Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Million Reasons have been cut short and Applause slipped in? [SB]

sexy

Featured Posts

As someone firmly a part of the ARTPOP camp (it's my favorite release of hers), the only disappointment I felt watching Gaga's Super Bowl was that ARTPOP was snubbed. I've seen a couple explanations of why this was the case, but I really do think the album should have been represented (given that every other release was). 

Had it been included, there's no doubt that Applause would've been the song to play and I think it would make the most sense to have been after Just Dance and before Million Reasons, and thus MR's second chorus would've been cut. 

Would this have been a smart decision? Would it have perfected or worsened the SB for you? Was it okay that ARTPOP wasn't featured?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WildAmerican

You cut Telephone out (it was so random) and do Applause instead simple.

She could've cut Telephone instead. Million Reasons was given a large slot, but it paid off.

DeleteMyAccount

Telephone should've been cut. I LOVE Telephone, but it was so random. And I was surprised because I didn't know why they'd pick a song like that over TEOG.... :wtfga:

Naor Daniel

It's so sad that Gaga HATES ARTPOP. 

Applause was the ultimate song for the super bowl. Telephone? 3 minutes of MR? 

Hate the song choices 😢

Helxig

Nah. I love ARTPOP to pieces, but that Million Reasons performance was beautiful and worked so well. Cutting the slow down segment down and making it shorter would make it feel forced/squeezed in. Also, she needed it to catch her breath before exiting on a high note with her most well known song. I think it made sense to perform only her biggest hits, and one newer song, because the promo did itself from there with her Google rates and Spotify searches etc. The performance was perfect as it was!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Seeka

This is why we wait three years for nice things.

SpookyKid

Poker Face > Born This Way > Just Dance > Million Reasons > Applause > Bad Romance

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

PartySick

Nah, not Million Reasons. Maybe Telephone :spin:

There's like...a hundred different setlists she could've done, I'm happy with the one she chose though :nick:

💚

Gonzi

I love Applause but I honestly don't see how it could've fitted in. 

I do think it could have been nice to add it to the intro medley, but I think she had more reasons to not add anything from ARTPOP than just time :green:

Lady Gagging

Although the Dance in the Dark melody at the beginning was godly, I think she should have squeezed in some Applause instrumental there instead.

Sanju

I mean as an artist you would want to perform at least ONE of your singles or songs from your new album.

However I don't think Million Reasons should have been cut, if anything Telephone. (all it added was the question of "IS BEYONCE GOING TO COME OUT?? suspense) granted she performed it great! But could have gone with something else.

Poissonche
4 minutes ago, Lady Gagging said:

Although the Dance in the Dark melody at the beginning was godly, I think she should have squeezed in some Applause instrumental there instead.

My idea was similar, but Dance In The Dark would still make it. The minute after the show ended, I thought she should have replaced the little "Just Dance!" in the intro by "I live for the applause", since she performed Just Dance anyway. And there you have it, all of the albums represented!

But I still like better what she did. I mean, we have to accept it, Gaga will be obligated to skip some eras in her future performances.

Archived