💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Is Your Interpretation Of This Lyric? (10)

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

"Religion of the insecure" = the prevailing faith/traditions in society that shuts out anyone who is different from the norm. People who follow it are so insecure of themselves and fear change so much that they're willing to step on/silence anyone who doesn't fit their worldview. 

"Youth" = my innocence, my immaturity, etc. The "religion of the insecure" doesn't respect the quality of being youthful because it is at that age when you begin to question authority. So if I respect my youth, I am saying that I am ready and open to question the world around me and call out anything that is wrong.

So Gaga is saying, even though I live in a very insecure society with strict norms, I have to make sure I stay true to who I am no matter what, and respect and nurture my own capacity to learn more about the world and question it.

*religion of the insecure* 

Speaks on religions that don’t accept or appears apprehensive of a different social norms. 

*respect my youth*

Continue to be who you are no matter what religion or others may think of you. 

Space Cowboy
25 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

"Religion of the insecure" = the prevailing faith/traditions in society that shuts out anyone who is different from the norm. People who follow it are so insecure of themselves and fear change so much that they're willing to step on/silence anyone who doesn't fit their worldview. 

"Youth" = my innocence, my immaturity, etc. The "religion of the insecure" doesn't respect the quality of being youthful because it is at that age when you begin to question authority. So if I respect my youth, I am saying that I am ready and open to question the world around me and call out anything that is wrong.

So Gaga is saying, even though I live in a very insecure society with strict norms, I have to make sure I stay true to who I am no matter what, and respect and nurture my own capacity to learn more about the world and question it.

/thread

Archived