💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

event

Alma announced as EBBA 2018 winner!

Lassex

Featured Posts

If you haven't heard about the Finnish pop sensation Alma before, now it's the time :classy:  By the way - I hardly ever post here anymore, so forgive me if this is the wrong section (or an irrelevant post in general :selena:).

03-alma-phases.jpg

"Alma is confirmed as a winner of a 2018 European Border Breakers Award (EBBA), the European music award for emerging artists who have seen outstanding success across Europe."

"The 21-year-old Finnish songwriter ALMA is known for her musical talent and songwriting. Debut song Karma is one of those instant pop gems that earned her two Finnish Grammys and comparisons to Rihanna, or 'the voice of Amy Winehouse with Crystal Castles' electronic pop'. She scores smash hit after smash hit (with German EDM-producer Felix Jaehn and recently American hip hop artist French Montana), is signed to Universal Music and made quite an impression at the BBC Radio 1 Future Festival and at Eurosonic 2017. She’s currently working on her debut album with the likes of MNEK, Rudimental, Gorgon City, Sub Focus, 2 Inch Punch and Charli XCX."

(https://www.europeanborderbreakersawards.eu/en/news/article/alma-announced-as-ebba-winner/)

Every year 10 new European artists will be awarded with an EBBA. One of them will also recieve a Public Choice Award (based on an online vote) during the award ceremony. Last year's winner was Dua Lipa. Next time the ceremony will take place on the 17th of January 2018, in Groningen.

Other announced winners of EBBA 2018 include Kristian Kostov (Bulgaria), Youngr (UK), Blanche (Belgium), Alice Merton (Germany), Sigrid (Norway), Skott (Sweden), Off Bloom (Denmark) and Salvador Sobral (Portugal).

Here's some Alma for you to enjoy! I would compare her to musicians such as Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, Camila Cabello, Charli XCX, Raye... Basically, It's electronic pop with an urban vibe.

The Fame Monster

Finally Finland has someone who has success outside the country. 

Find your freedom in the music

37 minutes ago, Mardy said:

But the question remains, does she have green or yellow hair.. :duck:

It's neon yellow! :gaycat:

13 minutes ago, The Fame Monster said:

I know right! There aren't really other Finnish pop artists with success all over the Europe. Some bands are popular though - like Nightwish and HIM. I'm so proud of Alma :diane:

3 minutes ago, poptrA said:

i hear alma for first time :selena:

Don't worry - she's not that popular (yet) :lolga: I hope you enjoyed!

DelusionalGaga
1 hour ago, The Fame Monster said:

Sunrise Avenue is shook :selena:

The Fame Monster

5 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Sunrise Avenue is shook :selena:

God damm it, I’ve forgotten everything

Find your freedom in the music

GagaEffect
2 hours ago, The Fame Monster said:

Nightwish and H.I.M are shook too

tumblr_mme7dyWTv41qzjr2jo7_250.gif

edit: wait nvm he already told you lol 

DelusionalGaga
5 minutes ago, YorkieCat said:

Noooo please don’t mention them :sharon:

They're basically the Finnish version of Nickelback :selena:

Archived