Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is wasting her career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Haralampos

How she's wasting it? She is full of projects all the time. After all she's human, she can't be in front of the lights all the time. She was working non-stop and her body collapsed, know one was there to stop her, money was more important than her. She just did what others wanted and she did not wanted to disappoint anyone, and that led her being put aside.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloodyjack
5 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea. When Gaga first broke into the scene in 2008, she was still in her early 20's. She was 22 I believe? And now she is already 32. Every year she gets older, and if she continues to make music we probably will only get 2-3 more album cycles until she is...40. Wow. It feels like she is already at the end of her career as a "pop star". If she wants to go in a different direction then she should go for it, but it's sad knowing that we might only get 1-2 more pop albums from her before she quits pop music...

Gaga is a unique case for pop stars because after her 4th album she quit music and did jazz/acting/tributes, and now it feels like she is going more heavily into the acting realm. Meanwhile, most pop stars start early at around 20, then push out maybe 7-9 pop albums before they reach the age 40. I just feel like the GP will lose interest as Gaga gets older (as they do for almost every pop star) and that Gaga kinda is "wasting" the limited time she has as a pop star to do jazz, acting, etc. like she could do it when she is 40, ya know? But instead she started to do jazz in her 30's and basically abandoned her pop star persona for a good amount of the past 3 years. 

In the end she should do whatever she wants but... I just wish she focused more on pop because there will be a time soon that she will be too old to get the interest of the public, and eventually the new "crazy pop princess" will step into the scene... and I feel like she is wasting the time left by not focusing on soemthing that she is INSANELY good at & known for: pop music. 

"every year she gets older" no **** Sherlock lol

I know what you mean to some extent. Like she has spent a lot of years in her 20's that could of been commercial years for her. As we all know pop music and pop radio in general is really ageist and the more she ages the more difficult it is to have a hit and with Gaga not having a proper radio or streaming hit in ages it just means things will get more and more difficult. The jazz and Joanne era also aged her a lot to the GP. A lot of ppl think she is in her late 30s already..HOWEVER where I have to disagree with you is that it is not Gaga that is wasting those years...it's just circumstances. Gaga needed to rebrand after ARTPOP and she couldn't just go back to experimental pop or even commercial pop tbh... she needed to go the adult contemporary way for a bit...plus it was also healing for her because the ARTPOP media backlash was massive and must have hurt her a lot. So it's not that she is purposely wasting those vital years of commercial potential it's just that she needed to go that route in order to have a healthy long lasting career. I know it is frustrating as pop fans...we want Gaga to have big chart success when it comes to her songs but Gaga just isnt that kind of artist anymore. We should look at awards and general album/touring stats when it comes to Gaga from now on as singles success will only get more and more difficult the more years she goes by without a big streaming or radio hit and the more she ages. 

This is all kinds of messed up :saladga:

She's not that old! P!nk has gone longer breaks than her and she's doing fine. She doesn't need to be the current "greatest thing", as long as she's happy, I'm fine. We aren't her managers, and she's not going to be the same as she was at 22-24. 

Also, I know it's not common, but people still sometimes have hits into their late 30s and even 40. Look at Sia. 

5 hours ago, Mr Peeps said:

Why do these kind of threads always happen when Gaga goes quiet :saladga:

Because we need the drama in our boring and pointless lives.

JudasIsAHolyFoo
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Stopped reading after this. Sorry, but I call bullshit. Her age has nothing to do with her career. I doubt we've even seen half of what she's got in her. 

Exactly. How old is Madonna? Last I remember she’s still making pop music 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

BROSEIDON

Everyone on this site is gonna drag you but to a certain extent I can understand what you mean. She takes quite awhile in between albums. And if you take cheek to cheek out of equation the gap gets bigger and bigger with each album. But other artists have done the same.

For comaparison:

Beyoncé is 36 and has only released 6 solo albums in 15 years (first release: Dangerously In Love in 2003)

Britney Spears is also 36 and has only released 9 albums in 19years. (first release: Baby One More Time in 1999)

Gaga has 6 albums, 5 solo in 10 years. She’s doing fine when you sit back and take all things into consideration. 

Lord Temptation

Oh hunty. None of us are gettin’ any younga. Mom works harda than anyone else in pop and you know it :excuseu: Enjoy what she gives, stop demanding more and quit freakin’ the fleek out geez :interestinga:

Cavadour
6 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Gaga kinda is "wasting" the limited time she has as a pop star to do jazz, acting, etc.

What a one-eyed point of view and a kind of selfish way to box somebody in ! You can't expect from a multi-talented artist to narrow creativity down to a single expression. Nor to develop gifts one after the other in a single timeline. That's not the way it works. There's a balance to preserve in this case. Usually the best way is to move along, cultivate these gifts at roughly the same pace in an open and interactive state of mind.  

People like this are commonly seen as 'dabbling in everything' or 'wasting time'. To make a living as a multi-job person is also often labelled as amateurish and rarely taken seriously. Behavioural psycholy is just beginning to work on integration problems of gifted childrens in the more and more specialized world we live in.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Rudz Xinc

If she can't promote properly because of her health, I wished she'd just release album every year, so we can enjoy her music, since she got plenty of materials to make at least 5 albums.

It's kinda sad, we only have 5 albums in 10 years of her career

Rihanna was releasing album every year

Look at those clowns

Hallonkola
2 hours ago, BROSEIDON said:

Everyone on this site is gonna drag you but to a certain extent I can understand what you mean. She takes quite awhile in between albums. And if you take cheek to cheek out of equation the gap gets bigger and bigger with each album. But other artists have done the same.

For comaparison:

Beyoncé is 36 and has only released 6 solo albums in 15 years (first release: Dangerously In Love in 2003)

Britney Spears is also 36 and has only released 9 albums in 19years. (first release: Baby One More Time in 1999)

Gaga has 6 albums, 5 solo in 10 years. She’s doing fine when you sit back and take all things into consideration. 

Wuuut Britney is 36?! I thought she was like 46.. I'm shocked :emma:

nswain1110

Gaga is not anyone’s personal little pop puppet to control. I support her regardless of what she wants to do or decides to share with the world. Her art is a gift, not something owed to you or anyone else. If she decides not to share her art for a while, totally her choice. When she does decide to share it again, awesome, I’m here for it. I don’t care if she’s topping the charts or conforming to your ideals of what makes a “perfect” pop star - I believe in her humanity and her art. She enriches my life with it and that’s what matters. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Archived