💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

Does anyone know anything about Mix Nine final group contract? I mean, I find it quite difficult for the girls to win, but if they do and 2jin are in it (I think they were both in Top9 in the last ep.), will that affects LOONA debut? 

Mix Nine contracts are only 7 months right? So they'll expire around August time.

I can't see LOOΠΔ debuting until around October time = possibly for HeeJin's 2nd anniversary.

That'll still give 2Jin a few months to prepare for debut. No way would BBC half-ass their debut without two of the now most popular members.

Worst comes to worst they could always have an OEC comeback in between #12 / unit 3 and debut.

Edited by Taylor

fashion monster
3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I can't see LOOΠΔ debuting until around October time

For some reason I thought they were going to debut way sooner :duck:

Just now, fashion monster said:

For some reason I thought they were going to debut way sooner :duck:

I don't know - the project doesn't officially end until March time. 

Sure they could debut in April/May - but I wouldn't count on it until at least July.

Spoiler

PLEASE BBC cry.png I NEED TIME TO COLLECT THE THIRD UNIT'S CARDS  cry.png 

Also :flop: I actually have a LOOΠΔ savings account. God knows how many cards their gonna have after debut so better get ready to buy A LOT of albums :rip: 

• Like 1

Martijn
11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Mix Nine contracts are only 7 months right? So they'll expire around August time.

The group will debut in April, so their contract will last till October. But you're right, their schedules probably won't overlap if LOONA debuts that late.
Did you buy those custom photocards btw?

Edited by Martijn

1 minute ago, Martijn said:

Did you buy those custom photocards btw?

I'm still trying to think of how I want to space my cards out :/ I want to use them as fillers for my binder pages (like 9 cards per page, but I only want one album per page - which leaves like 4-6 blanks for some albums/pages).

I haven't really had time to think about it as January is a big work month for me - lots of individual tax return deadlines on top of all of the usual accounts deadlines for the month end and then business VAT returns due early February.

I'm actually just loading up my photocard spreadsheet now to try and see what I want to do. The first time I kinda planned it I wanted one card to have the album artwork, one to have the tracklist and one to have the album name.

But I'm not really sure anymore :rip: It's never going to be perfect since no page will have the same number of blank spaces. 

5 minutes ago, Martijn said:

The group will debut in April, so their contract will last till October. But you're right, their schedules probably won't overlap if LOONA debuts that late.

Plus it's YG, the group is never going to have a comeback anyways :toofunny: 

Martijn
12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm still trying to think of how I want to space my cards out :/ I want to use them as fillers for my binder pages (like 9 cards per page, but I only want one album per page - which leaves like 4-6 blanks for some albums/pages).

I haven't really had time to think about it as January is a big work month for me - lots of individual tax return deadlines on top of all of the usual accounts deadlines for the month end and then business VAT returns due early February.

I'm actually just loading up my photocard spreadsheet now to try and see what I want to do. The first time I kinda planned it I wanted one card to have the album artwork, one to have the tracklist and one to have the album name.

But I'm not really sure anymore :rip: It's never going to be perfect since no page will have the same number of blank spaces. 

Oh, I thought you wanted just one per album for the title/artwork. 
Yeah, then you'd definitely need a lot more than I thought.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Plus it's YG, the group is never going to have a comeback anyways :toofunny: 

Will they even debut at all? :giggle:

14 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Yeah, then you'd definitely need a lot more than I thought.

I'm kinda 50/50 about it cause it's gonna be so expensive :( 

Tbh, I maybe will just do one card per album and put it first and then just have the cards after it + blank spaces at the end. 

I just... I don't know :emma: 

:rip: BlockBerry over sold the LOOΠΔ study group, it sold out and they're now having to refund some people who bought tickets since there aren't enough seats for them :flop: 

Martijn
6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm kinda 50/50 about it cause it's gonna be so expensive :( 

Tbh, I maybe will just do one card per album and put it first and then just have the cards after it + blank spaces at the end. 

I just... I don't know :emma: 

Maybe you could fill the empty spaces with the teaser images? Or just leave the empty spots at the end like you said
And I know it it's kinda expensive, but since you're taking this collection so seriously it would be cool. 

On 17/01/2018 at 3:39 PM, Taylor said:

I actually hate YesAsia...

I bought something that (was supposed to) come with a bonus Blu-ray - which I paid extra for - but they sent the DVD version of the bonus disc. :flop:

I hope they can exchange them or something, but it says the Blu-ray with bonus disc is now out of stock. :grr: 

:rip: They offered me a refund of $170.00 :emma:

The item itself was only $73.00 lmao.gif Wtf? 

*accepts* :emma: 

Edit: And they said I could keep it too :toofunny: 

Edited by Taylor
  • Shook 1

12 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Maybe you could fill the empty spaces with the teaser images? Or just leave the empty spots at the end like you said
And I know it it's kinda expensive, but since you're taking this collection so seriously it would be cool. 

I think I just want them to all be the same - I don't know if I posted pictures before of my kinda mock ups I made with address labels and business cards? :emma:

But, for example Taeyeon's I - in the top row I had three cards, two were plain pink (same as the album cover) and the middle one had the "I" logo with "TAEYEON" underneath. Then the three actual cards in the middle, and the bottom row had album artwork > artist name/album name > tracklist.

Ideally I'd like them all to be similar to that - but that would only work for albums with 3 cards. I wouldn't mind having only one "picture card" - I.e. the one with the album logo, but that would still mean sets with more than 5 cards wouldn't fit.

So I think I need to create a template for how I would want to lay things out for sets of all sizes. I think for cards I actually have (not including the ones I plan on collecting too) the most cards per set is 10 - so not all of those are going to fit on one binder page anyways :rip: So I'd probably split them into two pages of 5 (since there are 5 members x 2 cards per member).

14 minutes ago, Martijn said:

That sounds very time consuming, but that would look so cool!

I might have posted this already - like last year? The kinda mock-up cards I made :emma:  (Taeyeon's "I" artwork card is missing cause I mucked up putting the sticker on the card lmao)

Spoiler

lrqcT98.jpgNsL6qBf.jpgdm06lHM.jpgnGu4Pqs.jpg1nEeaAg.jpgdIm6Gs0.jpg

Edited by Taylor

Martijn
5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I might have posted this already - like last year? The kinda mock-up cards I made :emma:  (Taeyeon's "I" artwork card is missing cause I mucked up putting the sticker on the card lmao)

Reveal hidden contents

lrqcT98.jpgNsL6qBf.jpgdm06lHM.jpgnGu4Pqs.jpg1nEeaAg.jpgdIm6Gs0.jpg

OMG YEEEEESSSSS! I love how that looks!

I do think it looks fine as is tho, using moo for cards with only text on it feels like a bit of a waste. I feel like you won't see much quality difference between your own and moo's printer with only text.