Melech 9,900 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 "A Russian man has been refused a job in a sports store because its management thought his "feminine manner" and being "too well-groomed" suggested he was part of the LGBTQ community. Eduard Zavyalov, whose surname was changed for security reasons, from Omsk, in south-western Siberia, never got to the interview stage when he applied for the sales consultant job. Instead, he received a letter from the shop's human resources department informing him his "feminine manner of speaking and gestures as well as his appearance (excessive grooming and calling clothes) create a general impression that you are a representative of a sexual minority which promotes non-traditional sexual relations through behaviour and appearance". The company added the decision was made on the basis of Russia's so-called gay propaganda law, which bans the promotion of homosexual behaviour to minors. In this respect, it said it did not have "the moral and legal right" to employ Mr Zavyalov. The law has often been used as a tool to target and intimidate the LGBTQ community in Russia and the European Court of Human Rights ruled in June that the law was encouraging homophobia and violated the right to freedom of expression. According to local media, Mr Zavyalov said that during the interview he was not asked about his work experience but only about his appearance." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-sports-store-job-refuse-gay-looks-lgbt-russia-siberia-feminine-manner-homophobia-omsk-excessive-a7887666.html Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaOnTop 342 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 InB4 “is he a hunty though” This is incredibly stupid though Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shoful 13,304 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 Thats so dumb. Russia get your **** together "My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HANZ 4,380 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 this happened in Russia? My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Phoenix 17,395 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 By the title I thought some guy refused a job offer cause the job is too feminine. 💎 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slayer 9,227 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 I think this happens a lot more often, and in far less homophobic countries, than is actually reported... I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
lost in limbo 6,035 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 This is really stupid, but why still expect something from Russia? Honestly, while Russia is under Putin, this things won't stop being daily this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Melech 9,900 Posted August 11, 2017 Author Share Posted August 11, 2017 16 minutes ago, Phoenix said: By the title I thought some guy refused a job offer cause the job is too feminine. Oh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
weed 79,381 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 Gay/queer people in these **** countries are so brave and strong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gov Hooka 8,008 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 How much different are the business owners and Russian government from the "masc" gays that shame "feminine" personalities within our own community Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BornAsUnic0rn 2,249 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 32 minutes ago, Slayer said: I think this happens a lot more often, and in far less homophobic countries, than is actually reported... I relate so much to this story because it actually happened quite a lot to me actually, both in the conservative south of Germany and in Berlin. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luiz 4,253 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 russia no sh!t BREAKING NEWS: MAN VISITS HELL, COMPLAINS ABOUT HEAT I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slayer 9,227 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 1 hour ago, neptugne said: Gay/queer people in these **** countries are so brave and strong I know right. I feel so awful for them. Their self-esteem and happiness must be in the gutter. So sad. 1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said: I relate so much to this story because it actually happened quite a lot to me actually, both in the conservative south of Germany and in Berlin. That's awful. Surely you could contest that and take them to court? I thought Germany was fairly progressive - at least in Berlin. I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 "Too well groomed" WTF?????? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted August 11, 2017 Share Posted August 11, 2017 1 hour ago, Slayer said: I know right. I feel so awful for them. Their self-esteem and happiness must be in the gutter. So sad. That's awful. Surely you could contest that and take them to court? I thought Germany was fairly progressive - at least in Berlin. They are relatively progressive but still not to the level of many other Nations Also my Country (Canada) is very progressive but it doesnt mean that isolated incidences of racism, homophobia or even hate crimes never occur so it doesnt mean anything Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.