💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How is Closer so disgustingly successful?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
Just now, VANTABLACK said:

Did Gaga just steal halseys underboob look 

Halsey is the trend setter in 2016, of course :derpga:

HER IMPACT.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Me counting the amount of threads made by people who are SHOOK my Closer's success: 

tumblr_ocqv37UoR81ueqeo8o1_400.gif

It's so successful because it's a fun summer song that gets people in the mood. It's very catchy and it makes you feel like you're at the beach. Also makes you think about your lover. 

The haters can stay mad

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:207750?height=608&

In the mood for what? To have sex in the back seat of there car, that for some reason has a mattress that they stole  ????:huh:

ReidOne

I've been thinking about it a lot actually... Ever since the PI radio premiere and me listening to the radio for several hours waiting for PI and having to hear "Closer" like 20 million times... I've thought the following: 

- I F-CKING HATE IT. It's the worst cheese pop song I've ever heard. TERRIBLE production. TERRIBLE basic bitch melodies. GARBAGE.

- OK, but secretly, I kind of like it tho. It's a bop. The melody of those tacky instruments are LEGIT. It's filled with hooks. Even if the musical recording is bullshit. 

- The guy from Chainsmokers who does the vocals is actually cute. And he's got TONS of "Millennial appeal" with his cutie look / vocal delivery / overall style. 

- The lyrics actually tell an interesting story. I was really shocked about this one. But after the 19 millionth listen, I actually paid attention to what they were saying. And it's actually... kind of interesting: 

For those who haven't listened to the lyrics, the song is about a guy who randomly runs into his ex-gf at a bar and they end up driving back to her place to have sex... after several years apart, she's driving a Range Rover and he reads her by saying he knows she can't afford it... and provides the receipts by saying that they are hooking up on the same mattress that he knows she stole from her roommate back in Boulder, CO so many years ago.... and ultimately, the point of the song is that they are trying to relive their youth by hooking up again... "so baby pull me closer, we ain't ever getting older." In other words, they KNOW they are getting older, but they feel young again when they hook up and relive the past. 

Now for those of you who say, "how is that interesting" my answer is this... the song itself is so desperately crafted to appeal to teens. And the music could not be any more gimmicky, basic hooks. It's a cheese-fest. But when you listen to the lyrics, the song itself is actually about two adults trying to avoid growing up. Which gives the song a whole new dimension.

I can't believe I actually have this many thoughts about that song, lol. I'm embarrassed :poot:  :sharon: 

Morphine Prince
Just now, TheFame Monster said:

In the mood for what? To have sex in the back seat of there car, that for some reason has a mattress that they stole  ????

Yes

tumblr_ocnjeahxnS1qh9nffo1_500.gif

I think the reason why these musicans have hits but don't manage to generate even a tiny fanbase is because they put out generic songs hopping on all the possible trends, and Closer just so happened to hit the nail in the head with the current chill instagram trend. 

But the thing is, they donmt have integrity. They only want the hits, they don't have an identity, which leaves a very bad impression of the music industry as a whole.

My point is, we should be really happy and thankful that Gaga exists, and that she has true artistic integrity and does what she as an artist believes in. It's very important that we support these kinds of artists.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

because it's a simple and catchy sng that you can easily RELATE to

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

TheKillerQueen

Not going to lie... Closer is extremely catchy. Thats why.

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Eighteen

idk people be hating on the chill aspect but i like chill songs, i can't help it :D but i also like PI cause i love LG as a person 

ReidOne
Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

I can't listen to it without laughing whenever the electric kazoo starts playing

Right?!?!! You know the Chainsmokers are laughing all the way to the bank!!!!! I love it! 

JustPokeHerFace

I like it because of the story it's telling, Halsey's my 3rd fave and I like her verse, and I want a Range Rover, so yeah. I mean, it's one of the better #1s this year imo. Imagine if Gaga got blocked by Panda or something :air: 

Archived