Beyoncé's LEMONADE: 94/100 on Metacritic

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer
5 minutes ago, Regiment said:

What do y'all do with those that criticize her? Send them to the camps?

hair-fix.jpg

No, I just ignore them. But then I don't generally encounter them on a Lady Gaga fan forum. Paws up, Little Hater. 

gaga-kiss.gif

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

yASSsss

1 minute ago, ROARyals said:

:(

No negativity on this site.Thank You

IT2LZ05.jpg

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Regiment
Just now, etron said:

No, I just ignore them. But then I don't generally encounter them on a Lady Gaga fan forum. Paws up, Little Hater. 

gaga-kiss.gif

eek ok

tumblr_inline_mi32zuHWHh1qz4rgp.gif

JustAnotherDay

It will probably go down, albums always start high but then one or two people give them bad reviews and it goes down. Regardless I thing it will probably get a pretty good score.

was NickARTPOP

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Just because she's Beyoncé.... 

and she has worked hard to become Beyoncé.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, ROARyals said:

and she has worked hard to become Beyoncé.

You're right. I love Slayonce/Baysus but 94.... 

myluis617

All the congratulations to her. I though dont think its that good. I feel like it sounds the same as her last album.  Im still listening to it to see if it will get it to sink in. 

Theres already rumors that she didnt give wrtiting credits to some guy. 

crisTEAne

40 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Fan since TF. Watched most of her interviews, saw all promo, etc. 

Went to art school and studied performance art, and am a performer. I know plenty about Warhol and what she meant by the reverse warholian experiment. She said she wanted to make art of pop music. IMO it had been done multiple times and much better than her attempt. Marina is incredible, would have loved to see Gaga incorporate more of her influence. Koons is just not that interesting to me, it is quite derivative of Warhol and the pop art movement, and doesn't seem to say very much on its own. Bob Wilson is amazing, would have loved to see more of his influence in her final product. 

SWINE was a song that dealt with the issues you stated, and was a very cool song indeed! I also loved the live performance.

i'm glad that you know your stuff.

40 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

(1) Overall, the album said very little of what she spoke of in interviews.

(2) The proof is in the pudding.

(3) It was a fun album, but not a masterpiece, and nowhere near as thought provoking or inspiring as Lemonade, or many other powerful albums.  

(4) ARTPOP just did not have the depth or emotional connection.

(5) It did not hold up a mirror to society and dare us to peer into our own souls. It was a fun album to dance and workout too, nothing wrong with that.

(1) that's why i said it was abstract.

(2) i don't necessarily agree with that.

(3) you should decide whether you're an artist or a critic first and foremost. value judgement is the latter's job. i never said that AP was a masterpiece; i just hate being called delusional when i'm only trying to articulate my thoughts. interpretations are meant to be fun. shitting on people, and on gaga's work, for doing that is not.

(4) i know plenty of people, on here and personally, who would disagree. there are people whose lives were changed by BTW. the same applies to AP. 

(5) it sure as hell hold up a mirror to the record industry. gaga's SXSW keynote speech and the ARTPOPian elements of the tidal speech prove that quite explicitly. 

before kayla kills us, let's agree to disagree. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived