Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
politics

700,000 march for "people's vote" on Brexit deal

Featured Posts

Benji

Protesters seeking a referendum on the final Brexit deal have attended a rally which organisers say was the "biggest" demonstration of its kind.  Young voters led the People's Vote march to London's Parliament Square, which supporters say attracted approximately 700,000 protesters.  It also had support from a number of MPs who also want a fresh vote. This is something which has already been ruled out by Prime Minister Theresa May. The People's Vote campaign said stewards on the route estimated 700,000 were taking part.

_103941734_crowdpic3.jpg

People gathered on Park Lane for hours before the march. Many held home-made signs and banners with slogans like "the wrexiteers", "Brexit stole my future" and "Even Baldrick had a plan." As the crowds began to form, the sheer scale of the protest became clear. Thousands of people stretched filled the street, some were singing, others were playing instruments, while many plastic whistles blared out. There were lots of young families there, some with children wrapped in EU flags. Many told me they'd gone because they were worried about their families' future. Some people marched in groups - there were NHS staff, political parties, members of the LGBT community and dog owners. Many took the opportunity to dress up their pets for the protest.

The start of the march was delayed due to the number of people there. It was a good natured and friendly march through some of London's most famous streets before the hundreds of thousands of people arrived at Parliament Square. By that stage the march was so large that not everyone could fit in the square and demonstrators spilled out onto nearby streets.

The marchers are hoping people power will persuade the British government to hold a referendum on the final Brexit deal. They will have to wait and see if the government was listening.

The British public voted to leave the EU by a margin of 51.89% to 48.11% in a referendum in June 2016. The UK is scheduled to leave on 29 March 2019, under the terms of the two-year Article 50 process.

Labour's Lord Adonis, a campaigner for People's Vote - which wants a referendum on the outcome of the negotiations with the EU - said: "Brexit's becoming a dog's dinner.  This week's fresh chaos and confusion over Brexit negotiations has exposed how even the best deal now available will be a bad one for Britain."

_103942249_boyreuters.jpg

_103942979_rick_afpgetty.jpg

Full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45925542

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Interstellar

Is there an article, image, video... or even.. anything?

or are you just wanting that hit thread :sure:

Edited by Interstellar

Benji
1 minute ago, Interstellar said:

There's an article in the OP? :laughga: Here's a video too.

• Like 3

Blue Madonna
1 minute ago, Interstellar said:

or are you just wanting that hit thread :sure:

Mess there's a whole thing isn't there?

And also :rip: I thought this was gonna be about the American election system which tbh I would march for from New Zealand :selena:

DO YOU NEED AN OVERLY DRAMATIC FLOP FUNERAL? contact me- GGD's premium funeral officiator. past work includes dead fad named teawhore 🌺

iAstroLeo

Tbh I really want the UK to stay in the EU, but at the same time I can't feel sympathy for them. I know that it was mostly the old generation that voted to leave, but I feel like they were warned since day 1 about the consequences of leaving the EU. They always thought that the EU would bow down to their every need, and now that they are seeing that it isn't working out for them, they want to revert their decision. 

This probably contradicts my belief for a free Scotland, they voted in and their wish should be heard.

I feel like I sound pretty ignorant for thinking this way, but hopefully somebody arguments with me so if that I'm thinking wrong, I'll start thinking right :flop:

Edited by iAstroLeo
  • Like 2

monster4life231

Democracy is the public voting to leave, and democracy is also the right to protest. Can't complain at both really.

ShockPop
1 hour ago, iAstroLeo said:

Tbh I really want the UK to stay in the EU, but at the same time I can't feel sympathy for them. I know that it was mostly the old generation that voted to leave, but I feel like they were warned since day 1 about the consequences of leaving the EU. They always thought that the EU would bow down to their every need, and now that they are seeing that it isn't working out for them, they want to revert their decision. 

This probably contradicts my belief for a free Scotland, they voted in and their wish should be heard.

I feel like I sound pretty ignorant for thinking this way, but hopefully somebody arguments with me so if that I'm thinking wrong, I'll start thinking right :flop:

Wrong wrong wrong. Please educate yourself on EU restrictions and how it's crippled this country.

Anjem Choudhary is out of prison for example. Thanks EU!

A march against democracy just because the final decision means college students need a visa to travel but can't work out which box to tick for "Gender".

Honestly. 

You know where the Brexit voters were today? WORK.

Edited by ShockPop
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

iAstroLeo
3 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Wrong wrong wrong. Please educate yourself on EU restrictions and how it's crippled this country.

A march against democracy just because the final decision means college students need a visa to travel but can't work out which box to tick for "Gender".

Honestly. 

Most of them are retired, so they couldn't be doing that :oops:

• Like 11
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

ReginaGeorge
3 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Honestly. 

We all know who actually voted for Brexit and let’s not play dumb. Statistically rural areas had major vote for Brexit and it’s because people in those areas are less educated unfortunately. Visas are not the only problem and you (I hope) know that. Coming here and blaming students (future of that country) for protesting something that is basically ruining their future is just low. Educate yourself. 

• Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

ARealWildMan
1 hour ago, iAstroLeo said:

The problem is that many voters were misinformed.

The famous "We spend so much on the EU that we could spend on the NHS" quote which was revealed that instead of going to the NHS, the money is going straight to Brexit MPs pockets. The misinformation in both the Brexit and Bremain campaigns was huge and people were told so many lies by everyone. The only information that the British public got was (to be honest) propaganda. Brexit wasn't afraid to use racist language and Bremain wasn't afraid to scaremonger.

Love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body
  • Thanks 2

ZacharyMark
17 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Brits work the weekends?

• Thanks 2

ShockPop
10 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

We all know who actually voted for Brexit and let’s not play dumb. Statistically rural areas had major vote for Brexit and it’s because people in those areas are less educated unfortunately. Visas are not the only problem and you (I hope) know that. Coming here and blaming students (future of that country) for protesting something that is basically ruining their future is just low. Educate yourself. 

11 minutes ago, ARealWildMan said:

The problem is that many voters were misinformed.

The famous "We spend so much on the EU that we could spend on the NHS" quote which was revealed that instead of going to the NHS, the money is going straight to Brexit MPs pockets. The misinformation in both the Brexit and Bremain campaigns was huge and people were told so many lies by everyone. The only information that the British public got was (to be honest) propaganda. Brexit wasn't afraid to use racist language and Bremain wasn't afraid to scaremonger.

Ohh you're going for "poor education lead to benefit vote" fiction. It didn't. 

Nobody voted because of a bus or Boris. Literally nobody.

The EU has inflicted restriction after restriction on this country that has lead to a shutdown of industry. A complete shutdown of my home town. 

Educate yourselves rather than listening to pro-eu propaganda.

• Like 2

ShockPop
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Brits work the weekends?

Saturdays & 6 hour Sundays. Although there is a movement to make Sunday a normal working day to both create jobs and create spending.

• Like 1

ARealWildMan
2 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Ohh you're going for "poor education lead to benefit vote" fiction. It didn't. 

Nobody voted because of a bus or Boris. Literally nobody.

The EU has inflicted restriction after restriction on this country that has lead to a shutdown of industry. A complete shutdown of my home town. 

Educate yourselves rather than listening to pro-eu propaganda.

Educate yourself on the plummet of the pound and the destruction of our country's economy since the Brexit vote then

Love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body
  • Like 2