Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A much more improved, clearer Justin Timberlake timeline

mzncb

Featured Posts

culturalbaptism
14 hours ago, Bradley said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

I'm not. There's no place for Justin Timberlake in 2018. He already released a (generic) stand alone single in less than 6 months after his album release. This album cycle wasn't satisfactory, he's desperate.

14 hours ago, Bradley said:

I didn't know working with Timbaland and being inspired by Michael Jackson and Prince are a crime. Are you high?

Not a crime at all. But that doesn't mean he had any impact in the music industry. Lady Gaga was highly inspired by Madonna. Is that impactful? No. But Lady Gaga brought artistry, long videos, outstanding performances back to the music industry. When every girl in the industry (new or not) is re-inventing their image to fit Gaga's paradigm, I call that impact. Not to mention Justin Timberlake used black culture throughout his career without respecting it or even supporting black people.

I stand by my post. Justin Timberlake used Britney Spears and Janet Jackson to get relevancy as a solo artist. Justin Timberlake used Michael Jackson's demos and Timbaland's productions to build a strong debut album. Justin Timberlake emulated Prince's and Michael's style yet he made fun of both of them publicly.

Again, I'm so glad Justin Timberlake is irrelevant in 2018. His highly anticipated album failed to get critical acclaim. His singles underperformed. His streaming numbers are a joke. People already moved on. And Justin Timberlake can not use miss Britney Spears and Janet Jackson for a cheap controversy since both of them are also irrelevant in 2018. For the first time in his career he had to stand by his both legs and it did not look pretty. And he's a white male, there's no racism or ageism to affect his career. He still could be great in 2018 but the general public said no.

giphy.gif

Britney Spears and Janet Jackson may also be irrelevant in 2018, but both of them have a legacy. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera made bubblegum pop mainstream. They inspired a whole generation of pop girls. Janet Jackson and Madonna are basically the blueprint of pop. She backed Madonna where she lacked, like making a dent in black culture and making a style of dance that was new for females at the time mainstream. Janet spoke about racism at a young age and as a entertainer. She literally helped form Contemporary R&B. She inspired countless female and male artists.

So, I'm still waiting for you to tell me exactly how Justin Timberlake impacted this industry.

giphy.gif

And for a final note, I would like to leave this tweet here, where Justin Timberlake is exposed.

Have a nice read.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

I'm not. There's no place for Justin Timberlake in 2018. He already released a (generic) stand alone single in less than 6 months after his album release. This album cycle wasn't satisfactory, he's desperate.

Not a crime at all. But that doesn't mean he had any impact in the music industry. Lady Gaga was highly inspired by Madonna. Is that impactful? No. But Lady Gaga brought artistry, long videos, outstanding performances back to the music industry. When every girl in the industry (new or not) is re-inventing their image to fit Gaga's paradigm, I call that impact. Not to mention Justin Timberlake used black culture throughout his career without respecting it or even supporting black people.

I stand by my post. Justin Timberlake used Britney Spears and Janet Jackson to get relevancy as a solo artist. Justin Timberlake used Michael Jackson's demos and Timbaland's productions to build a strong debut album. Justin Timberlake emulated Prince's and Michael's style yet he made fun of both of the publicly.

Again, I'm so glad Justin Timberlake is irrelevant in 2018. His highly anticipated album failed to get critical acclaim. His singles underperformed. His streaming numbers are a joke. People already moved on. And Justin Timberlake can not use miss Britney Spears and Janet Jackson for a cheap controversy since both of them are also irrelevant in 2018. For the first time in his career he had to stand by his both legs and it did not look pretty. And he's a white male, there's no racism or ageism to affect his career. He still could be great in 2018 but the general public said no.

giphy.gif

Britney Spears and Janet Jackson may also be irrelevant in 2018, but both of them have a legacy. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera made bubblegum pop mainstream. They inspired a whole generation of pop girls. Janet Jackson and Madonna are basically the blueprint of pop. She backed Madonna where she lacked, like making a dent in black culture and making a style of dance that was new for females at the time mainstream. Janet spoke about racism at a young age and as a entertainer. She literally helped form Contemporary R&B. She inspired countless female and male artists.

