💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm melting down

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

giskardsb
8 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I'm not asking for effortless slayage, it's not TFM era anymore, but I want Gaga to be able to compete with the Sia's, Ariana's and Rihanna's of today, she has felt so far removed from her contemporaries since the ARTPOP  era, not that that's bad, but I mean in terms of being a current act. I kind of feel like Gaga is in a similar situation to Britney, where people feel like she's no longer a pop force or is just a throwback. 

your standards are too low. 

Gaga has moved on from simply playing the pop music game.  Her career aspirations are much broader.

People need to quit thinking of the pop industry as the top of the pyramid, when its the bottom.  Literally the lowest common denominator.  Sometimes lightning strikes and intereresting things happen in pop music, as with Gaga at first, or Adele, or Amy.   But with the nature of Gaga's approach to music, and not slavishly following trends, she's going to be up and down in terms of music success on popular charts through her career depending on if people connect with what shes currently doing.    She is also much more musically diverse and sophisticated than the typical pop audience.  She just needs to do her thing and let things fall where they may, it makes her a more interesting artist than all the others playing the dumb pop games and never showing any artistic growth.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat Stewart
16 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

your standards are too low. 

Gaga has moved on from simply playing the pop music game.  Her career aspirations are much broader.

People need to quit thinking of the pop industry as the top of the pyramid, when its the bottom.  Literally the lowest common denominator.  Sometimes lightning strikes and intereresting things happen in pop music, as with Gaga at first, or Adele, or Amy.   But with the nature of Gaga's approach to music, and not slavishly following trends, she's going to be up and down in terms of music success on popular charts through her career depending on if people connect with what shes currently doing.    She is also much more musically diverse and sophisticated than the typical pop audience.  She just needs to do her thing and let things fall where they may, it makes her a more interesting artist than all the others playing the dumb pop games and never showing any artistic growth.

How do you explain The Cure

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, Pat Stewart said:

How do you explain The Cure

It's an R&B song clearly with White Shadow production.  And no features or rappers. 

Being herself doesn't mean she has to be continuously different or out there.   We know she likes mainstream stuff too.   I'm just saying that sometimes she'll be more in sync with mainstream, sometimes not, and sometimes the mainstream will come to her.

If she releases an EP full of tropical house and rent-a-rapper features then you can argue she sold out to the mainstream.

3 hours ago, ryhanna said:

Excuse you, you're on a fan forum for this generation's MJ/Elvis. 

I know!!! And Gaga been the only one from the 2010's who brought something unique to the plate, then Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry copied her style, that just goes to show

Delulu Rogers

Well i'm sure it wouldn't be as bad if gaga promoted her music more

Delulu Rogers
2 hours ago, Dirtyicecreamz said:

Agreed! That being said, If you don't promote your own single like at all then there's no chance of it smashing... I get that she's shooting a movie and needs to be 100% concentrated but that will definitely not help her single chart higher. Gaga missed the beginning of the streaming era which means she will need to work 10 x harder, have 10 x more promo just have the visibility of her contemporaries aka Rihana, Katy, Beyonce, etc. Doing C2C and Joanne was an amazing way to legitimize her versatility and talent but it also caused her to be much much less relevant than before 

This exactly. If Gaga doesn't promote or put 100% effort into her music, she'll never stand a chance to become more relevant and in with the younger generation. Why she chooses to do 12835394 projects at once with music not being the priority is beyond me :giveup:

Dirtyicecreamz
33 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

This exactly. If Gaga doesn't promote or put 100% effort into her music, she'll never stand a chance to become more relevant and in with the younger generation. Why she chooses to do 12835394 projects at once with music not being the priority is beyond me :giveup:

Yesss. Ri, Katy, Justin have all managed to reach 1 Billion views on at least two videos in the last 5 years. Gaga's team will have to step it up to bring her back on top... as for ASIB, i'm guessing she didn't want to miss out on this oppurtiny which is normal. But tbh, at this point if TC continues doing really well I think it'll be because we're lucky lol (and the song's catchy af)

Stop the music, Start the drama.

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Dirtyicecreamz said:

Yesss. Ri, Katy, Justin have all managed to reach 1 Billion views on at least two videos in the last 5 years. Gaga's team will have to step it up to bring her back on top... as for ASIB, i'm guessing she didn't want to miss out on this oppurtiny which is normal. But tbh, at this point if TC continues doing really well I think it'll be because we're lucky lol (and the song's catchy af)

why do you guys need her to be "on top" of pop music so bad?  To the point of people intentionally wanting her to cater to younger pop fans and playing all the usual games?  Is Gaga not allowed to grow and change as an artist and choose her career direction, make her own decisions on what she considers successful?  I think so much of this conversation is Gaga's fans own need to feel successful vicariously though Gaga.  Misplaced self-image.

Dirtyicecreamz
Just now, giskardsb said:

why do you guys need her to be "on top" of pop music so bad?  To the point of people intentionally wanting her to cater to younger pop fans and playing all the usual games?  Is Gaga not allowed to grow and change as an artist and choose her career direction, make her own decisions on what she considers successful?  I think so much of this conversation is Gaga fans own needs to feel successful vicariously though Gaga.  Misplaced self-image.

I don't need her to be on top, I was speaking to the person who made the thread + to all those who are tracking TC on the charts but who fail to realize that without proper promotion, her songs will never reach their full potential chart-wise due to the fact that she missed the beginning of the streaming era 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Buddy

Girl, there is so much AMAZING music being released right now

why are you constraining urself to the top 10?

I consider listening to: Tame Impala, Beach House, M83, Cigarettes After Sex, Foxygen, The Radio Dept., Air, Arcade Fire, Phoenix, The Drums, Slowdive, Perfume Genius,  Mac Demarco, HOMESHAKE, Gum, Pond, Father John Misty & J. Tillman, Beck, Chromatics, Wild Nothing, Day Wave, Deerhunter, Grimes, Frank Ocean, Childish Gambino, LCD Soundsystem, Neon Indian, Hibou, Crystal Castles, Grizzly Bear, Melody's Echo Chamber, Temples, Galaxie 500, Elliot Smith, Justice Primal Scream, Real Estate, Spiritualized, Toro y Moi, Unknown Moral Orchestra, The War On Drugs, Santigold, Solange, The Avalanches, Ariel Pink, Caribou, MGMT, Sigur Ros

....just to name a few!

DancinInPiD
21 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I'm having a meltdown. I hate the state the music industry is in. I hate th everything this era has felt like an uphill battle. Ed Sheeran, and the slew of urban artists get viral hits so easily. It seems like if your music isn't urban and you're not collabing with a ton of people you can't get a hit. It's just frustrating I'm so many levels. It seems like monsters have to try so hard to get Gaga half as high in the charts these days. I know it shouldn't bother me, but I've been standing Gaga since I was 13. 

Music change all the time. We live in world where we can listen to what we choose not what others. Surround yourself with music you like and ignore other music that makes you upset. You will be much happy.

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived