💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Boy George praises Lady Gaga, Talks Madonna comparison.

fucbjk

Featured Posts

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

Madonna fans trying to close the thread I see. They cant tolerate Legends praising Gaga :saladga:

Yanko

I don't even wanna do this anymore, but everybody gets the point, few madonna fans always coming in every thread and causing a mess and these "fights".

because people make indirect jabs at them , at the evil "madonna stans" 

which i've experienced here as well

8be5ead6.gif

Bradley

omg :lmao: 

i knew that u would come here,and defend  :lmao: 

maybe its time that u stay true to ur words and do what u tell others to do-Go Outside :awkney: 

VNtppRx.png

Now let's wait for Didymus to show up. :sharon:

OT: Queen of music, you deserve the praise! Slay dem Gagz!

Phoenix

because people make indirect jabs at them , at the evil "madonna stans" 

which i've experienced here as well

8be5ead6.gif

It's not at them. Even with my first post here I called her immature, yes, and I stand behind that I do think that, that's just my opinion on her, nothing towards her fans or something that should be taken personally by them, idk. :shrug;

💎

Yanko

It's not at them. Even with my first post here I called her immature, yes, and I stand behind that I do think that, that's just my opinion on her, nothing towards her fans or something that should be taken personally by them, idk. :shrug;

"Talent wins in the end. Sorry Madge stans! "

second post with 10+ likes members ganging up  on evil "madonna stans" 

• Haroon locked this topic
Haroon

Locking for a while because this has gotten too heated again despite a verbal warning earlier to stay on topic and not go for members personally. If we can't discuss properly then we won't discuss at all :emma: 

Warning points will be given for off-topic posts and personal jabs at other members. This isn't the place to duke it out with whichever members you may have problems with. Put them on your ignore list and report posts that break the rules :rip: 

edit: Unlocked now, please bare the verbal warning in mind otherwise this thread may just be locked indefinitely :ohno:

• Haroon unlocked this topic
Himeros26

Theatrical definition :

of, for, or relating to acting, actors, or the theater, exaggerated and excessively dramatic. - These elements are all found in the Blond Ambition Tour & The Girlie Show. The Blond Ambition Tour was also hailed and credited for bringing the idea of theatrical performances mixed with dramatic costume changes and provocations divided into sections as a form of artistic expression. The Monster Ball was clearly influenced by that tour : the same pattern of sections and themes, similar dialogues, religious references..etc. But what I'm trying to say is that it's okay because Gaga managed to add her own alternatives and personality to what she does.

Madonna and Gaga both like the theatrical aspects of pop. Just because they had dialogue and maybe a plot doesn't mean the Monsterball was looking at Blonde Ambition. The only thing that really resembles is the fact fhat they follow a format similar to an opera/musical.

However you misunderstood what I originally said. Heorge said Gaga is a good theatrical vocalist. Madonna's vocals are NOWHERE near theatrical lmao. That's what I was saying

Riot Poof

... Anyways...

I'm glad that more and more people are seeing Gaga as someone more than just a "Madonna clone." Gaga's artistry and voice cannot be contained in the dance-pop genre. I'm grateful that the Cheek to Cheek era happened. I just hope that Gaga continues to explore other genres. It just doesn't make sense for her next album to be mostly dance-pop again. I'm praying for a legit jazzpunk song. :pray:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Jjang

Madonna and Gaga both like the theatrical aspects of pop. Just because they had dialogue and maybe a plot doesn't mean the Monsterball was looking at Blonde Ambition. The only thing that really resembles is the fact fhat they follow a format similar to an opera/musical.

However you misunderstood what I originally said. Heorge said Gaga is a good theatrical vocalist. Madonna's vocals are NOWHERE near theatrical lmao. That's what I was saying

The patterns of both tours in terms of themes and sections are literally identical. The substance is very similar, but Gaga managed to add her own alterations and personality, that's why she can't be bashed for taking inspiration from Madonna. The problem with most Madonna wannabes throughout the years is that they all took everything from Madonna and added nothing themselves, that however, is not the case with Gaga ; she's one of the very few that managed to create her own thing with that base. Again, unabashedly.

And I disagree on that as well, Madonna might not be the strongest vocalist, but she's a great interpreter, she has the ability to tell a story and convey the right emotions.

Watch this video 

TimisaMonster

Basically praising gaga for her musical maturity and calling Madonna out on her immaturity

:teehee:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

DeleteMyAccount

It's interesting because of few years ago I was talking to my high school art teacher about Gaga and her longevity.  He mentioned Madonna and how she sort of went into a conservative era in her own career and how Gaga would be smart to do something like that.  Kind of cool how he predicted that.  Maybe I should ask him when LG5 is coming out..

lavenderblondee

I completely agree with what he said. Of course there will be components, but it isn't a rip off or she wasn't trying to be Madonna at all.

giskardsb

Very nice of him to say.

However, I am still pressed from when he claimed that her pop music sounded like "Calvin Harris or David Guetta." Because, no. It doesn't. :excuseu:

and thank god it doesn't because I basically hate the work of those guys. 

• Jase locked this topic

Archived