Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Ruby Rose faces backlash on Twitter after writing about Lebanon and Syria

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

Ruby Rose has defended herself against an angry backlash on Twitter after urging fans to "pray for the entire world" following bombings in Lebanon and Syria amid theattacks in Paris.

The Orange Is the New Black star joined countless other users in condemning the attacks in the French capital and sharing details of foreign embassies and helplines.

But she was later accused of being "disrespectful" after mentioning bombings in Lebanon and Syria, with some saying she was detracting from what had happened in Paris.

Writing on her official page, Ruby wrote: "Wow! Guys my pray for the world post is not taking away from Paris. It's about the other incidents today #paris #syria #lebanon."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ruby-rose-faces-backlash-twitter-6833436

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Serendipity

I'm so disappointed in the people who think lives in Middle East don't matter

She never said those who died in France are less valued, she meant that terrorism should be curbed

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

RAMROD

This is madness, everyone that died last night are all humans and deserve to be commemorated!! :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I fail to understand why it is so bad to tweet #AllLivesMatter but tweeting #PrayForTheWorld isn't

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

DiamondAngel

I don't understand people who hate pray for everyone and all lives matter, the latter being especially controversial. No one is trying to distract from anything. Just bring attention to all issues. 

Iwontell

Yep...but this what happens on the internet: ppl fill in blanks for you they weren't supposed to, cuz there were no blanks to be filled...she didn't say that ppl who died in Paris aren't valuable or anything, all she said is that innocent ppl who died in other places are equally valuable, which is a notion that only a crazy person would chalange...

I saw this here on GGD just yesterday! Ppl couldn't say "an extremist islamic group did this", cuz someone would jump out of nowhere saying "not all muslims are terrorist", when that hadn't been said or even implied at all...there's an abyss between the two phrases...

Ppl on the internet should exercise a bit of "ok, is this really what's being said here...or is it just how I'm reading it based on the personal hang ups and issues I'm chained to?"...I fell ppl are either too eager to be noticed (like people who take PC so to the core it just becomes authentic denial) or just completely unaware of themselves...

Anyway, she did nothing wrong...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Evan Peters

i hate how everything is a competition. you talk about paris, you clearly don't care about the bombings that happen everyday in syria. you talk about syria, you clearly don't care about paris. it's so annoying and tiring.

i seriously saw someone say that people care more about paris because of all the white people, as if there aren't ****ing reports about syria and the middle east every damn day. it's like no matter what you do, you're still somehow racist and don't about the oppressed.

emma roberts is an abuser

Haroon

It's not taking away from anything, the fact of the matter is there were multiple horrible events yesterday and her post covers them all. People seem to be getting upset/angry because she didn't solely focus on the one that they seem to care about most :S 

Mobster
17 minutes ago, Red said:

I fail to understand why it is so bad to tweet #AllLivesMatter but tweeting #PrayForTheWorld isn't

Because #BlackLivesMatter started as a result of the government basically condoning police brutallity against black people. #AllLivesMatter was unnecessary because society has never ignored the lives of white people as it has with black people... There were no news about white lives not being taken seriously at that time ...#AllLivesMatter was basically used by people who wanted to diminish the importance of the US citizens recognizing the atrocity of these criminal acts... 

#PrayForTheWorld on the other hand, is a result of many attacks in different places of the world, that happened at the same time... It doesn't discredit any other prayer... 

That being said, I find that use of the emoji and the "Let's be honest" kind of tactless

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Just now, hmlswine said:

Because #BlackLivesMatter started as a result of the government basically condoning police brutallity against black people. #AllLivesMatter was innecessary because society has never ignored the lives of white people as it has with black people... There were no news about white lives not being taken seriously at that time ...#AllLivesMatter was basically used by people who wanted to diminish the importance of the US citizens recognizing the atrocity of these criminal acts... 

#PrayForTheWorld on the other hand, is a result of many attacks in different places of the world, that happened at the same time... It doesn't discredit any other prayer... 

That being said, I find that use of the emoji and the "Let's be honest" kind of tactless

I think praying for the world is too generic and it does create a feeling like "there are some bad things happening in *insert place in the world that is facing issues that have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism*, why are not paying attention to it??" and in this context it is just as bad as tweeting #AllLivesMatter. But if you are using #PrayForTheWorld in a sense of praying for the areas affected by terrorism is okay. I think a hashtag like #PrayForPeace or something would be better.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Mobster
5 minutes ago, Red said:

I think praying for the world is too generic and it does create a feeling like "there are some bad things happening in *insert place in the world that is facing issues that have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism*, why are not paying attention to it??" and in this context it is just as bad as tweeting #AllLivesMatter. But if you are using #PrayForTheWorld in a sense of praying for the areas affected by terrorism is okay. I think a hashtag like #PrayForPeace or something would be better.

Yes, I agree... It really depends on how it is phrased... It doesn't bother me when someone tweets #PrayForTheWorld in that sense... But when people feel the need to correct your #PrayForParis with their #PrayForTheWorld, I think it becomes an insincere competition... 

That's why I thought her "Let's be honest" was kind of tactless

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

That's so messed up. It's not like she's saying that the things in Paris don't matter because of all the other problems. It's so ironic how those people call her disrespectful or ignorant when she's just telling the truth - those same things happen in other parts of world too. As if the lives in Paris were more valuable... :ph34r:

monsterdreams

Of course the Paris attacks are tragic 

also are the ones in the middle East 

no innocent person deserves to die 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

butterflygxn

#alllivesmatter is disrespectful because it's used in the context of taking away the voice of oppressed groups who used things like #blacklivesmatter to highlight their suffering, talking about the attacks in lebanon and syria as well as paris is a way of bringing attention to them, attention that wasn't properly given to them by the media or the public, and is saying that everyone's lives matter, no matter where they're from 

Brooke Candy
14 minutes ago, Red said:

Only ignorant people think this tbh. There's literally nothing wrong with saying #PrayingForTheWorld; praying for every victim of terrorism. 

'#PrayForPeace is better', as if people who tweet #PrayForTheWorld don't care about world peace...gurl bye.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Archived