Guest Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 3 hours ago, GagaLogic said: While I agree that people need to grow up and stop being dicks, is it really a crime to be a ****? Have any of these people gone out and committed a physical crime? I don't like racist a-holes anymore than the next guy, but how can you criminalize an opinion? I guess I just don't see how this is supposed to help anything. If I post online about how much I hate pink stuffed elephants, and the cops raid my house and find my posts about hating pink stuffed elephants, and I get charged with hating pink stuffed elephants, then what? Am I magically going to start liking pink stuffed elephants after that? Or are they going to drag me out behind a garage and shoot me? And if they do that, is that supposed to scare other pink stuffed elephant haters into loving pink stuffed elephants? I'm genuinely curious what this is supposed to accomplish. Also for the record, I don't hate pink stuffed elephants, but I do like pink stuffed rabbits better. Just don't tell Germany tho. When people make comparisons like you did with the "pink elephant" thing they are missing the point. It's a different situation and context completely. Look at the situations that actually had warranted these raids in Germany. Do they sound at all like what you're talking about? Stop with the inappropriate comparisons intended to negate actual situations that do warrant a response. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 Inciting violence in any form should be illegal. Freedom of speech is NOT absolute. Living in a free society does not mean allowing people to incite violence or threaten violence against any group. I think ya'll are misunderstanding this situation. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DeleteMyAccount 11,881 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 5 hours ago, ashae said: This is stupid. Do I think people should "use" hate speech, no. However I think freedom of speech is more important. This could also be abused by people to get others in trouble when they don't deserve to. Twitter is polluted with hate speech. "freedom of speech" in America was mainly meant to say that people had the right to speak against the govt. Hate speech is just annoying. And even I get riled up sometimes against these people.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,031 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 10 minutes ago, Whispering said: In the US, it is. You can't get arrested for being racist. For threats? Yes. For saying something that is racist? No. I've started to think maybe it should be a crime tbh. Racism should have no place in our society. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Curunir 7,510 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 At least read the article before commenting bullsh*t "The raids targeted people accused of posting threats, coercion and incitement to racism" All of those are illegal. This is not about freedom of speech Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 44 minutes ago, stvn said: Inciting violence in any form should be illegal. Freedom of speech is NOT absolute. Living in a free society does not mean allowing people to incite violence or threaten violence against any group. I think ya'll are misunderstanding this situation. Thank you! People so often misunderstood freedom of speech. It does have limits and exceptions. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 4 minutes ago, Whispering said: Thank you! People so often misunderstood freedom of speech. It does have limits and exceptions. Thanks. You're always thoughtful on this forum and we seem to always agree. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Qualle1 1,385 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 I fully support the investigations. MAKE LOVE NOT WAR Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaLogic 194 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 So my example is inappropriate lol...it was just as serious as I take arresting people who haven't actually done anything but run their mouths. So where is your outrage against all the religious texts and ideology that instruct people to literally hurt and kill other people? When are those raids going down? Or is only certain hate speech bad now? It's ok if it has to do with some flop religion? By all means, go ahead and say people don't have the right to talk ****, but don't go leaving any certain groups out of your condemnation of what comes out of people's mouths. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FentyGa 14,340 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 @actsleazy Gurl...u in trouble Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FentyGa 14,340 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: I've started to think maybe it should be a crime tbh. Racism should have no place in our society. I agree with what you're saying, but only if it was actually heard by law officer or if there's a tape/proof. Also, racist people will still be in our society they just won't say anything and you can't make that illegal bc you can't punish thought, whatever it is. Like, there are pedophiles who don't act upon their actions. They still exist and may do small subconscious things, they just stifle it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
actsleazy 6,655 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 42 minutes ago, maxblac said: @actsleazy Gurl...u in trouble 💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Qualle1 1,385 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 Especially for fellow members from the USA: WHAT IS ACTUALLY HATE SPEECH? Hate Speech is ... Hate speech is when you knowingly and deliberately use words and images as weapons like a punch to the face. When people are attacked, devalued or when hate or violence is called for against them, that’s what we call hate speech. Often they are racist, anti-Semitic or sexist comments that target specific people or groups. Online hatred is currently especially directed at women, refugees, Roma, people with disabilities or homosexual and trans-people. In the future perhaps it will be Danes, White men or Facebook users. More information can be found here: https://no-hate-speech.de/en/knowledge/ MAKE LOVE NOT WAR Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Melech 9,900 Posted June 21, 2017 Author Share Posted June 21, 2017 2 hours ago, maxblac said: I agree with what you're saying, but only if it was actually heard by law officer or if there's a tape/proof. Also, racist people will still be in our society they just won't say anything and you can't make that illegal bc you can't punish thought, whatever it is. Like, there are pedophiles who don't act upon their actions. They still exist and may do small subconscious things, they just stifle it. Comparing pedophilia to racism pedophilia is a mental disease which can be treated (very well in Germany apparently btw). racism is pure ignorance, which also can be treated by education. So I think there can be a racistless society. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goosey 3,017 Posted June 21, 2017 Share Posted June 21, 2017 11 hours ago, Simon said: "The still high incidence of punishable hate posting shows a need for police action," said Holger Münch, president of the Federal Criminal Police Office, according to the Times. "Our free society must not allow a climate of fear, threat, criminal violence and violence either on the street or on the internet." Holger, henny, If you're arresting people for shitposting, I'm not sure you have a free society. "I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.