💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga‘s German dubbing actress voice

NintendoMONSTER

Featured Posts

NintendoMONSTER

I‘m kinda worried about Lady Gaga‘s German dubbing actress voice for ASIB...

Has anyone watched AHS in German? Her German voice was TERRIBLE!!!! Her dubbing actress had a very high pitched voice and is totally different to Gaga‘s real voice.  It really bothers me... :interestinga:

I really hope she gets a different dubbing actress! Whar are you‘re thoughts? 

Very little example:

EDIT: I have no problem with dubs and I always watch stuff in English, but the cinema in my city doesn’t show movies with the original sound. The thing I‘m complaining about is this terrible voice! I want a different dubbing actress...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Sounds like the village enchantress :duck: Like you know when you have the mysterious woman in a hut that can read your fortunes with ridiculous accuracy and if you do anything bad to her it’ll be returned tenfold? It reminded me of that :laughga: 

Ryusei

NNNNN but I have noticed that german dubbing voices for females are often a lot more high-pitched than the original voices. 

When I first heard scarlett johansson's original voice for example I was shocked at how low it was because I only ever heard her dubbed

Musery

tomsches

That's why I generally only watch movies and series in their original language. I can't stand dubs in any language, but yeah german ones are especially cringey 

derpmonster

Dubbing shouldn't be a thing. Subtitles are there if you don't speak English. Great way to learn English too. :golfclap:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

VOLANTIS

Just from the video you shared, I love this voice. It eerily does sound like Gaga too. I mean it's better than John's voice. :emma:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Giorno Giovanna
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Dubbing shouldn't be a thing. Subtitles are there if you don't speak English. Great way to learn English too. :golfclap:

the thing is, some people want to enjoy a movie without having to think, and having to read subtitles while also following the video can be quite messy at times, i know it from experience since i watch a lot of anime with subtitles, personally i still enjoy it but often especially action scenes can be messy so i have to pause a moment to actually read what has been said and then continue because everything happens so fast.

with a dub in your own language it can thus be far more relaxing and make it more pleasureable watching a show or movie

and by the way, i think a majority of german dubs are quite amazing, though Gaga's dub voice in AHS is just plain wrong, maybe cause I'm used to her real voice, for example Kathy Baits dub voice sounds fitting and natural to my ears

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Hallonkola

I hate dubbing, can't stand it. I never have a problem reading and watching at the same time, it doesn't matter if I know the language or not. I'm really lucky Sweden doesn't dub movies unless it's a children's movie. I'll pray for you guys :pray:

Oriane

Why would you only enjoy half of Gaga's acting ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

LynpheaStar

Yea the dubbing bothers me as well. Luckily there are enough cinemas here in Berlin that show movies with their original sound 

derpmonster
20 minutes ago, ToughHooker said:

the thing is, some people want to enjoy a movie without having to think, and having to read subtitles while also following the video can be quite messy at times, i know it from experience since i watch a lot of anime with subtitles, personally i still enjoy it but often especially action scenes can be messy so i have to pause a moment to actually read what has been said and then continue because everything happens so fast.

with a dub in your own language it can thus be far more relaxing and make it more pleasureable watching a show or movie

and by the way, i think a majority of german dubs are quite amazing, though Gaga's dub voice in AHS is just plain wrong, maybe cause I'm used to her real voice, for example Kathy Baits dub voice sounds fitting and natural to my ears

Understandable. I just think that dubs sometimes get really cringey and miss the point. I come from a country where English isn't the first language and it wasn't mine either. When I was younger, I loved dubs but then I started like subtitled movies more. They remain true to the intent. And I also realize that some people's experiences can be different from mine, so I apologize for my rudeness in the previous post. :)

Edit: I come from a privileged background now that I think of it. The majority of people in my country don't even have access to good English education. Dubs are definitely necessary. I guess it's important to make good dubs then.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived