Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Nile Rodgers: 'It Was All About Art'

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

How did the David Bowie tribute come together and when you were tapped to appear?
So Gaga was set to perform on the Grammys because she was nominated for one of her songs. The song she did for a film with Diane Warren ["Til It Happens to You"]. Then when David passed away, right away — because David is probably her single greatest influence as an artist — she said she'd like to do a tribute to Bowie. I don't know if she was met with a lot of resistance or not, but when it was decided that the Grammys were going to do a tribute to Bowie and she was going to be the person to do it, she then called me because she knew my relationship with David.

What did it mean for you to participate in this tribute?
David's last words to me were in a film tribute that he did to me. It was just a sort of a congratulatory little film that he sent to me and it was just the sweetest thing. My charity, the We Are Family Foundation, were honoring me as the humanitarian of the year and David couldn't make it because Iman, his wife, was getting an award the exact same day 3,000 miles away in San Francisco. He was the person I chose to honor me, and he did this film for me with this speech that was wonderful, and so this was my way of thanking a person that really changed my life, because prior to doing "Let's Dance," I was persona non grata in the rock & roll business. It was after "Disco Sucks," and I don't say this in an egotistical way, but the only Number One record I had was with Diana Ross in 1980. I mean, prior to 1980, we were knocking out Number One records like dominoes! "Freak Out," "Good Times," "One True Love" and "We Are Family" are just coming left and right.

Then after "Disco Sucks," I had to reevaluate my career and I didn't get any success until Bowie in 1982. Now that sounds really corny, but when you're young, and you have no success for two years after everything you had done was successful, it feels like, "Oh, my God, my life is over!" Then the next thing you know, I did "Let's Dance" and then ran through a string of Number Ones. I had Duran Duran right after that; I had Like a Virgin, the biggest album of my life right after that.

Read a lot more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nile-rodgers-on-lady-gagas-grammy-bowie-tribute-it-was-all-about-art-20160216?page=4

For TIHTY I don't see how could she use INTEL things tho?

TheFame Monster

She probably was going to wear the butterfly dress. But I don't know because with TIHTY she's always at the piano?

MonsterMum

The butterflies make a lot of sense now. The dress, the background when she performed it at Woman of the Year thing. Good job of twisting it up tho in such a short amount of time.

Kermit

:air::air: She was really going to perform Til It Belongs To You?

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Gagadonna
5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Maybe she will wear the Butterfly dress at the Oscars :nick:

She may. Is it at the oscars that Jlo wore a light dress??

Duella Dvil
9 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Can someone explain the butterfly thing and why it makes sense now? thats lots of reading.

It really isn't tho :awkney: 

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Blue Jeans
13 minutes ago, DominicB said:

:air::air: She was really going to perform Til It Belongs To You?

Mxr1bRo.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Kermit
5 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Mxr1bRo.gif

12714309_1558692874448912_1715205891_n.j

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Archived