stuff I could forget but shouldn't? Do you have any recommendations for anything in regards to travelling? And for Vegas specifically, does any of you have any experience? Are there unsafe spots? How should I travel in the city?

These questions are just some stuff I want to know. If you have any other advice for me, feel free to share! Thank you so much in advance! As much as I am excited to see Gaga live, I can't help but be stressed out for all these aspects related to travelling.

Also, how heavy do snowstorms need to be to cause delay in flights? It would be a shame to not be able to attend the show in desert Nevada due to a snowstorm :triggered:

should I go to the airport wearing a winter coat? ok I'll stop asking questions just help me plz thank you very much I love you

why am I travelling almost 2000 kilometres for a 2-hour show... the things I do for this woman... I think I'm crazy...

Love.

Poissonche
11 minutes ago, andy69 said:

Avoid trashy white people. They carry guns.

i will treasure this information throughout my trip thank you.

River

All the sharp things ,make up, cremes liquids are in the checked luggage.

If you're a smoker, check if there's a smoking area AFTER the security check, if no, then smoke your last cigarette at least 40 minutes before the boarding starts because it may take you a long way to reach the gate.

Check the prices of taxis and if Uber works there and see what is better to use.

If you see a red S or SSSS stamp on your passport, be ready for a full security check, but don't worry, they just randomly select people..

Laptop bag is considered as a hand bag so if you take a backpag with you, put the laptop inside the check-in luggage.

Anything else?

I'm traveling a lot so ask away

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD

As West Coast local, regarding clothings, bring at least one light jacket. Although there are no winter here, our evenings are cold. It can reach as low as 8-2 degrees C.

Bring your toiletries too. Hotel's shampoo and soap are not that good. But if you travel light type of person, at least bring your razor kit. That is essential. Never bother with those disposable 3 packs, those are dull AF!! And bring ypur cologne. Pack it in zip loc bag and put it between your clothes in your checked luggage. They will provide cushioning so it won't break. The rest you can buy it here, at local grocery store. It is cheaper than prices in Canada too. Make sure you don't go overweight. Usually economy flights come with 20kg free for checked and 7 kg for cabin. But if you're mot sure, ask your airline customer service early.

Going to airports, GO EARLY, at least 2 hours eqrly if you are not that far with the airport, or make it 3, if you need to catch trains etc. Don't wear any accesories, it is such a bother, especially with security checks. It will slow you down! Better safe yourself from drama than sorry!

All you need to prepare is print out of your tickets, or the barcode on phone, and your passports. And that is all. Bring pen with you too, you will need it to fill in customs leaflet, usually given out in flight. Find out which aisle your airline at. 

Bring cash next to your CCs. You can get USD at Vegas airports ofc. Don't bother with the currency exchange service, their rate are usually poor. 

That is all I can share for kow. Ask away if you have more questions.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Poissonche
9 hours ago, River said:

All the sharp things ,make up, cremes liquids are in the checked luggage.

If you're a smoker, check if there's a smoking area AFTER the security check, if no, then smoke your last cigarette at least 40 minutes before the boarding starts because it may take you a long way to reach the gate.

Check the prices of taxis and if Uber works there and see what is better to use.

If you see a red S or SSSS stamp on your passport, be ready for a full security check, but don't worry, they just randomly select people..

Laptop bag is considered as a hand bag so if you take a backpag with you, put the laptop inside the check-in luggage.

Anything else?

I'm traveling a lot so ask away

7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

As West Coast local, regarding clothings, bring at least one light jacket. Although there are no winter here, our evenings are cold. It can reach as low as 8-2 degrees C.

Bring your toiletries too. Hotel's shampoo and soap are not that good. But if you travel light type of person, at least bring your razor kit. That is essential. Never bother with those disposable 3 packs, those are dull AF!! And bring ypur cologne. Pack it in zip loc bag and put it between your clothes in your checked luggage. They will provide cushioning so it won't break. The rest you can buy it here, at local grocery store. It is cheaper than prices in Canada too. Make sure you don't go overweight. Usually economy flights come with 20kg free for checked and 7 kg for cabin. But if you're mot sure, ask your airline customer service early.

Going to airports, GO EARLY, at least 2 hours eqrly if you are not that far with the airport, or make it 3, if you need to catch trains etc. Don't wear any accesories, it is such a bother, especially with security checks. It will slow you down! Better safe yourself from drama than sorry!

All you need to prepare is print out of your tickets, or the barcode on phone, and your passports. And that is all. Bring pen with you too, you will need it to fill in customs leaflet, usually given out in flight. Find out which aisle your airline at. 

Bring cash next to your CCs. You can get USD at Vegas airports ofc. Don't bother with the currency exchange service, their rate are usually poor. 

That is all I can share for kow. Ask away if you have more questions.

Thank you SO MUCH I will be applying all this, thank you thank you thank you :kara:

GypsyVida

I may just be reiterating what people have already said, but make sure to get to the airport at least 2 hours early so you have plenty of time to get your boarding pass, bags checked, and to go through TSA. Depending how long your flight is and what airline you're flying with you might want to get a bite of food before your flight. Don't dress fancy to the airport. Jeans or sweatpants and a T-shirt or sweatshirt will be just fine. Sneakers, too. No one wants to wait for you to take all your sh*t off.

