Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does Gaga butcher her songs on tour?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

I wish Gaga would just perform all of the songs in full from the current album she's touring. I always thought it was ridiculous that she performs certain past singles in full like bad romance and then shorten most of the songs from her current album. It's really bizarre and don't get me wrong I'd much prefer to see Bad Romance in full than any song on ARTPOP because I'm not a fan of that album but I'd at least think she'd perform the album in all its glory for the fans that want to see ARTPOP live in full. At the same time I think she wants to perform the many hits for the fans that never got to see those songs live. I don't know I just hope the next tour doesn't have a sloppy setlist like her previous two tours. She needs to cut telephone, paparazzi and alejandro off the set list already. If I were her the only hits I would perform for the next tour is just dance, poker face, bad romance and the edge of glory since those songs were career defining moments for her. 

Born This Way and Applause too

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Not really because she never performed the bridge of donatella. 

I regard the song as a full song because 80% of the song was presented to us.

Alien Tulip

Born This Way and Applause too

I forgot about those songs but yeah it makes sense. It'd be nice to see her perform all of those hits in full along with the new album which has 15 songs. She could perform 21 songs in full instead of having like 26 songs that are all shortened. I understand the hip situation but like she doesn't need to dance in all of her songs. There's nothing wrong with just performing behind a mic. That's why the monster ball 1.0 is my favorite gaga concert I've attended because she danced in some songs and then other songs she just sang and the theatrics weren't too cheesy like they are now. 

Robotboy

i do find it annoying that she butchered the new songs :duck: but her old hits.. i dont care, she could split them all up in medleys.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

CannaeDrive

That title in OP is misleading, please change for "shortened".

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Alien Tulip

I regard the song as a full song because 80% of the song was presented to us.

I remember when Gaga wouldnt DARE perform 80 percent of the songs she was performing during her tours. 

Haroon

I wouldn't go as far as to say butchered :omg: Yeah shortened and so on to fit as many as possible I guess, but then I don't understand why the piano section extends for so long, I'd rather the other songs have been made fuller :sweat: 

Better Day

That title in OP is misleading, please change for "shortened".

they are the same word

Together You And I!

the artrave (2 hours) was better that the born this way ball tbh.
At the BTWB We had the songs in full and it was really HARD to stay during the whole show. Somewhere around fashion of his love my legs started hurting and it was a challenge to be on my feet for the whole show. And it's not just me, a lot of people I know think the same.
I prefer the butchered ones, that way I can enjoy them and I don't have to worry about fainting from over exhaustion 

Fiona Apple

I forgot about those songs but yeah it makes sense. It'd be nice to see her perform all of those hits in full along with the new album which has 15 songs. She could perform 21 songs in full instead of having like 26 songs that are all shortened. I understand the hip situation but like she doesn't need to dance in all of her songs. There's nothing wrong with just performing behind a mic. That's why the monster ball 1.0 is my favorite gaga concert I've attended because she danced in some songs and then other songs she just sang and the theatrics weren't too cheesy like they are now. 

Yeah I totally agree with that

Tumblr

That really annoyed me at my show, I also didn't really like how she played like 2 Cheek2Cheek songs in full when she shortened the ARTPOP songs :deadbanana:

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

CannaeDrive

they are the same word

Shortened=/=butchered

This is pretty much basic grammar

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Torsoface

I find it very annoying, and I think especially GP thinks the same. "OH YAS SHE'S SINGING THE EDGE OF GLORY!!! --- What the **** why didn't she sing it??? Judas already??? Well I like this song too JUDA JUDAA! --- WTF NOW ANOTHER SONG WHAT IS THIS BITCH DOING" 

Gaga is the only artist I know that does this. Marina always sings songs in full or extended versions of them and so does Katy and Miley. I'd rather hear 20 songs in full than 25 songs shortened

Lady Palutena

I thought by "butchered" you meant she "messes them up" like her vocals don't sound exactly like the studio version. :emma:

I wouldn't say the songs are "butchered" more like "truncated" to fit the time limit she has. It's not really uncommon for singers to do this. 

A theory I have is that although Gaga wants to perform as many songs as ahe can, Interscope pays for her to perform and I suppose they want to keep as much money as possible so they restrict her to a time limit and she works with that. Or the venue has other engagements and must accommodate them as well as her. :shrug:

If I'm not mistaken, the only singer I've ever seen sing a full live complete set of songs is Selena and her concert was about 45 minutes. 

zvaRSEA.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Archived