💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mother of H&M kid : "Get over it!"

OBEY

Featured Posts

Pray4FameGa
1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

I wonder if people here would accept a gay person saying get over straight people saying fagg0t, something weirdly tells me they wouldn't

The word ******* is used exclusively as a term to degrade and insult gays.

The word monkey has no such exclusive use to describe people of colour, and is far more commonly used in a playful way to describe childlike immaturity; the exact context of its use in the H&M ad. :trollga:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WeDontStop
2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

I wonder if people here would accept a gay person saying get over straight people saying fagg0t, something weirdly tells me they wouldn't

i actually kind of don't get it, i'm gay by the way, but why can't straight people say it? i hear straights say it all the time and i'm not really offended, i think it's quite funny - i love to say it with all my friends. ive learned to have thick skin, but DoWhatUWant.mp3.

i got the boys in dubai

4 hours ago, lego said:

Sorry about going off topic, but you support Trump and you defended his actions and views here with passion, so I don’t think you care about any sort of activism and social justice. You just want to shut people up. 

Supporting Trump and defending his actions and views with passion is a quite a reach to be honest :laughga:

There are many things Trump has done that I've called out

2 hours ago, LM said:

The link you posted here leads us to a site that reports the results of a study but it's not the study itself. You can use your 3 second Google search and search the difference:trollga:

And yes, I tried to find the study but I didn't and I'm not gonna spend 1 hour looking for a study that asked like 500 people some questions and from that made a title "Millenials are as racist as their parents". What does it even say? Is that good? Is it bad? How much racist were their parents?  

So before you try to make me look like an ignorant you better make sure you won't look like a dumb

Are you joking? This article does not "report the results of a study," it is the study. "We took a look at five measures of racial prejudice from the General Social Survey conducted by NORC's 2010, 2012 and 2014 waves. Among many other questions, the survey asked respondents to rate whites and blacks on a scale from being "hardworking" to "lazy." Using this data, we can categorize respondents into whether they rated whites or blacks as being lazier, more hardworking or the same." You clearly didn't read past the headline as it answered all of your questions, provided links to source data, and clearly detailed the methodology (like, you know, any study). The results are even in nice little graphs so you don't have to read too many words (not that you got that far). I don't need to try to "make you look like an ignorant," you're doing a perfectly fine job on your own.

YeehawKylie

Honestly, ICE is raiding 7/11’s across the eastern seaboard of the US and Trump just called non-white countries sh*tholes. The US federal government is waging a war on legal and illegal immigration. If only the amount of effort and activism that went into a sweater went into pressuring our politicians to renew DACA and pressure DHS to renew temporary stay too Salvadoran immigrants and to stop ICE from raiding and harassing businesses. So frustrating to see a sweater get more attention than dangerous government action that threatens hundreds of thousands of individuals.

3 hours ago, illbekind said:

We obviously have different views on the world and you are interpreting one way and myself another.

I totally understand why this can be perceived as racist and why H&M should apologise. So please don’t accuse me of being naive or uneducated when it comes to this. What I don’t understand is the massive offence that some people are taking. That is what this argument is about. 

The word is a homonym - you and so many others are the people making the conscious choice to read into it in a way that was clearly never intended. What this does is actually fight against the one thing we clearly both agree on - that there is still a long way to go in regards to racial discrimination.  This is shown in the way you “don’t give a ****” what they do to resolve this. If you don’t give a **** what they do, why would they or anyone give a **** how you feel about it? The world doesn’t owe you or anyone of any race or skin colour anything until the individual is personally responsible for racism that they have commited. Racism is not a social construct of society anymore and there are laws protecting people from it. Due to this H&M have apologised. Why is that not enough for you? Why are you so tarnished and holding such a pessimistic view? Of course it doesn’t mean racism does not exist and nobody is denying that here. This matters to a lot of people including myself, regardless of my skin colour - which to this point you still have no idea what it is - and instead of discussing about the actual issue at hand yourself and so many others are turning on those who care and aren’t arguing against whether this is racist or not but instead acknowledging it is but perhaps we can accept when people or companies make these mistakes and move on. Let’s all work together so that one day when we read the term monkey we don’t associate it with POC  

You want people to not care what black people do with their money? Hun, I could give a ****. You are the one painting a skin colour on this. You are acting like the only people who could be offended by this are black people. Just like you chose to view the sweaters text as a racist term and not what it is clearly implying about any child’s behaviour, black, white, Asian, who cares?

