Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga Sets Latest Chart Record

Slovakialop

Featured Posts

Slovakialop

Another week, another milestone chart achievement for Lady Gaga.

The singer's "Bad Romance" sets the record for most weekly plays registered in the 17-year history of Billboard's Pop Songs radio airplay tally, as the cut logged 10,859 plays in the tracking week of Jan. 11-17, according to Nielsen BDS. Airing on all 130 reporters monitored for the chart, "Bad Romance" received an average of 84 plays per station last week, or one spin every two hours on each panelist.

"Bad Romance" reigns for a third week on Pop Songs, which, along with all our charts, will be refreshed Thursday on billboard.com.

Lady Gaga's smash passes the sum of 10,665 plays totaled by Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" on the chart dated May 17, 2008. Here is a look at the titles that have notched the highest weekly plays totals on Pop Songs, a list that includes two tracks by Lady Gaga:

Highest Weekly Plays Total, Song, Artist (Year)
10,859, "Bad Romance," Lady Gaga (2010)
10,665, "Bleeding Love," Leona Lewis (2008)
10,495, "So What," Pink (2008)
10,394, "Apologize," Timbaland featuring OneRepublic (2007)
10,379, "Poker Face," Lady Gaga (2009)

Two weeks ago, Lady Gaga became the first artist to send her first five singles to the Pop Songs summit when "Bad Romance" ascended to No. 1.

I just have found that and I am shocked about the radio power and charts success Gaga had few years ago. Hope next year she will be able to repeat it.:trollga::stalkga:

Can y'all imagine having been born in like 1901 or some other time and totally missing the ascent of Gaga to cultural dominance, like thanks be to whatever higher powers exist to place me in this time period. :diane: 

❤ x ❤

TheWitness
Just now, that juju said:

Can y'all imagine having been born in like 1901 or some other time and totally missing the ascent of Gaga to cultural dominance, like thanks be to whatever higher powers exist to place me in this time period. :diane: 

Imagine being born in 2002 and being to young to stan Gaga at her peak and only being around for the eras with very little chart slayage :madge:

Host Of Lyricasism

Arcanum
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Those were the days :giveup:

2008 and 2009 were massive in terms of music.

GOLDEN era.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

3 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

Imagine being born in 2002 and being to young to stan Gaga at her peak and only being around for the eras with very little chart slayage :madge:

that's kinda sucky too, tbh turning 18 shortly after The Fame dropped changed the entire course of the rest of my life, totally worth the experience and all that jazz but hey, you're at least still here for the party :selena: 

❤ x ❤

Doncho
14 minutes ago, that juju said:

Same is gonna happen 100 years from today, when a new pop star slays the chart and has amazing cultural impact :giveup:

Im glad I was born in the Gaga era anyway :firega:

Henri Bardot
45 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

I feel u sis :selena:

pooiota

59 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

You've just described me:poot::madge:

Archived