💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

LOVE JUNKIE

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

Absolutely NOT, Joanne is currently my favourite Gaga album and that's because of him too, his productions fits perfectly with her songs, Gaga's voice shines on this album bc of him etc. Joanne was a fantastic album, it might not be great for people who ONLY likes dance-pop songs bc the album has many genres, but for me for example who might like something from almost every genre, it's GOLD. 

Like I said in my OP I don't have a problem with the style/genre(s) of the album. I also don't think it's a bad album. I love music from many genres and I don't think Gaga should limit herself to Dance and Pop. I'm just not that into how a lot of this album was executed because I believe it could have been handled better.

on a three day bender

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drin Lon
41 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Yeah that could be it. But I also can't help but feel as an executive producer of a Gaga album you have a responsibility to bring a certain level of creativity and ingenuity which I feel like didn't really happen.

29 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

@A Hybrid@WokePop@Why am I on GGD@Bradley sorry if I was a bit intense I've just had these pent-up feelings inside for almost two years with no outlet :sweat: I'm genuinely glad so many people like this album, it really does show a different side of Gaga and her talent and passion and love for what she does. I might not of liked the way it came together but I can still respect it. And who knows maybe LG6 will come together in a way we can all love and enjoy :giggle:

:golfclap:

kaojen

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean an album is lacking quality. 

You just don’t like it. The album itself is very much cohesive and the motifs and soundscape Gaga chose for many songs could have little to do with Mark. If we know anything about Gaga is that she is a perfectionist and loves to take things into her own hands.

I loved the album but again my interest in it has a little to do with the quality of Marks work. Musicians make music and there are so many varieties out there that a versitile artist like Gaga will create a wide range of works that don’t appeal to everyone. Some things may have been influenced by mark but he too has a plethora of different styles of music he likes to create. Versitile artists like them can be unpredictable and just go with the music writing flow and feel what kind of music they’re interested in making. 

So to answer your question: No. I don’t think it was a mistake. From a personal standpoint I think working with Mark was like therapy for Gaga. She seemed so happy to work with him and it helped her in the space she was in at the time of making the record.

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, kaojen said:

From a personal standpoint I think working with Mark was like therapy for Gaga. She seemed so happy to work with him and it helped her in the space she was in at the time of making the record.

I totally agree with that. It really seemed like she loved working with him and making this album and that makes me really happy. I just think someone else could have done better as an executive producer on this album. Or better yet Gaga exec. producing it herself :D

on a three day bender

LGMonster95
1 minute ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Like I said in my OP I don't have a problem with the style/genre(s) of the album. I also don't think it's a bad album. I love music from many genres and I don't think Gaga should limit herself to Dance and Pop. I'm just not that into how a lot of this album was executed because I believe it could have been handled better.

I saw you saying that is not as creative as her past albums , it's supposed to be a stripped down version of Gaga and the album is delivering exactly that, even thought this album is pretty creative too bc doing a stripped down version of an artist like Lady Gaga who's seen as "crazy", full with creativity is definitelly not easy 

LOVE JUNKIE

I saw you saying that is not as creative as her past albums , it's supposed to be a stripped down version of Gaga and the album is delivering exactly that, even thought this album is pretty creative too bc doing a stripped down version of an artist like Lady Gaga who's seen as "crazy", full with creativity is definitelly not easy 

If Joanne was just a stripped down Gaga album I would have been more okay with that but it wasn't. A-YO, Dancing In Circles, John Wayne don't really fit into that vision. That's partly why I think the executive direction of the album could have been better. Either commit to being fully stripped down or find a way to better balance the stripped down and the more produced stuff. I honestly don't think Joanne is as creative as her previous work and that isn't necessarily an issue. Just not what I've come to expect from her

on a three day bender

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

If Joanne was just a stripped down Gaga album I would have been more okay with that but it wasn't. A-YO, Dancing In Circles, John Wayne don't really fit into that vision. That's partly why I think the executive direction of the album could have been better. Either commit to being fully stripped down or find a way to better balance the stripped down and the more produced stuff. I honestly don't think Joanne is as creative as her previous work and that isn't necessarily an issue. Just not what I've come to expect from her

Well obviously is not a total stripped down version of her because Gaga still wanted to be "that Gaga" for her fans, to have something familiar on it too but more toned down. And I think this worked perfectly.

SwissMonster
2 hours ago, Jayzer said:

No.

edit:can yall stop hating Joanne i mean its gaga's most personal and her best vocally album,and its her my fav of hers

I don’t consider @LOVE JUNKIE‘s thread as hate at all. Also, why are y’all acting like we are not allowed to dislike something, this is the main problem in this fanbase, not the „Hate“ ... Yes it’s her less loved album by the fanbase, but not because we don’t appreciate her personal message, her incredible vocals or her looks. I actually think a lot of fans appreciate that. It’s just not the type of music many people in this fanbase truly like. You have to accept that! This has nothing to do with hate... At least not the big majority wich don’t like Joanne. I‘m getting tired of people saying „mimimi don’t throw hate on joanne mimimi“

Also in my opinion it was the right producer for this album, speaking of Gaga wanting this kind of musical style. I don’t think Bloodpop alone or someone else could have done a Country-Pop album in that way. But I think I get what you are talking about

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

LOVE JUNKIE
Just now, LGMonster95 said:

Well obviously is not a total stripped down version of her because Gaga still wanted to be "that Gaga" for her fans, to have something familiar on it too but more toned down. And I think this worked perfectly.

That's where we disagree and that's ok. As fans I think it's important we all have our own takes and points of view on her work :yay:

on a three day bender

notbrianeno

Given the stripped down nature of the record, I think Mark Ronson’s sucess as a producer was in coaxing excellent performances out of Gaga and helping her realize that vision.

LOVE JUNKIE

Screen_Shot_2018_07_02_at_6_23_37_AM.png

it's changed now but these nice round numbers got me off :sweat:

on a three day bender

DpHitch1992

I don't think it was a mistake at all. I was however expecting something a lot more experimental or different from the usual. Not country pop :what:

LOVE JUNKIE
4 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I don’t consider @LOVE JUNKIE‘s thread as hate at all. Also, why are y’all acting like we are not allowed to dislike something, this is the main problem in this fanbase, not the „Hate“ ... Yes it’s her less loved album by the fanbase, but not because we don’t appreciate her personal message, her incredible vocals or her looks. I actually think a lot of fans appreciate that. It’s just not the type of music many people in this fanbase truly like. You have to accept that! This has nothing to do with hate... At least not the big majority wich don’t like Joanne. I‘m getting tired of people saying „mimimi don’t throw hate on joanne mimimi“

Yes, thank you. If anything this thread is meant to inspire conversation and discourse. The more varying opinions in this fanbase and on this site the better.

on a three day bender

LGMonster95

By the way, I don't think anyone here says that you can't dislike Joanne, it's ok if you don't like it but if you are not familiar with the genres that Joanne has and are not really your cup of tea and then say that it's a bad album because it's not your type of songs then ur opinion is pretty much bullsh*t (just saying, not directing this to anyone) 

LOVE JUNKIE

By the way, I don't think anyone here says that you can't dislike Joanne, it's ok if you don't like it but if you are not familiar with the genres that Joanne has and are not really your cup of tea and then say that it's a bad album because it's not your type of songs then ur opinion is pretty much bullsh*t (just saying, not directing this to anyone) 

I have seen some people have this attitude and I agree that is annoying. Shitting on an album solely because you don't like the style/genre is silly

on a three day bender

Archived