You need to stop working against those who want to help. I would never stand by and let blatant racism slide. Sometimes it feels like a certain group will victimise themselves and not accept that there are people who might share the same views of you that don’t necessary share the same skin colour. 

I didn't accuse you of being naive or uneducated about the sweater. I said you live in a bubble if you don't believe black people are called monkeys to this day (which is not an interpretation by the way, it's a statement of fact), which you still haven't admitted you were wrong about.

Please explain how not caring what a giant corporation does in their PR campaigns "fights against" racial progress. I'd be really interested to see how you leap to that one. I'm sure H&M doesn't give a **** how I feel about it, but they certainly care how much money they make, hence the boycott.

When tf did I imply anyone owed me anything? What kind of projection. You're the one in here telling people how they should feel, and how they should spend their money when it's none of your business. I said I don't care what H&M does. Somehow that means they owe me? If you think "I don't care" equates to "you owe me," then you have a serious entitlement issue. Just like you feel entitled to people caring about your opinion on this sweater and on the boycott, you feel that H&M is entitled to black people's money, and the second anyone says "you're not and they're not," then we're the ones asking for something? No. Black people don't need yours or H&M's permission to not shop there. They don't need permission to not give a ****. The fact that you would even consider NOT shopping somewhere the same as asking for something is just astounding and high-key plays right into the racist trope of black people looking for handouts (same with your "victimise themselves" comment).

Nothing I've said implies that black people are the only ones offended, but they happen to be the group most impacted by the anti-black racism displayed in the ad, and the group leading the boycott, so yeah I'm going to talk about them in my post. Nor does anything I said imply that people of different skin colors can't have the same opinions, that's a ridiculous strawman. I don't work against those who help, but the difference between wanting to help and actually helping are immense. What are you doing to help, again? Telling black people not to be offended so easily and to blindly support international corporations? Got it.

illbekind
1 hour ago, rpggal said:

I didn't accuse you of being naive or uneducated about the sweater. I said you live in a bubble if you don't believe black people are called monkeys to this day (which is not an interpretation by the way, it's a statement of fact), which you still haven't admitted you were wrong about.

Please explain how not caring what a giant corporation does in their PR campaigns "fights against" racial progress. I'd be really interested to see how you leap to that one. I'm sure H&M doesn't give a **** how I feel about it, but they certainly care how much money they make, hence the boycott.

When tf did I imply anyone owed me anything? What kind of projection. You're the one in here telling people how they should feel, and how they should spend their money when it's none of your business. I said I don't care what H&M does. Somehow that means they owe me? If you think "I don't care" equates to "you owe me," then you have a serious entitlement issue. Just like you feel entitled to people caring about your opinion on this sweater and on the boycott, you feel that H&M is entitled to black people's money, and the second anyone says "you're not and they're not," then we're the ones asking for something? No. Black people don't need yours or H&M's permission to not shop there. They don't need permission to not give a ****. The fact that you would even consider NOT shopping somewhere the same as asking for something is just astounding and high-key plays right into the racist trope of black people looking for handouts (same with your "victimise themselves" comment).

Nothing I've said implies that black people are the only ones offended, but they happen to be the group most impacted by the anti-black racism displayed in the ad, and the group leading the boycott, so yeah I'm going to talk about them in my post. Nor does anything I said imply that people of different skin colors can't have the same opinions, that's a ridiculous strawman. I don't work against those who help, but the difference between wanting to help and actually helping are immense. What are you doing to help, again? Telling black people not to be offended so easily and to blindly support international corporations? Got it.

To clarify I didn’t ignore that black people were still called monkeys. But it’s hardly used as much as it used to be was all I said. 

Now, I’m helping by doing what many others are doing and saying it’s not okay what happened. I don’t know what else you expect me to do. To be clear, again, if you didn’t catch it the first time - I don’t care how you or anyone spends their money. I appreciate what you’re saying but the implication that I would equate entitlement to handouts is just ridiculous. I’m just wondering why you and so many others are just so angry about this. The anger and rage is pushing your argument further away from what your message is. If you had to simplify what you and I are both saying I’m sure they would be very similar and I completely respect your opinion. I’m just trying to express mine. Feel what you want or spend your money how you like, I’m sorry if it came across that I was telling you to do otherwise.

30 minutes ago, illbekind said:

To clarify I didn’t ignore that black people were still called monkeys. But it’s hardly used as much as it used to be was all I said. 

Now, I’m helping by doing what many others are doing and saying it’s not okay what happened. I don’t know what else you expect me to do. To be clear, again, if you didn’t catch it the first time - I don’t care how you or anyone spends their money. I appreciate what you’re saying but the implication that I would equate entitlement to handouts is just ridiculous. I’m just wondering why you and so many others are just so angry about this. The anger and rage is pushing your argument further away from what your message is. If you had to simplify what you and I are both saying I’m sure they would be very similar and I completely respect your opinion. I’m just trying to express mine. Feel what you want or spend your money how you like, I’m sorry if it came across that I was telling you to do otherwise.

The original post I quoted you in you said that "NOBODY" (in caps) uses the term anymore, and that it's "not a thing." You then back-pedaled and said it's not used as much, which is not relevant because it's use as a slur is still widely known, which contradicts the whole point of your first post (that it couldn't possibly be offensive because that word isn't used that way anymore).

I heard you say you don't care how anybody spends their money. But your words are contradicted by your actions of coming onto this forum and trying to argue with people that somehow boycotting H&M gets in the way of racial progress. Why would you waste your time doing that if you didn't care where people spent their money? And if you do believe it gets in the way of racial progress (somehow), and you claim to care about racism, then isn't it more consistent with your point to admit that you do care where they spend their money, and that you're paternalistically doing this "for their own good" (which would still be hella problematic but at least logically consistent)? You say that my anger gets in the way of my message, but you're the one contradicting yourself left and right. "Why boycott H&M, why isn't their apology good enough for you, what do you want from them, why won't you just be a good little capitalist and forgive the major corporation...but I don't care how you spend your money." Come on.

I didn't say you would equate entitlement to handouts, I said they are part of the same racist trope (along with victimization) of characterizing black people as always wanting what doesn't rightfully belong to them, getting something for nothing, etc. You literally jumped from me saying "black people don't owe H&M their business" to "how entitled of them! H&M doesn't owe them anything!" as if their money and their business already rightfully belonged to H&M, and that to withhold their business was somehow an injustice to H&M. Maybe you don't realize it, but if your reaction to a black person not freely giving up something that THEY own is that THEY'RE entitled (and that you should go online and make sure they know how you feel about it!!!),  then 1) you're there one that's entitled, and 2) you might just be a little bit racist.

6 hours ago, rpggal said:

Are you joking? This article does not "report the results of a study," it is the study. "We took a look at five measures of racial prejudice from the General Social Survey conducted by NORC's 2010, 2012 and 2014 waves. Among many other questions, the survey asked respondents to rate whites and blacks on a scale from being "hardworking" to "lazy." Using this data, we can categorize respondents into whether they rated whites or blacks as being lazier, more hardworking or the same." You clearly didn't read past the headline as it answered all of your questions, provided links to source data, and clearly detailed the methodology (like, you know, any study). The results are even in nice little graphs so you don't have to read too many words (not that you got that far). I don't need to try to "make you look like an ignorant," you're doing a perfectly fine job on your own.

