opinion

RESULTS | Ray Of Light Megarate

Antonio

Featured Posts

Antonio

[#11] Shanti/Ashtangi
[Score] 7.83

5Se98xW.png

[High Scores] @KING ELIZABITCH @Eclipsa @MichealScott @Ahmad Samadi @HIMER0S @John Slayne @DeanWinchester @Antichrist 10

[Low Scores] @Maleficent 2

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

A bit all over the place, but the Hindu Sanskrit chants and the mesmerizing instrumental pull the track together to make a great addition to the cohesive masterpiece that is Ray Of Light, Shanti/Ashtangi fits right in, and is able to stand out from the rest of the tracks, but falls flat in some areas, yet still remaining a strong track.

[My Score] 8.7

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

#11 - #14 - #13 - #13 - #13 - #12 - #13 - #13 - #11

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Hide contents

@Eclipsa (10)

"It truly sounds like a traditional Chinese popular song, and her voice singing Shanti is so powerful and mature, it really gets me."

@Antichrist (10)

"i'll probably be one of the lessers that jams to this song, but when you're with your friends, mesmerized to the fullest, this is the best song that you can listen to, trust me. hope ya'll try it at-least once, the feel-good vibe this song gives is truly phenomenal!"

@DeanWinchester (10)

"I don't know what the hell she was singing about here at first listen but I like it! Proves how magical and universal music is! If it's good, it will be appreciated!"

@DontDoubtDavid (9.5)

"Very unique song. Always been a fan of sounds from other cultures, and this one combines American pop with Hindi chanting. Love everything about it."

@juju (9.5)

"The entire vibe of this song still remains one of the album's best moments. If Madonna singing entirely in Sanskrit didn't snatch your wig, you were bald to begin with."

@Thomas P (9)

"Introducing us to an amazing side of Madonna that inspired this masterpiece of an album. A song that needs to be here."

@ARPIT (9)

"her Sanskrit pronunciation is on fleek, and that's one hella achievement."

@Sam Dey (9)

"This and Cyber-raga (a bonus track on Music) are my two favourite tribal pop songs (I actually prefer Cyber-raga because it's more psychedelic than Shanti/Ashtangi ). This song matches perfectly to the overall spiritual vibe of the album. Plus the fact that she actually took classes to pronounce this language (I think it's sanskrit) is just incredible."

@TheShameMonster (8.7)

"The beat is pretty sick and has nice flow. So refreshing to hear Madonna sing in a different language. Her Sanskrit pronunciation is not perfect but everything else makes up for it."

@Johny Wayne (8)

"Underrated gem. The credits of this song totally go out to Orbit though, he created this atmosphere that instantly transports you to a temple in India, beautifully done! And of course, Madonna’s sweet and soft vocals only compliment the instrumental."

@MonsterJames333 (8)

"Shanti seems to get the Spanish Lesson treatment among fans but they are totally wrong and here's why.  At this point in the album, tones are about to shift. What better than a mantra to bridge the two parts of Ray Of Light together?  Plus it's fun to sing and if given the chance, the beat is fire...especially when the song repeats itself midway.  This is the interlude before moving into deeper waters."

@shoful (8)

"Very beautiful song obviously drawing from Kabbalah. I have no idea what any of it means but it is beautiful sounding."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"Love Me some Hindu Sanskrit. Only Madonna could make me bop to a prayer like this. PERIOD."

@monsterdino (7)

"William Orbit's production shines trough as always with the over driven techno dance beats, but this is definitely my least favourite track from the album maybe because I can't connect to the lyrics or really understand them. Altough I don't understand a word what Madonna is saying, I think that this song is about Madonna seeking enlightenment and read that this is a Hindu Sanskrit prayer."

@LoisLilMonster (6)

"It might be underrated but for me this song lack something. It's just too monotonous. I actually like to consider it more like an interlude. Don't come for me."

@MAC (6)

"I really like the song and it fits the album well but I am not eager to listen to it a lot."

5 and below

Hide contents

@Uncle ARTPOP (5)

"Her execution on this song is good, I just feel like this song alone doesn't make sense. It is perfect for the tone of the record but when it's by itself it falls short."

@Maleficent (2)

"I do not like this song, I think it should have been cut. This sounds like a song Madonna would like for herself, but no one else really wants to listen to."

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J
Just now, LoisLilMonster said:

436f6a48e994acda398c8f1fa79326fc.gif

Hide contents

Jk:hug:

Aw no thanks but you're lovely. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

DeanWinchester
Just now, Antonio said:

[#11] Shanti/Ashtangi
[Score] 7.83

5Se98xW.png

[High Scores] @KING ELIZABITCH @Eclipsa @MichealScott @Ahmad Samadi @HIMER0S @John Slayne @DeanWinchester @Antichrist 10

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

A bit all over the place, but the Hindu Sanskrit chants and the mesmerizing instrumental pull the track together to make a great addition to the cohesive masterpiece that is Ray Of Light, Shanti/Ashtangi fits right in, and is able to stand out from the rest of the tracks, but falls flat in some areas, yet still remaining a strong track.

[My Score] 8.7

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@Eclipsa (10)

"It truly sounds like a traditional Chinese popular song, and her voice singing Shanti is so powerful and mature, it really gets me."

@Antichrist (10)

"i'll probably be one of the lessers that jams to this song, but when you're with your friends, mesmerized to the fullest, this is the best song that you can listen to, trust me. hope ya'll try it at-least once, the feel-good vibe this song gives is truly phenomenal!"