Make sure to have your boarding pass, passport, and ID if they ask for it ready when you get near the front of the TSA line. Once you get past TSA, you need to find the concourse your flight's gate is at. Once you find that, find the gate. Set up shop -depending on how long you have 'till your flight- get comfortable, get a drink or some food. Most airlines let food and drink purchased in the airport on board.

During the flight (idk if you have a fear of flying, or are nervous), make sure to just relax and enjoy the ride, taking off can feel weird if you're not used to it. 

When you land, go directly to customs and get your passport stamped, and retrieve your checked bag(s). From there, you're free to go to your hotel or wherever you want to go. I'm from Philly, so I don't know much about Vegas, but have fun and enjoy Enigma!

EDIT: and, do it if you want, but the people that clap when the flight lands are hella annoying :reductive:

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Where are you flying out of? I've never been to Vegas, but I fly out of Toronto with some regularity, if you have any YYZ specific questions!

As for a winter coat, I never wear it if I'm going somewhere warm. If someone I know is dropping me off I just leave it in the car. Sounds like you'll want some form of jacket anyway, so I think you should be good!

Seconding whoever said don't use currency exchange booths or services! You can double check, but usually the easiest thing to do is just take cash out of an ATM like normal. Have some USD on hand for right away, but I wouldn't travel with much cash.

Check with your phone provider what they'll charge you to use data in the States. You can buy packages from them for whatever, or just put your phone on airplane mode the whole times you're there and use wifi only. If you're going without data, pre-download some google maps for around Vegas to save yourself trouble. 

My biggest tip is to watch some packing videos on youtube and see if you can get yourself down to carry-on only. This depends on how much your airline allows (weight-wise), and how elaborate your outfit for the show will be, but I loooove not checking a bag and worrying if it will be lost, waiting for it, hauling it around etc. I once did three weeks in Cambodia carry-on only, you can do it!

Have fun, everything will be just fine!

Poissonche
28 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

I may just be reiterating what people have already said, but make sure to get to the airport at least 2 hours early so you have plenty of time to get your boarding pass, bags checked, and to go through TSA. Depending how long your flight is and what airline you're flying with you might want to get a bite of food before your flight. Don't dress fancy to the airport. Jeans or sweatpants and a T-shirt or sweatshirt will be just fine. Sneakers, too. No one wants to wait for you to take all your sh*t off.

Make sure to have your boarding pass, passport, and ID if they ask for it ready when you get near the front of the TSA line. Once you get past TSA, you need to find the concourse your flight's gate is at. Once you find that, find the gate. Set up shop -depending on how long you have 'till your flight- get comfortable, get a drink or some food. Most airlines let food and drink purchased in the airport on board.

During the flight (idk if you have a fear of flying, or are nervous), make sure to just relax and enjoy the ride, taking off can feel weird if you're not used to it. 

When you land, go directly to customs and get your passport stamped, and retrieve your checked bag(s). From there, you're free to go to your hotel or wherever you want to go. I'm from Philly, so I don't know much about Vegas, but have fun and enjoy Enigma!

EDIT: and, do it if you want, but the people that clap when the flight lands are hella annoying :reductive:

Thank you so much! Also, do you know anything about transfers? Because I am not flying directly to Vegas; I have a four-hour break in Toronto. Does it work the same as the first flight?

7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Where are you flying out of? I've never been to Vegas, but I fly out of Toronto with some regularity, if you have any YYZ specific questions!

As for a winter coat, I never wear it if I'm going somewhere warm. If someone I know is dropping me off I just leave it in the car. Sounds like you'll want some form of jacket anyway, so I think you should be good!

Seconding whoever said don't use currency exchange booths or services! You can double check, but usually the easiest thing to do is just take cash out of an ATM like normal. Have some USD on hand for right away, but I wouldn't travel with much cash.

Check with your phone provider what they'll charge you to use data in the States. You can buy packages from them for whatever, or just put your phone on airplane mode the whole times you're there and use wifi only. If you're going without data, pre-download some google maps for around Vegas to save yourself trouble. 

My biggest tip is to watch some packing videos on youtube and see if you can get yourself down to carry-on only. This depends on how much your airline allows (weight-wise), and how elaborate your outfit for the show will be, but I loooove not checking a bag and worrying if it will be lost, waiting for it, hauling it around etc. I once did three weeks in Cambodia carry-on only, you can do it!

Have fun, everything will be just fine!

Quebec City - Toronto - Vegas.

And thank you too! I'll check with my phone company!

GypsyVida
4 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Also, do you know anything about transfers? Because I am not flying directly to Vegas; I have a four-hour break in Toronto. Does it work the same as the first flight?

Sorry sis, I've never done a transfer flight :( But I'm sure there are some videos on youtube maybe even about transferring through T-Pearson.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Archived