Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm melting down

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

I'm having a meltdown. I hate the state the music industry is in. I hate th everything this era has felt like an uphill battle. Ed Sheeran, and the slew of urban artists get viral hits so easily. It seems like if your music isn't urban and you're not collabing with a ton of people you can't get a hit. It's just frustrating I'm so many levels. It seems like monsters have to try so hard to get Gaga half as high in the charts these days. I know it shouldn't bother me, but I've been standing Gaga since I was 13. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joga

AGREE.

The Cure is out of the top ten in our iTunes and Shape of Shrew and Somethang Gist Leek Dis is always topping. Screw Ed Shrewan and The Cafesmackers.:poot:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Batwings

I truly miss the old days of Billboard when everything was 100% based on sales. 

This new algorithm where it's based on a combination of streaming and sales and radio play and whether or not Mercury is in retrograde is so stupid.  :neyde:

ryhanna

Eh. It's just the way it is. Charts aren't everything. Gaga's had a massive past couple of years and is a highly respected artist with a solid reputation, I'd put that way above the billboard top 10. 

Dorothy Gale
2 minutes ago, Batwings said:

This new algorithm where it's based on a combination of streaming and sales and radio play and whether or not Mercury is in retrograde is so stupid.  :neyde:

And of course Gaga's weakest point is streaming which counts for like 30% of Billboard. I'm honestly thinking charts will be irrelevant soon. How much longer before it becomes too difficult to calculate music consumption on the dozens of platforms? I mean Gaga sold almost 80k and didn't even debut in the top 20. I'm sounding like a hater, but it's difficult to see how hard we all work with streaming parties, gifting etc to basically have mediocre results. I almost wish Gaga would take her music off Spotify and just join Tidal so they can fabricate her streams, or do some YouTube payola. With how much music video views collapse randomly in half it's obvious payola is in play to some degree. 

Chill this is pop music, it's not meant to be taken this seriously and it's neither about talent. It's always changing so go listen to what you like. 

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, ryhanna said:

Eh. It's just the way it is. Charts aren't everything. Gaga's had a massive past couple of years and is a highly respected artist with a solid reputation, I'd put that way above the billboard top 10. 

I'm not asking for effortless slayage, it's not TFM era anymore, but I want Gaga to be able to compete with the Sia's, Ariana's and Rihanna's of today, she has felt so far removed from her contemporaries since the ARTPOP  era, not that that's bad, but I mean in terms of being a current act. I kind of feel like Gaga is in a similar situation to Britney, where people feel like she's no longer a pop force or is just a throwback. 

Dorothy Gale
2 minutes ago, 262626 said:

Chill this is pop music, it's not meant to be taken this seriously and it's neither about talent. It's always changing so go listen to what you like. 

Okay, but pop culture for me is a huge hobby. It's bigger than just being a chart obsessed little monster, I just want Gaga to have recognition. Some people like following sports, practicing bdsm, or scrap-booking. I follow pop music. 

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, Batwings said:

This new algorithm where it's based on a combination of streaming and sales and radio play and whether or not Mercury is in retrograde is so stupid.  

Drag them omg. 

OT: this urban culture rise is making me miserable too. there's more women than men, why are they listening to music they can't relate to, saying "I wanna have Sex with you in the most vulgar way". It's annoying, support your own, ladies, the hunteis can't do it alone 

Divine

Remember when gaga owns the charts? like no one dares to release new stuff if gaga is on her way to release some new material? I wonder what could've happened when streaming is a thing back then, Bad Romance must've been #1 in the US for like 12151657 weeks! She was the queen of Youtube, Twitter, Facebook etc. (how i wish she still have those powers)

Anyway,  she have diamonds (10x platinum) songs that other artists don't have.  (Poker Face, Bad Romance) :firega:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

StarstruckIllusion
8 minutes ago, 262626 said:

why is there only a like button :neyde:

2 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Okay, but pop culture for me is a huge hobby. It's bigger than just being a chart obsessed little monster, I just want Gaga to have recognition. Some people like following sports, practicing bdsm, or scrap-booking. I follow pop music. 

Me too, long enough to realize it's a cycle. Trends change and then people complain, the urban take over is more or less when electropop took over after the pop punk era. You can't expect the same thing to be charting forever, focus on the acclaim she has as a person.

shoful

Me coming into this thread thinking its about a personal meltdown but its really about charts...:neyde:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, Paparazzzzi said:

Remember when gaga owns the charts? like no one dares to release new stuff if gaga is on her way to release some new material? I wonder what could've happened when streaming is a thing back then, Bad Romance must've been #1 in the US for like 12151657 weeks! She was the queen of Youtube, Twitter, Facebook etc. (how i wish she still have those powers)

Anyway,  she have diamonds (10x platinum) songs that other artists don't have.  (Poker Face, Bad Romance) 

Tik Tok and Empire Start of Mind by Alicia keys both blocked it from #1 By the way. It spent 7 weeks at #2

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived