❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Alice Cooper praises Gaga

Jenina

Featured Posts

Jenina

In a Billboard interview, Alice Cooper praised Gaga saying,

"Isn’t it interesting that the girls are the ones doing all the big productions? Lady Gaga does an amazing production, and she really knows what she’s doing up there -- same with Shakira, same with Rihanna. It’s amazing that the girls are taking over the big productions and the guys have become very introverted."

"I think Gaga in particular is very similar to Alice Cooper. When I met her and got her autograph, I brought my daughter to see her, and it said, "Dear Alice, Thank you for letting me steal your show." [Laughs.]

No, she didn’t steal my show, but the idea behind the fact that she created a character named Lady Gaga, and what did she do? She wrote songs for Lady Gaga. I write songs for Alice Cooper. I don’t necessarily write songs for me: What would Alice say here? What would Alice do here? It gives me an opportunity to be a little bit more outrageous in a lot of ways, and be a little politically incoherent. I totally understand the Lady Gaga thing. It’s just amazing to me that more guys haven’t jumped in and done big productions."

Here's the full interview

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8448557/alice-cooper-interview-lady-gaga-paranormal-evening-tour 

cool

Luxe Ford

He said the same thing years ago. I think he's a Lttle Geriatric Monster.

And of course the whole "create a sepatate persona" thing is similar. Gaga is prettier though.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Quartz

In Joanne, that line was blurred though. Gaga and Stefani was molded into one. That might explain the disconnect that some fans experienced from the 'art' that is Gaga and the sincerity that is Joanne. 

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

joemayzzin

talent stanning talent, always loved his songs "poison" and "schools out"

gotta appreciate the love from people who have been in the industry for as long as he has :wub:

PunkTheFunk

I love her. Anderson Cooper's sister better stan :applause:  

LeJudas

He's right though. Most girls have amazing shows.

And guys just stand around stage and barely sing if they sing at all. 

Except some like Bruno who can match the girls showmanship

River

He's correct, while the girls pushing the boundaries and get sh-t for it, the guys doing nothing, singing generic songs and get praised like they are the new MJs..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bebe

Love how he lowkey stans her. Literally became a Gaga stan after her 2009 VMA performance because she reminded me of a bizarre blend of a Britney-esque popstar and an Alice Cooper-esque rockstar. Got so many Alice Cooper vibes from that performance.

I mean:

e42fa35169acec8520cd0276d3ccbf3e.jpg
1521070764-937001.jpg
She-Literally-Bled-Stage-During-Her-2009

(Also I know Britney was dressing in a re-imagined Madonna look in that picture - but I put Britney because Gaga had already grabbed my attention by appropriating Britney's iconic Toxic look in order to communicate and represent herself as a dirty, grimy, New York "underground" alternative popstar in LoveGame)

6d3af4067b26dbc595eb421c_2.jpg
jAjAB9LkoPyl.jpg

dit

He is so right about the gender thing. Male artists have become so safe. At least the mainstream ones. Male artists used to be so outrageous and grandiose in the olden days and now most are mellow and simple. 

Antoni
2 minutes ago, dit said:

He is so right about the gender thing. Male artists have become so safe. At least the mainstream ones. Male artists used to be so outrageous and grandiose in the olden days and now most are mellow and simple. 

Part of me thinks this is because the same people who looked to bands like KISS as rockstars now discriminate against any man who wears makeup as being gay. Straight men are less and less interested in theatrics and more interested in "being a man."

My name isn't Timmers

dit
7 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Part of me thinks this is because the same people who looked to bands like KISS as rockstars now discriminate against any man who wears makeup as being gay. Straight men are less and less interested in theatrics and more interested in "being a man."

Exactly. Hyper masculinity sort of ruined the male artist, sadly.

ryanripley

i've been saying for a while, why do we not have another bowie if times are meant to be more progressive but men have just gotten more boring tbh

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

derpmonster
4 hours ago, Luxe Ford said:

And of course the whole "create a sepatate persona" thing is similar.

I really don't think Gaga "created a separate persona." She has always believed in embodying all that she represents. She is Gaga and she is Stefani. And she has always been both. She's a hybrid. I highly, highly doubt she goes and thinks, "Oh, what would Gaga say/write/make?" and then do that. She does what comes to her.

4 hours ago, hellothing said:

In Joanne, that line was blurred though. Gaga and Stefani was molded into one. That might explain the disconnect that some fans experienced from the 'art' that is Gaga and the sincerity that is Joanne. 

Not in my understanding. Gaga is still Gaga and this was, in fact, one of the things she was talking about in that pre-Joanne interview. The name Gaga has become more than just her--it's become what people want her to be and expect her to be. This doesn't mean Gaga is a character.

If you listen to her interviews in Born This Way, she talked about how it was all about her New York roots (which is far more Stefani than a country inspired album would be).

Gaga is still the same artist and isn't trying to snuggle into a persona. The persona is the artist and she's just doing what she does and has always done--make diverse kinds of music. Fans, however, have been projecting on to her what is and isn't Gaga.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived