ryanripley
30 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Im not sure whether to go see IT or not lol

it's breaking records and getting great reviews for a reason :bon: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Im not sure whether to go see IT or not lol

Just saw It and thought it was great.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

It = 8.5-9

First off, it wasn't a straight horror movie. It was half horror movie, half coming of age drama/comedy. But I really enjoyed both elements so I didn't mind. 

The Good: The acting was fantastic especially Richy (the Stranger Things actor, Bill (the lead boy), Bev, and It. The chemistry between the Losers Club was flawless. They felt like real friends.The characters were great as well. They were distinct from each other with their own personalities and backgrounds. Their interactions were fun to watch; the Losers Club really seemed like that they really cared for each other and work wonderfully together. And It was genuinely creepy but there was something surprisingly charming and humorous about him.

The humor spread throughout really worked and helped as relief. I surprised how often they cursed but it felt very natural.

The scares worked most of the time. And even if they didn't always startle me, the atmosphere and creeepiness was always there.

The special effects, cinematography, and editing were superb. The camera angles, close ups, and movements really were the foundation of the atmosphere, scares, suspense, and drama. I found myself really stoping to admire the camera work multiple times during the movie.

And the narrative and plot development was throughoughly engaging; I never found myself bored. I was fully invested and interested; sometimes trying to predict what happened next. And I was satisfied with how it ended and looking forward to what's next to come.

The Bad: I don't remember the miniseries    that well and haven't read the book so this issue may be fixed in Chapter 2. But I didn't like how It and the town's background/history weren't fully explained. Especially what It is exactly and some things concerning his actions.

There was also some cliches that I couldn't help but notice. Like stupid character decisions, just standing there and doing nothing next a scary thing, over dramatic music, and some predictable jump scares.

Conclusion: Overall the pros majorly outweigh the cons. And the film was a wonderful experience. I'd definitely recommend it. It almost feels like a family oriented horror movie even though it's definitely most suitable for adults. 

Its more than a horror movie; being something fans of dramas and comedies would enjoy too.

I'd definitely rewatch it, most likely even buy it to watch it years to come.

I'm definitely siked for Chapter 2.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

5 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

It = 8.5-9

First off, it wasn't a straight horror movie. It was half horror movie, half coming of age drama/comedy. But I really enjoyed both elements so I didn't mind. 

The Good: The acting was fantastic especially Richy (the Stranger Things actor, Bill (the lead boy), Bev, and It. The chemistry between the Losers Club was flawless. They felt like real friends.The characters were great as well. They were distinct from each other with their own personalities and backgrounds. Their interactions were fun to watch; the Losers Club really seemed like that they really cared for each other and work wonderfully together. And It was genuinely creepy but there was something surprisingly charming and humorous about him.

The humor spread throughout really worked and helped as relief. I surprised how often they cursed but it felt very natural.

The scares worked most of the time. And even if they didn't always startle me, the atmosphere and creeepiness was always there.

The special effects, cinematography, and editing were superb. The camera angles, close ups, and movements really were the foundation of the atmosphere, scares, suspense, and drama. I found myself really stoping to admire the camera work multiple times during the movie.

And the narrative and plot development was throughoughly engaging; I never found myself bored. I was fully invested and interested; sometimes trying to predict what happened next. And I was satisfied with how it ended and looking forward to what's next to come.

The Bad: I don't remember the miniseries    that well and haven't read the book so this issue may be fixed in Chapter 2. But I didn't like how It and the town's background/history weren't fully explained. Especially what It is exactly and some things concerning his actions.

There was also some cliches that I couldn't help but notice. Like stupid character decisions, just standing there and doing nothing next a scary thing, over dramatic music, and some predictable jump scares.

Conclusion: Overall the pros majorly outweigh the cons. And the film was a wonderful experience. I'd definitely recommend it. It almost feels like a family oriented horror movie even though it's definitely most suitable for adults. 

Its more than a horror movie; being something fans of dramas and comedies would enjoy too.

I agree with half of what you said for sure. Especially the consistent over dramatic music. 

1 hour ago, Doot said:

I agree with half of what you said for sure. Especially the consistent over dramatic music. 

Doesnt horror generally use over dramatic music to try making it scarrier lol

1 hour ago, lilmonster93 said:

It = 8.5-9

I dont think It was fully explained in the miniseries either

14 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Doesnt horror generally use over dramatic music to try making it scarrier lol

It wasn't just the horror moments. For some reason it was just more noticeable in this film.

13 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I dont think It was fully explained in the miniseries either

Hopefully the movie follows the novel more on that front and reveals it in Chapter 2.

1 minute ago, lilmonster93 said:

It wasn't just the horror moments. For some reason it was just more noticeable in this film.

Hopefully the movie follows the novel more on that front and reveals it in Chapter 2.

Idk i never read the book

ryanripley
11 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I noticed its better not to read books which films are based on bc people complain about how much a movie sucked compared to the book

:what: that makes no sense, you should always read the book since it's the original story

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Review, Release, Short, and Trailer Update

A Dark Song = 8.5/10 (Available on Netflix and VOD platforms)

A horror drama about a mother who seeks the help of an occultist to perform a dark ritual. It's a slowburn film with arthouse influences; that won't be for everyone. The performances are the most engaging part of the film. The narrative was interesting but could used a little more depth/clarity.

Woodshock and The Garlock Incident are available on VOD platforms.

Broken Darkness releases later this year.

Lore premieres October 13th on Amazon

The Shape of Water will be in theaters December 8th.

The Lodgers releases this month.

Flatliners is in theaters September 

Archived