Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne >>>>> Glory

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Born To Slay
18 hours ago, LM said:

Music not the bling + she started in 1998 when you had to buy the album if you wanted to hear it so the comparsion is meaningless. 

Watching her live is just cringe. Every Gaga's performance is far better that this. Even when she was performing sick

Both of those performances are equally great 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay
9 minutes ago, Sia Daily said:

Wait, this is actually up for DEBATE!?

giphy.gif

Considering Glory did better critically, yes

Born To Slay
Just now, Sia Daily said:

giphy.gif

"Critically"

I thought spell check would fix it lol

still, Glory is a masterpiece of brilliance 

Bellatrix

William does not agree. This is a Joanne review I discovered in iTunes Store :laughga:

14813625_1138330839589372_1830836995_n.p

Kinda sad that haters go to the albums and give them bad ratings for the sake just to hate :madge: 

It's easier to reach expectations when there are none to reach. People don't expect Britney to sing her ass off and be original, they know she doesn't sing and that her music and her style will always be the same. They just expect her to work with the people that are "in" at the moment and with the producers that released the hot tracks this year.

AlphaMonster

I don' think Britney CAN have a better album than Gaga. 

The thing is that Britney's vocals are so torn out at this point, she is not able to convey melodies ,EVEN in the studio, without excessive autotune... 

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

I don' think Britney CAN have a better album than Gaga. 

The thing is that Britney's vocals are so torn out at this point, she is not able to convey melodies ,EVEN in the studio, without excessive autotune... 

So with auto tune her music can be just as good 

Born To Slay
15 minutes ago, Awkwardbrocoli said:

It's easier to reach expectations when there are none to reach. People don't expect Britney to sing her ass off and be original, they know she doesn't sing and that her music and her style will always be the same. They just expect her to work with the people that are "in" at the moment and with the producers that released the hot tracks this year.

That doesn't mean they don't expect quality music tho. Reviewers of Britney are expecting her to deliver a quality pop album.

AlphaMonster
3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

So with auto tune her music can be just as good 

No, it can't be. Many singers use auto-tune but Britney's vocals are so torn-out that they use auto-tune to an unbelievable extent. Moreover, that level of auto-tune is often not enough to hide Britney's weak, shaky vocals on Glory. 

Notice that Britney mostly uses a speaking tone while singing on Glory. Whenever she switches to more of a singing tone, you can hear her voice shaking despite excessive auto-tune, pitch corrections etc etc. 

Gagadonna

Glory is a masterpiece, I don't know if it's better than Joanne. But in all cases, it's okay cuz Gaga can actually sing 

1 hour ago, Born To Slay said:

Both of those performances are equally great 

Wtf. Britney doesn't even sing and her dance moves are easier than Gaga's....

Kahzandra

Ughhhh I think Glory is absolutely terrible.  I couldn't get through one song in that dreck.   I miss her If U Seek Amy sound.

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, AlphaMonster said:

No, it can't be. Many singers use auto-tune but Britney's vocals are so torn-out that they use auto-tune to an unbelievable extent. Moreover, that level of auto-tune is often not enough to hide Britney's weak, shaky vocals on Glory. 

Notice that Britney mostly uses a speaking tone while singing on Glory. Whenever she switches to more of a singing tone, you can hear her voice shaking despite excessive auto-tune, pitch corrections etc etc. 

The shaky vocals work for her, its kind of adorable how she can't really sing. I think people expect too much of her to be able to write or sing tbh. It's amazing she got such good reviews with such unreasonable expectations. 

Anyway, just because Britney has a different vocal style doesn't mean she can't have a better album. At least not objectively. 

Archived