other

Your Encounter With The GP About Gaga

C1trus

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

I have had a lot of reactions throughout the years. Usually, people still think she's talentless and her music is too mainsteam etc but some have respect for her. Also I live in France so maybe it's different in Europe and she has a better image in America.

But here are some reactions I had this year (it was in Hong Kong, I don't know if people have a different opinion of her here). I went to an open mic in a bar, so you can ask any song and they'll learn how to play it on the instruments and you can sing it. So the first time I came, I didn't prepare anything and I said I loved Lady Gaga and wanted to sing one of her songs. Some 50-something women told me they liked her and they liked her last song, Million Reasons, and they wanted me to sing it. So I asked it but the musicians didn't know how to play it. But when I mentioned Gaga, the guitarist said "she covered Lush Life, right ? Would you like to sing it ?". It was so wonderful. And then I did La Vie en Rose because I'm French and that's the only song everyone knows :ladyhaha:
The following week I came back and asked Sinner's Prayer two days before so that the musicians could learn it. When I arrived, the guitarist told me he loved this song and was glad I made him discover it, and was excited to play it. When I sang it, a lot of people in the room loved it and asked what it was. I even saw a guy singing it at the same time so I talked to him afterwards and he told me he liked her, he liked pop music in general and he loved the album Joanne. So I told him I was a fan of Gaga and he offered to play the guitar for Million Reasons for me to sing it.
Overall I didn't have any negative reactions at this open mic when I said I loved Gaga, people seemed to at least respect her.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Lady Adga

One day my sister told me that a friend of hers had told her that Lady Gaga was a gay-only artist. I got nervous when she asked me if it was true. :selena:

WildAmerican

I've told a few people that I went to her concert (JWT) and they freak out and say that they bet she'd put on a great show. (Hoes are correct) 

Other than that, If I'm "DJing" at a party or whatever, I usually throw in a Gaga song. People still get lit to Poker Face lol.

7 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

she shouldn't try to be Adele and go back to pop 

Your classmates know the tea.

iowa cyrus

I graduated earlier this year but in my Marketing class my teacher  would always turn on pandora. Low and behold every day, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Edge of Glory would play on the classroom speakers. I was like "is my teacher a hunty?" turns out she was a lesbian. HOORAY! :ladyhaha:

Also my mom and I watched the AMA's together this year and during commercial break the announcer said "next up, you don't want to miss this amazing performance by Lady Gaga" and my mom was like "oh really? hmm Lady Gaga hasn't put anything out lately, I guess some celebs just want their money and cars and go off to their mansons" I was like "LISTEN UP BINCH! Ms. Gaga did the superbowl, released Joanne, etc, etc.." She was like "sorry my bad"

Salvador Sequea

One time I was talking to my grandmother that she used to love a Tony Bennett song feat Romeo Santos (:awkney:).

I was like 'yeah you know Gaga has an album with Tony too'.

Then she replied 'well but Romeo has a song with him'.

And I said 'yeah but Gaga has like a Whole album, like several songs with Tony'.

Aware of her fail she shouted 'WELL STAY WITH YOUR **TCH GAGA'.

I won :classy: 

2 hours ago, New Compassion said:

Should have clapped back with, “Oh, is that why she has sold 100 million records worldwide? :lolga: Didn’t know fashion had the power to make people buy music.” 

The year was almost over and I'm really fake around teachers not the best idea to get on his bad side then :laughga:

8 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

It's been a long time since I've brought her up to anyone and gotten a negative response. Super Bowl, Cheek to Cheek, and Joanne went a long way in proving her chops to people who appreciate performance and music.

I second this

Make it stupid!

DiscoHeaven23

I pretty much hear: "She's such a talent", especially from older generations

Which is a change from 2010 when i heard "She's so weird" 

ApplauseftAdele

Mostly positive praise- people respect her, and my close friends think she is "iconic" or "omg I love her" but they don't stan or think too much of her. My other friends can bop to poker face and telephone when I play my "throwbacks" playlist which is really just an excuse to listen to Gaga :madge: 

I watched the Super Bowl with my straight friends and their reactions were :

•While she was descending one of my friends snickered but it DID look pretty funny

•During Just Dance my friend said to me "ur the black dude" (dancing around Gaga w the mic :diane:I almost got exposed as a Gaga Stan)

•When she did the backflip they were like "ohh they kept the strings"

•During million reasons my friend Alex said "wow how is she not out of breath" and "she's actually pretty good"

•months after the halftime show came up and one of them said "didn't she have like 20 costume changes"

•in general my friend HATED joanne and she still does (like she was like WTF eww at the vocals of Diamond Heart/Joanne) but we bop to Million reasons now

•I work at Pump it Up so sometimes I'll mix in some Gaga and my coworkers will either bop or just not aknowledge it 

•ONE time I was driving to the beach and I played Do what U want and they were like STOP PLAYING LADY GAGA WTF. I was offended but they liked trap and mumble rap so really any pop somg would have been turned off so I didn't take it too offensively

Andrea B

My mom cried when she saw her national anthem performance on tv.

My boyfriend respect her and likes her but he's not a fan.

one of my friends of uni asked me if she was bisexual but she's not a fan of her.

My aunt watched her SB performance and they said she's was like MJ, very talented and that her SB was the best(they also watched madonna, KP and beyonce's performance)

and that's it, all my friends in real life are gaga fans and I don't talk that much about gaga when i meet new people.

I live in mexico btw

vinster13
7 hours ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

I told him that everyone has their own music taste. I didn't really wanted to go further into it bc I was in love with him at that time :toofunny:

sis if he doesn’t like Gaga that’s a hard no, you just gotta get back up

Archived