πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

1 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe 1.0000

2 Katy Perry - Wide Awake 0.7500

Looks like it's risen .0500 without being released to Vevo yet.

:ohno: If radio starts supporting her, she'll surely snatch the #1. Does anyone know if Capitol is paying radio stations to play WA?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Americano

WA doesn't have a radio deal, but is doing very well.

Radio will pick it up with such big digital sales.

Carly needs to release remixes with some rappers asap :lolgaga:

Edited by Rino
ζœˆγ«γ‹γ‚γ£γ¦γ€γŠγ—γŠγγ‚ˆοΌπŸŒ™

If Katy gets #1, I'll actually be happy for her. A perfect era with 7 top 5 singles, and 6 of those being #1. The album sold about 5.5 million WW (right around the same as BTW) and her tour mostly sold out. Why bother to be sad/pressed over someone else's success?

Arturo

If Katy gets #1, I'll actually be happy for her. A perfect era with 7 top 5 singles, and 6 of those being #1. The album sold about 5.5 million WW (right around the same as BTW) and her tour mostly sold out. Why bother to be sad/pressed over someone else's success?

8 Top 5 singles (including WA) :deadbanana:

Yep, and as some have said earlier, it was ALL very well planned out. I'm happy for her :clap:

pie-kun

Just watched the WA video. It's like she's trying to use all these deep artsy metaphors but at the same time she's not taking any of it seriously and it just seemed nonsensical to me...

I wish the video had been more connected to the actual meaning of the song personally. Then again, Katy isn't really known for her great music videos, look at the last one she put out.

Edited by pie-kun

Americano

5.5 is not correct

MANiCURE1295

5.5 is not correct

I thought Katy sold like **** outside the US? No way it can be 5.5 million worldwide...

Americano

I think it's like a million less, versus lady gaga who sold 6m approx and shipped 8-9m

4.5 and 6+ are not the same at all. That's like saying "Well, someone went 3x platinum and someone else went 5x platinum.. same thing"

Edited by Americano

I thought Katy sold like **** outside the US? No way it can be 5.5 million worldwide...

around 5 million is more accurate

Edited by Math

Claps to Katy gettin' promo. Wide Awake is my least favorite single from her, but I for sure it will go top three.

The video didn't do anything for me, but I do like Wide Awake. It isn't really a standout or an earworm like her other singles, but it's pleasant IMO.

Wide Awake is an okay video and the video is hands down on her better side. However, it seems too quick and inconsistent. Too many things happening at once! Needs to be longer in my opinion but, not bad at all. Good job Katy!

Edited by GreenCreams