@DeanWinchester (10)

"I don't know what the hell she was singing about here at first listen but I like it! Proves how magical and universal music is! If it's good, it will be appreciated!"

@DontDoubtDavid (9.5)

"Very unique song. Always been a fan of sounds from other cultures, and this one combines American pop with Hindi chanting. Love everything about it."

@juju (9.5)

"The entire vibe of this song still remains one of the album's best moments. If Madonna singing entirely in Sanskrit didn't snatch your wig, you were bald to begin with."

@Thomas P (9)

"Introducing us to an amazing side of Madonna that inspired this masterpiece of an album. A song that needs to be here."

@ARPIT (9)

@Sam Dey (9)

"This and Cyber-raga (a bonus track on Music) are my two favourite tribal pop songs (I actually prefer Cyber-raga because it's more psychedelic than Shanti/Ashtangi ). This song matches perfectly to the overall spiritual vibe of the album. Plus the fact that she actually took classes to pronounce this language (I think it's sanskrit) is just incredible."

@TheShameMonster (8.7)

"The beat is pretty sick and has nice flow. So refreshing to hear Madonna sing in a different language. Her Sanskrit pronunciation is not perfect but everything else makes up for it."

@Johny Wayne (8)

"Underrated gem. The credits of this song totally go out to Orbit though, he created this atmosphere that instantly transports you to a temple in India, beautifully done! And of course, Madonna’s sweet and soft vocals only compliment the instrumental."

@MonsterJames333 (8)

"Shanti seems to get the Spanish Lesson treatment among fans but they are totally wrong and here's why.  At this point in the album, tones are about to shift. What better than a mantra to bridge the two parts of Ray Of Light together?  Plus it's fun to sing and if given the chance, the beat is fire...especially when the song repeats itself midway.  This is the interlude before moving into deeper waters."

@shoful (8)

"Very beautiful song obviously drawing from Kabbalah. I have no idea what any of it means but it is beautiful sounding."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"Love Me some Hindu Sanskrit. Only Madonna could make me bop to a prayer like this. PERIOD."

@monsterdino (7)

"William Orbit's production shines trough as always with the over driven techno dance beats, but this is definitely my least favourite track from the album maybe because I can't connect to the lyrics or really understand them. Altough I don't understand a word what Madonna is saying, I think that this song is about Madonna seeking enlightenment and read that this is a Hindu Sanskrit prayer."

@LoisLilMonster (6)

"It might be underrated but for me this song lack something. It's just too monotonous. I actually like to consider it more like an interlude. Don't come for me."

@MAC (6)

"I really like the song and it fits the album well but I am not eager to listen to it a lot."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

@Uncle ARTPOP (5)

"Her execution on this song is good, I just feel like this song alone doesn't make sense. It is perfect for the tone of the record but when it's by itself it falls short."

@Maleficent (2)

"I do not like this song, I think it should have been cut. This sounds like a song Madonna would like for herself, but no one else really wants to listen to."

tumblr_nahfr5mPir1tvqbvyo1_500.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, Anveeroy said:

Sorry but I am very disappointed about how western people calling an ancient language flop. Poeple!

I could care less if it's ancient or not. There's ton of ancient laguages and I won't waste my time googling that specific one. I could care waaay less if the lyrics are correct Sanskrit or not.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

DeanWinchester
Just now, Antonio said:

[#11] Shanti/Ashtangi
[Score] 7.83

giphy.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

That J

Ok I KNEW Shanti wouldn't last long.   I'm only 25% bitter.  

That J
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

tumblr_nahfr5mPir1tvqbvyo1_500.gif

I love it when you're angry. 

juju

SHANTI ASHTANGI IS A BEAUTIFUL SONG HOW TF DARE YA'LL KICK HER FROM THE TOP TEN

tumblr_ncml0btUvj1qk7scno1_500.gif

❤ x ❤

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

@Uncle ARTPOP (5)

@Maleficent (2)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

lost in limbo

[#11] Shanti/Ashtangi
[Score] 7.83

5Se98xW.png

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

[My Score] 8.7

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@Eclipsa (10)

@Antichrist (10)

@DeanWinchester (10)

@DontDoubtDavid (9.5)

@juju (9.5)

@Thomas P (9)

@ARPIT (9)

@Sam Dey (9)

@TheShameMonster (8.7)

@Johny Wayne (8)

@MonsterJames333 (8)

@shoful (8)

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

@monsterdino (7)

@LoisLilMonster (6)

@MAC (6)

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

@Uncle ARTPOP (5)

@Maleficent (2)

:interestinga:

lost in limbo
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

I feel ya.

shoful
20 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

stop tempting me

68747470733a2f2f7365637572652e7374617469

OT: Perfume Girl can go fume

tumblr_nhcibtAfDR1u70ed8o3_500.gif

I need a taste of some of that @DeanWinchester 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Antonio
1 hour ago, juju said:

SHANTI ASHTANGI IS A BEAUTIFUL SONG HOW TF DARE YA'LL KICK HER FROM THE TOP TEN

tumblr_ncml0btUvj1qk7scno1_500.gif

every song on ROL is beautiful except for Little Star :lolly: 

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Johnny Wayne

I AM NOT OK WITH WHAT YOU DID TO CANDY PERFUME GIRL, SHE DID NOT DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

Archived