💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shea Coulé drags Born This Way

Babel

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
18 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Marry The Night is about her going back to New York, The Edge of Glory is about her dead Grandfather, Heavy Metal Lover, You and I, and Judas are love songs written about her ex-boyfriend. In the opening line to the song Born This Way Gaga is singing about her own Mother.

Even though it's a concept album, and nearly all the songs are anthemic in nature, there are autobiographical threads connecting every song to Gaga's own experience. 

I thought Marry The Night was about her getting dropped from Def Jam then getting signed to Interscope :confused:

End Racism Now

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
9 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Lemonade's theme was all about BLM, and her album with her hubby is the exact same :trollga:  It may not be in every album, but I'd say the majority. In fact, lots of white fans felt Beyonce alienated them during Lemonade because it was all about empowering PoC... which is a good thing but at the same time, she alienated most of her fanbase

Lemonades theme was about identity, infidelity, perseverance and forgiveness. Talking about loving her black features is not the same as having an album about a social group. And boohoo, she shouldn’t have to cater to her white fans. But like I said, saying Bey is using a SOCIAL group for her albums is just as dumb and ignorant as saying Gaga is just using the gays to sell albums. Both of these women personally relate to each of their “groups”. And felt the need to shed light on them from time to time. 

SKANK
13 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I thought Marry The Night was about her getting dropped from Def Jam then getting signed to Interscope :confused:

That was that music video, according to Gaga: "This song is about me going back to New York. I wrote this about the courage it took for me to say 'I hate Hollywood, I just wanna live in Brooklyn and make music'"

Just because BTW can be perceived and used as an LGBTQ+ anthem doesn't mean Gaga's intention was to pander the community :triggered:

RochestrMonstr

I've never heard of this person before.  I'm confused though because there was only one "LGBTQ Anthem" on the album anyway.  Some of the other songs were anthems of empowerment, but their themes weren't exclusive to the LGBTQ community by any means.  

Whoever this person is, it sounds like she hasn't even listened to the album more than once and is just bored. 

lairofhk

She's far from the first one to have that opinion. That's been thought by many the second BTW was released. While I understand it, imagine all the people who's lives were saved or bettered by that album (including mine). For her to just write it off like that is a bit harsh. Especially when Gaga really did take a risk releasing an album like this back in 2011. In addition, most songs on the album are NOT LGBTQ anthems...they're anthems but of all different sorts and themes. Maybe she should give the album a full listen again before coming out with opinions full of inaccuracies. 

Oriane

So she likes/dislikes albums just based on the meaning, not the actual music ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Thats stupid Luv

Well, I foresee the Gaga curse derailing Shea's chance of taking out All stars 4 :) 

Queen Gloria

Oh f*ck off, Shea. Who cares? Reach for that relevance now that your season is over and you're not making the big-name drag money. Gaga has made so many legit contributions to the community, what has your ass done? Danced around and lost RPDR?

giphy.gif

WORLDofGAGA
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

Marry The Night is about her going back to New York, The Edge of Glory is about her dead Grandfather, Heavy Metal Lover, You and I, and Judas are love songs written about her ex-boyfriend. In the opening line to the song Born This Way Gaga is singing about her own Mother.

Even though it's a concept album, and nearly all the songs are anthemic in nature, there are autobiographical threads connecting every song to Gaga's own experience. 

Yeah, it’s kinda clever really, autobiographical yet also impowering other people 

@W0RLDofGAGA

McMonster08

I may not agree with the "selling to marginalized" part though I agree with the album being just so one note, some users here have pointed that before

Miel

Some twitter user said "and that's why Born This Way stan Sasha Velour won and you didn't" and I just-

3 points in and ready for more

Impostor

People here are so immature. Shea has an opinion and it's her view. No need to be rude towards her. Besides, Born This Way was very over the top and crazy. I didn't like it when it came out. Now I love it, but because I'm a fan of the aesthetic, not really the message.

TFM was more original and authentic and the public could feel that. Meanwhile, most people didn't get BTW. Y'all act like Judas was the only problem, but the whole album was too much.

Archived