So, I'm still waiting for you to tell me exactly how Justin Timberlake impacted this industry.

giphy.gif

And for a final note, I would like to leave this tweet here, where Justin Timberlake is exposed.

Have a nice read.

Justin influencing any impactful artist, such as Britney, literally makes him impactful by association. He was majorly successful, and he still is successful for an artist that’s been around for as long as he is. This success makes him impactful. You linked that twitter thread that explained why he’s a terrible person, but that’s completely beside the point. Even if Justin is a terrible person who has done horrible things, it doesn’t mean that he’s irrelevant. I think Justin Timberlake has done some horrible things, but I can still recognize his success and his impact on the music industry. Personal feelings aren’t relevant in this because it’s strictly facts. He’s doing well for being this old, and he is still one of the most successful male artists of all time.

Bradley
1 hour ago, Successfulga said:

Yes you are. To think that Justin Timberlake is over in 2018 when he literally just played the Superbowl and headlined one of the most successful tours in 2018 is beyond delusional. You clearly hate Justin and will not accept facts because you're too blind to see the truth.

Literally everyone in this thread has been telling you that and you are the only one who is still in ignorance and refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Whatever, it's not like us telling you how successful Justin is is going to make him any less rich or impactful. He has a legacy and he's earning millions per show and if you want to stay jealous because Janet Jackson or Britney Spears cannot attain the same achievements, go ahead.

So go on and live in your bubble.

Shut up about this, honestly. Even if he did, so what? Cry me a river wouldve been a hit with or without Britney

culturalbaptism
2 hours ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

Y'all need to stop the hate on this legend.

I'm afraid not. He's no legend. Icon at best. He will never touch real legends.

3 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Shut up about this, honestly. Even if he did, so what? Cry me a river wouldve been a hit with or without Britney

Like I Love You, his debut single, was a flop. He needed Britney.

3 hours ago, Bradley said:

Yes you are. To think that Justin Timberlake is over in 2018 when he literally just played the Superbowl and headlined one of the most successful tours in 2018 is beyond delusional. You clearly hate Justin and will not accept facts because you're too blind to see the truth.

Literally everyone in this thread has been telling you that and you are the only one who is still in ignorance and refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Whatever, it's not like us telling you how successful Justin is is going to make him any less rich or impactful. He has a legacy and he's earning millions per show and if you want to stay jealous because Janet Jackson or Britney Spears cannot attain the same achievements, go ahead.

So go on and live in your bubble.

I want you to point me where I said his tour wasn't successful.

You keep telling me how much of a legacy he has, yet you're unable to provide me said legacy. You don't have a point.

What achievements? Janet Jackson and Britney Spears outperformed him. Having a successful tour 20 years in is not that big deal. :rip:

3 hours ago, xcx said:

Justin influencing any impactful artist, such as Britney, literally makes him impactful by association. He was majorly successful, and he still is successful for an artist that’s been around for as long as he is. This success makes him impactful. You linked that twitter thread that explained why he’s a terrible person, but that’s completely beside the point. Even if Justin is a terrible person who has done horrible things, it doesn’t mean that he’s irrelevant. I think Justin Timberlake has done some horrible things, but I can still recognize his success and his impact on the music industry. Personal feelings aren’t relevant in this because it’s strictly facts. He’s doing well for being this old, and he is still one of the most successful male artists of all time.

P!nk and Beyoncé are doing well. Justin Timberlake is struggling. If you read the thread carefully, you will find out how he used Britney, Janet and Prince to promote and sell his singles and albums.

36 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

I'm afraid not. He's no legend. Icon at best. He will never touch real legends.

Like I Love You, his debut single, was a flop. He needed Britney.

