💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga‘s German dubbing actress voice

NintendoMONSTER

Featured Posts

Lona Delery

Yep I dont like it as well. German dubs are usually quite good - if they choose the right voice actors

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Understandable. I just think that dubs sometimes get really cringey and miss the point. I come from a country where English isn't the first language and it wasn't mine either. When I was younger, I loved dubs but then I started like subtitled movies more. They remain true to the intent. And I also realize that some people's experiences can be different from mine, so I apologize for my rudeness in the previous post. :)

Edit: I come from a privileged background now that I think of it. The majority of people in my country don't even have access to good English education. Dubs are definitely necessary. I guess it's important to make good dubs then.

In my country watching movies with subtitles was not a thing for a long time so I would watch dubbed versions. When I started to be really interested in movies, I decided to only watch them with subtitles and not the dubbed version. Now when I see a dubbed version I cringe so hard. It's so obvious that it's not natural at all. Fortunately these past years they made the subtitled versions more accessible, I hope we get rid of the dubbed versions in the years to come.

I don't think it has anything to do with English education though, you just have to be able to read in your own language. You can watch movies in any language and it's not a problem.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

bpmMonkey

Her dubbing is so awful in AHS.. I don’t like german dubs in general and I really don’t have to go through all this trouble since I’m living in Berlin and there are enough theaters that show English movies without subtitles, so that’s that :bye:

SwissMonster
53 minutes ago, NintendoMONSTER said:

I‘m kinda worried about Lady Gaga‘s German dubbing actress voice for ASIB...

Has anyone watched AHS in German? Her German voice was TERRIBLE!!!! Her dubbing actress had a very high pitched voice and is totally different to Gaga‘s real voice.  It really bothers me... :interestinga:

I really hope she gets a different dubbing actress! Whar are you‘re thoughts? 

Very little example:

Just watch it in English. Every movie theater in Germany has English sessions (even with german subtitles if you don’t speak English that well).

Since I turned 16 I watch everything only in English. I realised it’s much better then german (apart from the really complicated movies) + You learn english so fast. You begin with subtitles and at oben point you realise you don’t need them at all :staymad: I bet you learn better english with Movies, Netflix or even English Youtuber then in School.

(BUT I have to say that German dubs are one of the best)

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, Oriane said:

In my country watching movies with subtitles was not a thing for a long time so I would watch dubbed versions. When I started to be really interested in movies, I decided to only watch them with subtitles and not the dubbed version. Now when I see a dubbed version I cringe so hard. It's so obvious that it's not natural at all. Fortunately these past years they made the subtitled versions more accessible, I hope we get rid of the dubbed versions in the years to come.

I don't think it has anything to do with English education though, you just have to be able to read in your own language. You can watch movies in any language and it's not a problem.

That's true. I think English education can help somewhat though to make it more enjoyable. I did know English so I could sometimes follow the subtitles and not have to look. And I read subtitles in English for the English movie because I knew English but it was hard for me to follow American accented English that fast. Americans don't realize sometimes that their English is not at all neutral. :)

For a non-English speaking person, you have to read much more, so it can be distracting I guess. Movies sometimes have important visual scenes that need acute attention.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

SwissMonster
4 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

Her dubbing is so awful in AHS.. I don’t like german dubs in general and I really don’t have to go through all this trouble since I’m living in Berlin and there are enough theaters that show English movies without subtitles, so that’s that :bye:

You already heard French dubs ? :ladyhaha: You will love german dubs after that believe me :saladga:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Oriane
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

That's true. I think English education can help somewhat though to make it more enjoyable. I did know English so I could sometimes follow the subtitles and not have to look. And I read subtitles in English for the English movie because I knew English but it was hard for me to follow American accented English that fast. Americans don't realize sometimes that their English is not at all neutral. :)

For a non-English speaking person, you have to read much more, so it can be distracting I guess. Movies sometimes have important visual scenes that need acute attention.

Yes, knowing the language is a plus but it's not necessary. After a while you get used to reading the subtitles so even for a language you don't know at all, you read them very quickly.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

10 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

Gibt es die Möglichkeit, Filme im O-Ton zu sehen, in der Regel bereits ab dem Start oder müsste man später schauen, ob das irgendwo angeboten wird?

Ich möchte ASIB unbedingt zuhause in Berlin im O-Ton schauen. :toofunny:

(I hope you’re speaking German :sweat:)

derpmonster
1 minute ago, ComeToDaddy said:

Gibt es die Möglichkeit, Filme im O-Ton zu sehen, in der Regel bereits ab dem Start oder müsste man später schauen, ob das irgendwo angeboten wird?

Ich möchte ASIB unbedingt zuhause in Berlin im O-Ton schauen. :toofunny:

(I hope you’re speaking German :sweat:)

Ich schleiban äuste be clair

Es kumpent madre monstere :giggle:

LGMonster95

That's why i like to see movies in their original languages, I'll be like so pissed if i had to hear someone talking over Gaga like bitch I wanna hear Gaga not you

ryanripley

does anybody here use subtitles even in their native language? i always have english subtitles on everything i watch even though i am english lmao

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

derpmonster
45 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

does anybody here use subtitles even in their native language? i always have english subtitles on everything i watch even though i am english lmao

Yes! Scroll up. It looks like many people use subtitles.

I use English subtitles (even though I'm bilingual - and bisexual but that's irrelevant - with English being one of my native languages because fast-paced language can sometimes be hard to follow + actors don't always use "conversational" styles of speaking as you would in real life + accents (Americans I'm talking to you, yes you have an accent. English people you too).

Spoiler

I have picked up this weird habit of using "+" as a conjunction from our queen Googi which she uses cause tweets have character limits :toofunny:

Spoiler

Also :O@ryanripley I always imagined you as an American and read your posts in an American accented voice.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

and bisexual but that's irrelevant

200w.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived