💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would you be uncomfortable if Gaga collaborated with Taylor?

BlackLight

Featured Posts

BlackLight
Posted (edited)

It was kind of brought up in another topic, interestingly, how Taylor has become exactly like Kanye: she swipes the microphone away from women often now just like what was done to her by Kanye in the beginning of her career. And it really got me thinking about whether people realize how screwed up this is. 

But this is a Gaga site. And I have to say…one reason I think people talk about Taylor so much on here is because at one point, (even though Tay’s fans like

to deny it), Gaga had the industry in a chokehold and was who everyone looked to at one point. 

But morally, I just don’t feel like Taylor and Gaga mesh. I get that Gaga is on her nurtec campaign and might seem a little out of touch, but I don’t think she is as compromised as other artists and I think unlike Taylor, she has her limits to shameless success. 

So it begs the question, knowing that Taylor is a Gaga fan, do you think Gaga would work with Taylor if Taylor asked her to? 

do you think maybe Gaga has turned her down before? 

I have always got the sense that Gaga has kind of looked at Taylor like a child. In the nicest ways possible, Gaga has brushed off Taylor as more or less a nice girl but not someone in her artistic stratosphere.

now that Taylor has reached the pinnacle of the social ladder, do you think Gaga would change her tune? (No pun, but maybe pun, intended.) 

Or is Gaga still kind of, a little bit, above all of this? 

Edited by BlackLight
Artist from NYC.
  • LMAO 1

• BlackLight changed the title to Would you be uncomfortable if Gaga collaborated with Taylor?
River

nah, it's most likely that I will like it. I dislike Taylor, but if a song is nice, I'll listen, like blank space is part of my playlist :laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

Ziggy

She’s welcome to but I agree with you I don’t think they really mesh lol like I think Gaga justifies a lot of things to herself so it’s always in-line with a certain kind of morality. Taylor doesn’t seem the same way(?) 

if a song’s good it’s good, though idk what Taylor swift would bring that Gaga couldn’t, you know? She’s a decent songwriter but not really in ways that Gaga looks to in her work. And she wouldn’t need her as a vocalist nor do I think Taylor would accept being ran circles around bc even when Gaga was doing those backup vocals a few years back she was fully yelling and riffing. Gaga is not a generous singing partner she’s aggressive and wants someone to be aggressive with her :laughga: that is not Ms girl’s bag. Telephone, for instance, works, bc Beyoncé is *also not a generous singing partner hahaha so it’s a match in heaven, really. But like I said if it’s good it’s good and I’d listen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

misha4ever

Both are full capitalist princesses but collaborating with the McDonald's version of music would be too much, IMO.

english is not my native language >.<
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

Bonkers

Besides the music charts, there is another way Taylor has done much better than Gaga.  Better than anyone I've ever seen.

Taylor isn't falling apart under the fame and success.  She's not cracking under the pressure.  It's really quite amazing and I think that might something that attracts Gaga to work with her more than anything else.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Thanks 3

RAMROD

No.

Gaga is the type of artist who collab for a purpose than trend. That's how her collabs in past albums happened. So if these two girlies find their paths aligned, and especially for a Gaga project, I know for sure it's for a good reason. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 3

GagaGame

Short answer: Yes

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

POPANEINONEONE
Posted (edited)

Yesn't

Edited by POPANEINONEONE
YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL. NOR WILL HE EVER BE! NOW TRIM MY BANGS YOU WORTHLESS S**T!
  • LMAO 1

Madame Goo Goo

Okay so Kanye West is literally a misogynist and Nazi sympathizer so I stopped reading when you said she has become exactly like him 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Thanks 3

DrKindnessKunt1999

I’m trying to imagine how the song would sound like. Maybe a ballad? I don’t think that their voices would mesh because of the reasons that everyone else mentioned already. 

olive specter
1 hour ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Okay so Kanye West is literally a misogynist and Nazi sympathizer so I stopped reading when you said she has become exactly like him 

it's not that hard to understand "exactly like kanye" means kanye in 2009 at the vma, not kanye today hating on jews lol

• Like 2

Red

You are asking this question in a forum where people begged Gaga to collaborate with Azealia Banks. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 6

Anderson123

They're both great songwriters and masterminds that it's hard to imagine what it'd sound like, maybe a ballad I guess but it's not something I'm looking forward to or even care to think about.

Debithius
2 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Then your reading comprehension is debatable if that's what you're getting out of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Madame Goo Goo
25 minutes ago, olive specter said:

it's not that hard to understand "exactly like kanye" means kanye in 2009 at the vma, not kanye today hating on jews lol

Then how is that exact…

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

• PartySick locked this topic