I want you to point me where I said his tour wasn't successful.

You keep telling me how much of a legacy he has, yet you're unable to provide me said legacy. You don't have a point.

What achievements? Janet Jackson and Britney Spears outperformed him. Having a successful tour 20 years in is not that big deal. :rip:

P!nk and Beyoncé are doing well. Justin Timberlake is struggling. If you read the thread carefully, you will find out how he used Britney, Janet and Prince to promote and sell his singles and albums.

At this point, you're just being delusional. Him using Britney, Janet and Prince to sell albums has nothing to do with anything. 'If you read the thread carefully,' you'd know that the rest of us aren't talking about how he got success; we're talking about the fact that he has it. We're not discussing how he sold albums and songs, we're discussing the fact that he did sell them very well. You acknowledge that he has a very successful tour, but then you say he's struggling. I didn't mention P!nk and Beyoncé in the post you quoted, but you brought them up for no reason because you're grasping for straws. You're just bitter, and he's just a legend. Bye. :nooo:

culturalbaptism
6 hours ago, xcx said:

At this point, you're just being delusional. Him using Britney, Janet and Prince to sell albums has nothing to do with anything. 'If you read the thread carefully,' you'd know that the rest of us aren't talking about how he got success; we're talking about the fact that he has it. We're not discussing how he sold albums and songs, we're discussing the fact that he did sell them very well. You acknowledge that he has a very successful tour, but then you say he's struggling. I didn't mention P!nk and Beyoncé in the post you quoted, but you brought them up for no reason because you're grasping for straws. You're just bitter, and he's just a legend. Bye. :nooo:

Of course it has. Him saying how he and Britney had sex, how Britney "broke his heart", how he's a poor little boy who trusted a "bitch", how he's a poor little boy in the wrong place and time when he ripped Janet off is a way to get attention and promote his work. You are being very delusional right now. This is how artists use the media for attention and promo. Look at Lady Gaga: her outrageous costumes gave her a lot of attention and thus promoting her work. So stop acting brand new. This is how it works.

But he got success by using certain people in the music industry. Is he talented? Somewhat yes. But being somewhat talent isn't everything you need to succeed in this industry.

But selling well doesn't mean you are impactful. Is Britney Spears impactful because she sold 30 million albums? No. She's impactful because she made bubblegum pop a thing. Is Whitney Houston impactful because The Bodyguard sold 40 something million copies? Hell no. Her stage presence and how she used her ****ing voice that made a mother****ing impact. Stop acting like sales leave a mark. It doesn't. Justin Timberlake sold a few albums inspired by Michael's sound and using Timbaland's productions. He can sing, perform and write songs but he's not outstanding. He did not leave a mark.

I acknowledge that he has a successful tour, but he's struggling to make a dent in Billboard and streaming services. I'm not grasping for anything since I gave you lots of examples why Justin Timberlake isn't what you say he is. P!nk and Beyoncé are the last successful pop artists from the early 2000s.

I can keep going on and on. You're mad because you can't provide me reasons why Justin Timberlake is a "legend" while I'm providing you lots of reasons why he isn't (and lever will be) a legend.

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, Successfulga said:

giphy.gif

Have to say, I never looked at it this way until recently but this bit you've put in about how he's basically used other artists to boost him his entire solo career just blew my mind. He has relied on black artists and producers to help him out (Timbaland to produce and feature plus others, Janet to introduce him to the SB stage (he only had one solo album at the time!), MJ to have him feature on a song after his death and even Prince to lend his SB show some credibility. Plus, all the other people he's used to get this far - NSYNC to start his career, Britney to prolong it, etc. When it all came down to him just doing a show while standing on his own two feet, he suddenly didn't seem all that. Now with Timbaland's production falling out of favour, without Britney and Janet being relevant enough to help him and MJ and Prince being dead, it seems he doesn't have much left to offer. As for his tour selling well...as I always say, tickets put on sale before an album's release is such a coward's way out. If tickets had gone on sale a month or so after his album (and the critics savaged it and the public didn't buy into it), I guarantee they wouldn't have been as high. And even if they did, considering that he's selling way more tour tickets than album copies, I'd say it's totally because people are going to hear his old hits, not his new material.

