💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy posts tour stage + coreography trailers, plus new tickets available

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

TheRoof
5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Because Gaga fans have never been humiliated as much as they were during the Applause vs Roar era. There is really a long history behind the famous war between House Littlemonsters and House Katycats. Little monsters are like North. They remember :chica: 

Gaga and Katy had almost never competed in the charts before 2013, even though they both had been releasing singles since 2008. By competing I mean releasing the respective singles in the same time frame. When Gaga was burning the charts in 2009, Katy only had Waking up in Vegas on the radio, her fourth single off One of the Boys. Katy's two smash singles Hot'n'Cold and I Kissed a Girl peaked in 2008, while Gaga conquered the radio in 2009 :tony:

When Katy released her lead-single California Gurls, Gaga was sending Alejandro to the radio, the last single off The Fame Monster. So again, they sort of missed the direct competition. Katy had been sort-of non-existent to us as a fanbase before her comment on Alejandro video. I think it was Katy's comment on Alejandro music video that started the war. Not only the comment, but also the fact that Katy didn't have the courage to direct this tweet at Gaga when it was pretty obvious she meant Gaga:lolly: A lot of Gaga fans responded, and Katy fans responded back, they were pointing at the fact that California Gurls song was doing much better than Alejandro, but we kept telling them "gurls please, The Fame (Monster) has outsold the entire Katy discography:poot:, most people already have Alejandro and it's her seventh single in 1,5 years and the fact that it's still top ten is iconic alone, go tell somebody a cheap comedian fart joke" :poot: 

There was a clash at 2011 Grammy's, when Gaga was against Katy in Album of the Year, Best Pop Album and Best Pop Solo Performance categories, and we won Best Pop Album and Best Pop Solo Performance :pray:  and thus the Katy Grammy jokes were born. Then Gaga scored a number one hit with Born This Way, the song, and we told them: "look, she still easilty gets number ones (little did we know about Judas release:cryga:), Katy's not the only one who gets number ones (Katy had a string of four number one songs by that time, and five number one songs overal, while Gaga had three)". Once again, Gaga's lead single was released when Katy already had her fourth single off the album on the radio, so we couldn't compare them properly.  

They mocked us during Judas and The Edge of Glory, but we pointed at the fact that Born This Way, the album, sold more in two months than Teenage Dream in a year (cough-cough, the $0.99 deal, cough-cough:derpga:), meaning that the gp already had Gaga's songs and thus the sales of singles were expectedly lower. By 2011 August VMAs, Born This Way singles era was pretty much over (the chart drama of Marry The Night was ahead), meaning that it took Gaga's arguably best album just 4 months to wear itself off the radio after the release, while Katy was continuing to send songs to the top 10 (The One That Got Away, Part of Me, Wide Awake) more than a year after Teenage Dream had been out. But then again, Born This Way earned a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year, Best Pop Album and Best Pop Song, while Katy earned Best Record and Best Pop Song nomination, so we outnumbered katycats in nominations in Adele's year :wtfga: 

Then Gaga embarked on the tour that saw he filling mad crowds in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and South Africa:staymad: and her Asian leg of Born This Way Ball grossed nearly as much as all of California Dreams Tour, so we were like: "take a seat. Where's Katy's singles power when she is selling her tickets?" :oprah: 

And in 2013 they finally released their lead singles in a span of two weeks, I think, so we finally could properly compare their performance. And the experience for the fanbase was devastating :saladga:

It was the era when the whole Gagadaily turned into a giant chart-watching room, when people were having panic and anxiety attacks because of red updates on Kworb, when the first things we did when waking up was tracking her Mediabase Radio AI. It was like a situation room:icega: We have never treated any of her singles with such chart-maniac dedication. And we lost the battle (but we won the war) (joking, it's not war, I know it). Roar became one of the most, if not the most successful Katy songs, she sold over 4,000,000 copies during its chart run. She topped HOT 100 and Pop Radio, while Gaga peaked at No.4 on both of those charts. And even though Applause managed to stay in the TOP 10 for almost as long as Roar (14 weeks and 17 weeks repsectively), Roar outsold Applause 3 to 1 :fthis: 

Gaga fans were dragged to the pits of hell on ATRL. Chart threads on GGD were filled with so much toxic negativity and meltdowns over her management decisions the mods probably didn't have time to sleep. Dark red update hysteria. Dark green update triumph. She should release that, she should promote that, where is the DWUW music video, is she mad going into blackout, etc... 

The number of humiliating Applause gifs that probably gave nightmares to little monsters :rip: 

Suddenly, Gaga, with all her touring legacy, with her iconic records, with her cultural impact, with her five Grammy awards struggled to compare in popularity with Katy Perry. Gaga went from performing to 30,000 people in Perth with Born This Way Ball to a crowd of 8,000 people in Perth for artRave. From 70,000 at Stade de France in Paris to 12,000 at Zenith Arena:air:  From 1.7 M tickets sold for Born This Way Ball to 0.9 M tickets sold for artRave 

There were some brighter moments. Do What U Want, despite all the drama because of mismanagement, peaked at No.7 on Pop Radio and at No.13 on Hot 100, while Unconditionally at No.8 and No. 14 respectively., but with Dark Horse single release Katy settled the question of singles competition for everybody. Prism outsold ARTPOP in the USA by 1,00,000 copies - something we could never imagine, since we always believed Gaga was an album artist, while Katy was a singles artist.

