Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

politics

2016 Presidential Debates (Trump Vs Hillary)

Featured Posts

GloZell Green

It will break records honestly. I can't wait to watch.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Zilla

I'm actually v excited for this. I think Trump will have all these pre-rehearsed answers and she's gonna trap him and he'll lose it. Hey it'll get people to watch!

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Maleficent

I'm worried Hillary is too soft-spoken. She needs to be super assertive if she doesn't want trump to drown her out 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician

Yuuri

Hopefully Hillary wipes the floor with him, therefore giving people an actual reason to call her "Killary".

enhanced-19189-1417467756-1.jpg?output-f

Whispering

Trump won't lose it during the debate. He will wait until the week after and when he is in front of his base. His debate talk was determined to be at a fourth grade level. I imagine we will get the same build the wall, blah blah basic talk, but with a few facts he learned over the weekend to try and make him look like he has a clue about anything. He will be careful to hide his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic self and present someone he is not to the audience. The bar is low and he is a con man. 

Also, Lester Holt is probably going to be a pretty laid back moderator. 

Lion Heart

It's time to end this clown show. 

Finish him Hill !

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

I imagine we will get the same build the wall, blah blah basic talk, but with a few facts he learned over the weekend to try and make him look like he has a clue about anything. He will be careful to hide his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic self and present someone he is not to the audience. The bar is low and he is a con man. 

And this is terrifying in a way because I bet there will be many people who will fall for his act. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Whispering
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And this is terrifying in a way because I bet there will be many people who will fall for his act. 

No doubt. Remember, Hitler didn't cause alarm at first. 

Also, Republicans fall in line. They always do, no matter what. 

Born To Slay
8 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Trump won't lose it during the debate. He will wait until the week after and when he is in front of his base. His debate talk was determined to be at a fourth grade level. I imagine we will get the same build the wall, blah blah basic talk, but with a few facts he learned over the weekend to try and make him look like he has a clue about anything. He will be careful to hide his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic self and present someone he is not to the audience. The bar is low and he is a con man. 

Also, Lester Holt is probably going to be a pretty laid back moderator. 

Hillary better expose him then

Jennica
56 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm pretty sure she will. I mean, she actually has political experience, whether you like her or not, she's without a doubt more versed in political knowledge than he is. 

i think i read she has 30 or a little more debates under her belt! 

Whispering
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Hillary better expose him then

Pretty much impossible to do, with a pathological liar and gaslighter. Even media has pretty much given up. There are dozens of things he has said and done that would have killed any other candidates run immediately. This is why he would be so dangerous as leader of the free world. 

En_Sabah_Nur
Just now, Jennica said:

i think i read she has 30 or a little more debates under her belt! 

Yeah...  but NONE of them up against an opponent like Trump!  Smh  He is an anomaly for the century!!!  :ph34r:

Egypt. W

Goosey
13 minutes ago, Whispering said:

His debate talk was determined to be at a fourth grade level.

The Economist HATES Donald Trump. Yet even they admit his speech is extremely effective. They also mentioned the Flesch-Kincaid reading level...

"IT IS easy to make fun of the way Donald Trump uses the English language. His tweets tend to follow the same structure: two brief statements, then a single emotive word or phrase and an exclamation mark. (On June 12th, after the Orlando shootings: “We must be smart!”) He invents playground nicknames for his opponents (Little Marco, Lyin’ Ted, Crooked Hillary). His vocabulary is earthy: “big-league”, to describe how he would do things, or “schlonged”, for someone beaten badly. During the primary campaign, his swearing was so criticised that he promised to stop (and actually did).

How did this man become the presidential nominee of the party of Abraham Lincoln? He must be doing something right: after all, language is virtually all a politician has to wield influence with (handshakes and hugs aside). Something about the way he talks and writes swept more experienced politicians aside.

First, he keeps it simple. Journalists sometimes attack politicians for simple language, even going so far as to use a misleading scale used to estimate the difficulty of a reading passage in American schools. These critics say Mr Trump “uses the simple language of a ten-year-old”. But the “Flesch-Kincaid” reading-level test measures only the length of sentences and words, and says nothing about content. At worst, it measures exactly the wrong thing in political speech: short sentences containing common words are, all things being equal, a good thing. “Never use a long word when a short one will do,” Orwell wrote in “Politics and the English Language”. Simplicity is not stupidity; making language easy to apprehend is intrinsic to making it appealing. Countless psychological studies have shown that what is easy to process is seen as more truthful. “I’m going to build a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay for it” may be preposterous, but it is easy to understand, and the human brain, in its weakness, likes easy things.

Another Trump tactic is repetition. This, too, may be incorrectly seen as childish. Mr Trump does often say exactly the same thing several times in a row in a crude, hammer-blow fashion. But in more sophisticated guise, repetition is a venerable rhetorical tool. Mark Antony sarcastically repeats the taunt that Brutus is “an honourable man” after Brutus murders Caesar. Winston Churchill rallied Britain with, “We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets…” And the most beloved rhetorical repetition of the 20th century is the great refrain, “I have a dream.” Mr Trump is certainly no Martin Luther King, but he knows how to leave an audience remembering what he said.

Yet the most effective way Mr Trump beguiles his audience . . ." [oop, you gotta click the link now...]

Read more: http://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21700610-why-donald-trumps-rhetoricwith-apologies-orwellworks-so-well-double-plus-effective

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Yuuri
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Pretty much impossible to do, with a pathological liar and gaslighter. Even media has pretty much given up. There are dozens of things he has said and done that would have killed any other candidates run immediately. This is why he would be so dangerous as leader of the free world. 

Then she should do what she does best, which is listen(not to be sexist but Hillary is said to be a great listener*) to everything he says and use it against him. Kinda like she needs to take the upper route.