But as regards to no one ever wanting to be him, some male artists that debuted shortly after he did sure tried. I remember Xtina once said to Adam Levine on The Voice that he was trying to be like JT, which I could totally buy into. But at the same time, all these guys have just been copying a copycat. Because Justin was inspired by MJ and Prince, so aren't all these pretenders really copying these guys instead? Hardly a legend after all. As you said, more of an icon.

culturalbaptism
45 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Have to say, I never looked at it this way until recently but this bit you've put in about how he's basically used other artists to boost him his entire solo career just blew my mind. He has relied on black artists and producers to help him out (Timbaland to produce and feature plus others, Janet to introduce him to the SB stage (he only had one solo album at the time!), MJ to have him feature on a song after his death and even Prince to lend his SB show some credibility. Plus, all the other people he's used to get this far - NSYNC to start his career, Britney to prolong it, etc. When it all came down to him just doing a show while standing on his own two feet, he suddenly didn't seem all that. Now with Timbaland's production falling out of favour, without Britney and Janet being relevant enough to help him and MJ and Prince being dead, it seems he doesn't have much left to offer. As for his tour selling well...as I always say, tickets put on sale before an album's release is such a coward's way out. If tickets had gone on sale a month or so after his album (and the critics savaged it and the public didn't buy into it), I guarantee they wouldn't have been as high. And even if they did, considering that he's selling way more tour tickets than album copies, I'd say it's totally because people are going to hear his old hits, not his new material.

But as regards to no one ever wanting to be him, some male artists that debuted shortly after he did sure tried. I remember Xtina once said to Adam Levine on The Voice that he was trying to be like JT, which I could totally buy into. But at the same time, all these guys have just been copying a copycat. Because Justin was inspired by MJ and Prince, so aren't all these pretenders really copying these guys instead? Hardly a legend after all. As you said, more of an icon.

You concluded my comment perfectly.

If you check the timeline, you'll see he was totally silent during the backlash in 2004 but started to mention Janet in 2006 during his album release. He also tried to bring Britney back in 2013 during The 20/20 Experience rollout.

jaXXXon
On 31. jul 2018 at 3:28 AM, Successfulga said:

What mark? Used Britney and Janet for exposure. Used Timbaland's sound and Michael's scrapped songs through his career. Being a younger, hybrid version of Prince and Michael is not impactful.

So? P!nk and Beyoncé are also bigger than Britney in 2018. I said he used her when she was at the top of her game. His last successful single was in 2016. His Superbowl performance lacked in attention, praise and failed to sell his new album.

The Super Bowl thing was due to Janet and his remarks. Nothing to do with Britney. Literally no one even remembers they were together anymore.

Also, don't get too cocky. His last hit may have been in 2016 (although Say Something charted well in many countries, including the US), but Britney's last real hit was SEVEN YEARS AGO. 

culturalbaptism
2 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

The Super Bowl thing was due to Janet and his remarks. Nothing to do with Britney. Literally no one even remembers they were together anymore.

Also, don't get too cocky. His last hit may have been in 2016 (although Say Something charted well in many countries, including the US), but Britney's last real hit was SEVEN YEARS AGO. 

So?

Jeroen Bloeming
15 hours ago, Successfulga said:

He also tried to bring Britney back in 2013 during The 20/20 Experience rollout.

where? You're just reaching

culturalbaptism
48 minutes ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

where? You're just reaching

It's in the Twitter thread...

Jeroen Bloeming
7 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

It's in the Twitter thread...

In that bs thread? Honestly like 80% of those are just trying to ruin him and praise Britney/Janet like they are so amazing and they are so innocent

Archived