That’s what I meant, they didn’t use their own data. They just put them into graphs

I also like that you completely ignored the fact that the study is completely useless and the results are irrelevant

and I read the article, I just talked about the stupid headline. But you probably know better what I read or not:laughga: discussion with someone who makes up his own facts is useless. So bye, u can stay pressed about that hoodie:lana:

illbekind
5 hours ago, rpggal said:

The original post I quoted you in you said that "NOBODY" (in caps) uses the term anymore, and that it's "not a thing." You then back-pedaled and said it's not used as much, which is not relevant because it's use as a slur is still widely known, which contradicts the whole point of your first post (that it couldn't possibly be offensive because that word isn't used that way anymore).

I heard you say you don't care how anybody spends their money. But your words are contradicted by your actions of coming onto this forum and trying to argue with people that somehow boycotting H&M gets in the way of racial progress. Why would you waste your time doing that if you didn't care where people spent their money? And if you do believe it gets in the way of racial progress (somehow), and you claim to care about racism, then isn't it more consistent with your point to admit that you do care where they spend their money, and that you're paternalistically doing this "for their own good" (which would still be hella problematic but at least logically consistent)? You say that my anger gets in the way of my message, but you're the one contradicting yourself left and right. "Why boycott H&M, why isn't their apology good enough for you, what do you want from them, why won't you just be a good little capitalist and forgive the major corporation...but I don't care how you spend your money." Come on.

I didn't say you would equate entitlement to handouts, I said they are part of the same racist trope (along with victimization) of characterizing black people as always wanting what doesn't rightfully belong to them, getting something for nothing, etc. You literally jumped from me saying "black people don't owe H&M their business" to "how entitled of them! H&M doesn't owe them anything!" as if their money and their business already rightfully belonged to H&M, and that to withhold their business was somehow an injustice to H&M. Maybe you don't realize it, but if your reaction to a black person not freely giving up something that THEY own is that THEY'RE entitled (and that you should go online and make sure they know how you feel about it!!!),  then 1) you're there one that's entitled, and 2) you might just be a little bit racist.

I appreciate your post but you clearly don’t understand what I’m saying and are taking a very simplistic approach to it and therefore drawing way too many conclusions about me personally, when nothing I said had to do with my personally, just my views. So I’m going to stop this here in case it gets ugly. Good luck with your fight for justice. 

9 hours ago, FABian said:

Supporting Trump and defending his actions and views with passion is a quite a reach to be honest :laughga:

There are many things Trump has done that I've called out

FreePalestine

Americano
On 1/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, Bazaar said:

I do realize why everyone went angry about it. but on the one hand it’s just a hoodie and if a white model would’ve wear that no one would say a word.

But on the other hand if I were black maybe my thoughts would’ve been stronger about it and I would’ve get angry too, because I can understand why people got offended by that. 

So people just need to avoid that, especially clothing brands like H&M, tho I’m pretty sure it wasn’t on purpose and they didn’t try to insult anyone.

Obviously no one would say a word if it were a white model, because white people arent insultingly referenced as monkeys to insinuate they’re inferior or stupid. 

littlepotter
20 hours ago, Borislshere said:

I could live on g.o.a.t. For all it matters. My point still stands :ladyhaha:

no it does not. kids are called monkeys endearingly in many places in the world. 

chaeri pls

Borislshere
45 minutes ago, hunty said:

no it does not. kids are called monkeys endearingly in many places in the world. 

And so are black people in derogatory ways. Why is that so hard for y’all to understand especially when a BLACK person/people are telling y’all this?  If you weren’t offended, cool, good for you. 

littlepotter
1 minute ago, Borislshere said:

And so are black people in derogatory ways. Why is that so hard for y’all to understand especially when a BLACK person/people are telling y’all this?  If you weren’t offended, cool, good for you. 

bitch this thread is about the kid's mother telling people to stop being offended, you blind?

chaeri pls

Archived