But Gaga and her fans were constantly mocked wherever charts were discussed, and that artflop myth was born, and we were even dragged by Wendy Williams :interestinga:

That's what I mean when I say "The North remembers." It was such a painful experience of being a Gaga fan that four years is not enough to heal it. It has been four years, and many (most) fans still have that bitter taste of Gaga's image being trashed by Katycats and Appaluse being made fun of everywhere. We still remember that they called ARTPOP artflop. It's just that back in 2014, most fans thought we would never witness:stalkga:  Katy "flop". So when such moment came, they remembered that revenge is a dish best served cold. Bon Appetit :sis:

sorry but this comment deserves its own apreciation thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drinkmytears
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Gaga is having another peak...possibly her third one if you are looking at tours. Even in Gaga's 2012-14 era, she managed hit songs and an album that hung around in the top 100 for a while. Gaga's worst period is still no comparison for Katy's. 

Pointing out that Katy is doing badly and her album is a flop is not hating on her. Facts are facts, It is what it is. She doesn't have just a few empty seats...her tour is not selling well and she is cancelling dates. Will she bounce back? Maybe, maybe not. 

*Just saw the mod comment above. That's why bringing up Gaga in a thread like this isn't a good idea.    We should end this now. 

Also I hope you know none of this is personal! I'm glad we are able to have conversations like this. 

Only first two and a half pages of this thread are fun to read :madge:

Y'all hunties ruined it with quarrels for the rest of it :madge:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

My Little Phoney

Omg the stage looks like some of the rumored JWT stages haha

This looks pretty good, she tends to have enjoyable overall production.

My Little Phoney
17 hours ago, NewYorkCity said:

So many ArtRAVE moments on that video the outfits, the balls.... 

I love balls so I ain't mad but yes I also got an artRAVE vibe from this

20 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Because Gaga fans have never been humiliated as much as they were during the Applause vs Roar era. There is really a long history behind the famous war between House Littlemonsters and House Katycats. Little monsters are like North. They remember :chica: 

Gaga and Katy had almost never competed in the charts before 2013, even though they both had been releasing singles since 2008. By competing I mean releasing the respective singles in the same time frame. When Gaga was burning the charts in 2009, Katy only had Waking up in Vegas on the radio, her fourth single off One of the Boys. Katy's two smash singles Hot'n'Cold and I Kissed a Girl peaked in 2008, while Gaga conquered the radio in 2009 :tony:

When Katy released her lead-single California Gurls, Gaga was sending Alejandro to the radio, the last single off The Fame Monster. So again, they sort of missed the direct competition. Katy had been sort-of non-existent to us as a fanbase before her comment on Alejandro video. I think it was Katy's comment on Alejandro music video that started the war. Not only the comment, but also the fact that Katy didn't have the courage to direct this tweet at Gaga when it was pretty obvious she meant Gaga:lolly: A lot of Gaga fans responded, and Katy fans responded back, they were pointing at the fact that California Gurls song was doing much better than Alejandro, but we kept telling them "gurls please, The Fame (Monster) has outsold the entire Katy discography:poot:, most people already have Alejandro and it's her seventh single in 1,5 years and the fact that it's still top ten is iconic alone, go tell somebody a cheap comedian fart joke" :poot: 

There was a clash at 2011 Grammy's, when Gaga was against Katy in Album of the Year, Best Pop Album and Best Pop Solo Performance categories, and we won Best Pop Album and Best Pop Solo Performance :pray:  and thus the Katy Grammy jokes were born. Then Gaga scored a number one hit with Born This Way, the song, and we told them: "look, she still easilty gets number ones (little did we know about Judas release:cryga:), Katy's not the only one who gets number ones (Katy had a string of four number one songs by that time, and five number one songs overal, while Gaga had three)". Once again, Gaga's lead single was released when Katy already had her fourth single off the album on the radio, so we couldn't compare them properly.  

