❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
question

how important in a producer?

politicqxs

Featured Posts

Snow

I would say pretty important indeed. Though you have to think of producing in amore broad sence. If its "only" adding or refining beats and sounds etc, its not ALL that important. However in 99% cases they are part of The composing and are thats why credited as Such. Meaning they contribute by also creating melody lines, oblicatos, changing chords, harmonies, creating instrumentals or Instrumentation etc. Then they are indeed very important too!

(In Gaga's case too, she does not write and comopose her song entirely by herself. Most likely most ofmelodies, lyrics and some if not ALL of The basic chord structure. But absolutely she uses also other writers/producers to too to Finnish The song and even to really really write a song. And Don't even try to say she is just generous with credits, The ppl credited actually absolutely Take part in creating The song. She even her self have noted even during lg5 period of writing with various ppl. Still ofcourse Gaga is The main writer, no doubt about it.)

So in short, they are usually also songwriters hence important. But like said above, The most important thing is The basic/core song itself. It has to be able to work in its basic form too. No brilliant production can truly save a crappy song. 

Iwontell

I don't know in percentage how much it is, but it's very important.

Like, think of the song (melodies, rhythm and lyrics) as a room, and a room can have amazing features (lots of natural lighting, a nice fireplace, high ceilings, etc.), and the producer is the interior designer, who can either take it and turn it into something extraordinary (even by slightly altering some of the structure the room already had), or can end up getting in the way of the intrinsic good qualities the room has and make it look awful...

So, yeah, they matter a lot, specially if the goal is to achieve some level of commercial success...

That's why I'm happy that Gaga's working so closely with Ronson...say what you will, but he has good taste...oddly, Uptown Funk is the worst song in Uptown Special and ppl insist in judging him based on that track...but listen to Crack in the Pearl, Daffodils, Leaving Los Feliz, In Case of Fire...the production is glorious, despite some of the lyrics...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived