Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Oscars whitewashed for a second year in a row

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

DrewStevens

Hollywood is already whitewashed so the Oscars don't have many choices already when they have to choose 5 people from a group of 50 or more. 

The industry needs more diversity but the Oscars just reflect what happens in Hollywood. It's not like they had many choices.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA
40 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

This is like the Hunger Games tbh. Just mention the word black and watch people flock...The true people who know anything about racism and unfair treatment are those who live it everyday, who hear the hate mongering spat at them for existing. 

Award Shows do nothing but inflate the egos of the celebrity, this is not about colour of skin its about who has the most money and whose story do they want to sell the best. 

I am not saying she is buying her awards but it is funny how Gaga went from HUGE to a "flop" and now she is winning awards again. And she is Italian, ( she is European not american by blood),... to me its more interesting  to see the reason why those who win are winning it. 

Those who win, are winning them based on their talent and merit of the thing they are awarded for, stupid untrue Conspiracies about 'buying awards' or being based on ethnicity are nothing short of degrading and damaging to the people who have put a lot of effort in to be recognised by these award ceremonies only to have imbeciles come up with these theories afterwords, the reason anyone wins an award like these is because they deserve to, no other reason.

LebaneseDude
53 minutes ago, Jonna Lee said:

wtf are u trying to say that affirmative action is a problem and those who benefit from it dont deserve to get into college :toofunny: let me redirect you here

and i was not saying that the oscars should give to people who dont deserve it (although they did, as many mediocre films that were panned by critics were nominated), im just saying that people who point out that all the actors nominated this year are white shouldnt be demonized

I edited it already. I don't blame you for taking it out of context, even though the meaning was blatantly clear. The term "affirmative action" is used whenever candidates are selected for anything, whether it be education, employment, or otherwise. 

3c690bebb8775754533eef4dc52a086f.gif

"Affirmative action decisions are generally not supposed to be based on quotas, nor are they supposed to give any preference to unqualified candidates."

Just because there should be more diversity, doesn't imply that unqualified candidates should receive anything in the name of diversity nor should there be a "quota" of how many awards minority-affiliated actors receive before the organization is deemed racist.

Get a grip. If all minority-affiliated actors neither shined, nor got into good movies (or many movies at all), then it's not the fault of the Oscars but that of the movie industry and even then that's debatable.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

homomo
2 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

I fear that this is why See You Again wasn't nominated tbh

The Weeknd is nominated tho

LORD GAGA
3 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

I fear that this is why See You Again wasn't nominated tbh

Well fear no more, because its not :emma:

Mr Ricky

4 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

e26a1a00-38a5-0133-478d-0a2ca390b447.gif

What are you trying to prove? Just quoting the people who are just making a point in why the Oscars could not have choosen a black person for nomination? Ok then... 

I guess I'll use a proper .gif in order to settle things the right way. 

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

Crossfit

Funny to see that all the people saying it's not a big thing are white... You really don't know about it sorry :wtf:
I'm not telling it's racism coming from Oscar board, but it shows that black/asian/mexican actors have really great difficulties to get Awards worthy roles. 
And that's a shame ...

Sizzily
4 hours ago, Majora said:

I can't wait to read this whole thread later when I'm on the toilet 

That's exactly where this thread belongs.

One Banned Boi

Redstreak
5 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

Gurl why did you quote me in this? :poordat:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Didymus
7 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

Why not reply to the arguments instead, though? I brought some good ones, especially.

Didymus
1 hour ago, Glory said:

I'm not telling it's racism coming from Oscar board, but it shows that black/asian/mexican actors have really great difficulties to get Awards worthy roles. 
And that's a shame ...

100%.

But there's a HUGE difference between thàt and saying the Oscars are whitewashed. Esp. when this year a black man is hosting :rip:

Okay, instead of using the race card, provide me the movies in which black actors did an outstanding job. :) I'll watch them. And can someone also provide a few movies that whites were nominated for? I'm interested.

Archived