They mocked us during Judas and The Edge of Glory, but we pointed at the fact that Born This Way, the album, sold more in two months than Teenage Dream in a year (cough-cough, the $0.99 deal, cough-cough:derpga:), meaning that the gp already had Gaga's songs and thus the sales of singles were expectedly lower. By 2011 August VMAs, Born This Way singles era was pretty much over (the chart drama of Marry The Night was ahead), meaning that it took Gaga's arguably best album just 4 months to wear itself off the radio after the release, while Katy was continuing to send songs to the top 10 (The One That Got Away, Part of Me, Wide Awake) more than a year after Teenage Dream had been out. But then again, Born This Way earned a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year, Best Pop Album and Best Pop Song, while Katy earned Best Record and Best Pop Song nomination, so we outnumbered katycats in nominations in Adele's year :wtfga: 

Then Gaga embarked on the tour that saw he filling mad crowds in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and South Africa:staymad: and her Asian leg of Born This Way Ball grossed nearly as much as all of California Dreams Tour, so we were like: "take a seat. Where's Katy's singles power when she is selling her tickets?" :oprah: 

And in 2013 they finally released their lead singles in a span of two weeks, I think, so we finally could properly compare their performance. And the experience for the fanbase was devastating :saladga:

It was the era when the whole Gagadaily turned into a giant chart-watching room, when people were having panic and anxiety attacks because of red updates on Kworb, when the first things we did when waking up was tracking her Mediabase Radio AI. It was like a situation room:icega: We have never treated any of her singles with such chart-maniac dedication. And we lost the battle (but we won the war) (joking, it's not war, I know it). Roar became one of the most, if not the most successful Katy songs, she sold over 4,000,000 copies during its chart run. She topped HOT 100 and Pop Radio, while Gaga peaked at No.4 on both of those charts. And even though Applause managed to stay in the TOP 10 for almost as long as Roar (14 weeks and 17 weeks repsectively), Roar outsold Applause 3 to 1 :fthis: 

Gaga fans were dragged to the pits of hell on ATRL. Chart threads on GGD were filled with so much toxic negativity and meltdowns over her management decisions the mods probably didn't have time to sleep. Dark red update hysteria. Dark green update triumph. She should release that, she should promote that, where is the DWUW music video, is she mad going into blackout, etc... 

The number of humiliating Applause gifs that probably gave nightmares to little monsters :rip: 

Suddenly, Gaga, with all her touring legacy, with her iconic records, with her cultural impact, with her five Grammy awards struggled to compare in popularity with Katy Perry. Gaga went from performing to 30,000 people in Perth with Born This Way Ball to a crowd of 8,000 people in Perth for artRave. From 70,000 at Stade de France in Paris to 12,000 at Zenith Arena:air:  From 1.7 M tickets sold for Born This Way Ball to 0.9 M tickets sold for artRave 

There were some brighter moments. Do What U Want, despite all the drama because of mismanagement, peaked at No.7 on Pop Radio and at No.13 on Hot 100, while Unconditionally at No.8 and No. 14 respectively., but with Dark Horse single release Katy settled the question of singles competition for everybody. Prism outsold ARTPOP in the USA by 1,00,000 copies - something we could never imagine, since we always believed Gaga was an album artist, while Katy was a singles artist.

But Gaga and her fans were constantly mocked wherever charts were discussed, and that artflop myth was born, and we were even dragged by Wendy Williams :interestinga:

That's what I mean when I say "The North remembers." It was such a painful experience of being a Gaga fan that four years is not enough to heal it. It has been four years, and many (most) fans still have that bitter taste of Gaga's image being trashed by Katycats and Appaluse being made fun of everywhere. We still remember that they called ARTPOP artflop. It's just that back in 2014, most fans thought we would never witness:stalkga:  Katy "flop". So when such moment came, they remembered that revenge is a dish best served cold. Bon Appetit :sis:

I still don't think Witness is Katy's ARTPOP era sorry :sweat: Witness doesn't feel like a flop era at all idk why :sweat:

bumblebee
4 minutes ago, discodicks said:

I still don't think Witness is Katy's ARTPOP era sorry :sweat: Witness doesn't feel like a flop era at all idk why :sweat:

I personally prefer to avoid the evaluations that include nothing in between "flop" and "slay". But I've got to admit that "flop" is probably one of the most used terms among the fans, and I think that what matters when people judge something as "flop" or not is not only facts, but the image and the perception.

So, I think that with Katy's latest effort people's intention to assume her as "flop" is fueled by all her controversial media presence during promo campaign. 

"Flop" is also a chart-based concept. And so people also have those high standards of Katy's previous two eras which produced eight number one songs. And they point at the fact that "Chained to the Rhythm" managed to spend just two weeks in the HOT 100 top ten, and her other two singles failed to make significant chart impact. So they probably regard it as huge underperformance after Teenage Prism, and the media likes the drama and thus we see what we see. 

StrawberryBlond

Wow, so the budget wasn't reduced, then? Her team's going to be lucky if they can break even. This looks like just a small step down from Prismatic and that was a million dollar lightshow showstopper of a tour, from a visual standpoint. There is no way she's going to make enough money to cover all this. Her tickets are super cheap and they're not selling. I often underestimate how badly some tours are going to do but I really don't think I've underestimated this one. It's going to be a tragedy watching this unfold and the pictures from half empty arenas night after night. I'm surprised only 2 shows have been cancelled thus far. If the seating plan from the second Boston date is to be believed, about 85% of those tickets are unsold. How she's going to sell out those 2 NZ dates despite only 1/3 singles charting in their top 100 is anyone's guess. I am genuinely interested in seeing how her next tour's going to look because there's going to have to be such a downgrade to recoup so many of the expenses that were wasted on this one.

Archived