Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
lgbt

Man refused job for being too feminine


Melech

Featured Posts

Melech

"A Russian man has been refused a job in a sports store because its management thought his "feminine manner" and being "too well-groomed" suggested he was part of the LGBTQ community. 

Eduard Zavyalov, whose surname was changed for security reasons, from Omsk, in south-western Siberia, never got to the interview stage when he applied for the sales consultant job. 

Instead, he received a letter from the shop's human resources department informing him his "feminine manner of speaking and gestures as well as his appearance (excessive grooming and calling clothes) create a general impression that you are a representative of a sexual minority which promotes non-traditional sexual relations through behaviour and appearance". 

The company added the decision was made on the basis of Russia's so-called gay propaganda law, which bans the promotion of homosexual behaviour to minors. In this respect, it said it did not have "the moral and legal right" to employ Mr Zavyalov.

The law has often been used as a tool to target and intimidate the LGBTQ community in Russia and the European Court of Human Rights ruled in June that the law was encouraging homophobia and violated the right to freedom of expression. 

According to local media, Mr Zavyalov said that during the interview he was not asked about his work experience but only about his appearance."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-sports-store-job-refuse-gay-looks-lgbt-russia-siberia-feminine-manner-homophobia-omsk-excessive-a7887666.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

shoful

Thats so dumb. Russia get your **** together :poot:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slayer

I think this happens a lot more often, and in far less homophobic countries, than is actually reported...

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

lost in limbo

This is really stupid, but why still expect something from Russia?

Honestly, while Russia is under Putin, this things won't stop being daily

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight
Link to post
Share on other sites

Melech
16 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

By the title I thought some guy refused a job offer cause the job is too feminine.

Oh :selena: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gay/queer people in these **** countries are so brave and strong :giveup:  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov Hooka

How much different are the business owners and Russian government from the "masc" gays that shame "feminine" personalities within our own community :reductive: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BornAsUnic0rn
32 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think this happens a lot more often, and in far less homophobic countries, than is actually reported...

I relate so much to this story because it actually happened quite a lot to me actually, both in the conservative south of Germany and in Berlin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

russia :laughga: no sh!t

 

BREAKING NEWS: MAN VISITS HELL, COMPLAINS ABOUT HEAT

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slayer
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

Gay/queer people in these **** countries are so brave and strong :giveup:  

I know right. I feel so awful for them. Their self-esteem and happiness must be in the gutter. So sad.

 

1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

I relate so much to this story because it actually happened quite a lot to me actually, both in the conservative south of Germany and in Berlin. 

That's awful. Surely you could contest that and take them to court? I thought Germany was fairly progressive - at least in Berlin.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I know right. I feel so awful for them. Their self-esteem and happiness must be in the gutter. So sad.

 

That's awful. Surely you could contest that and take them to court? I thought Germany was fairly progressive - at least in Berlin.

They are relatively progressive but still not to the level of many other Nations

 

Also my Country (Canada) is very progressive but it doesnt mean that isolated incidences of racism, homophobia or even hate crimes never occur

 

so it doesnt mean anything

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...