💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Is ARTPOP a dark album?

Gaga Ate My Ass

Featured Posts

Gaga Ate My Ass

Aura, venus, guy, s-x dreams, do what u want, ARTPOP, mary jane holland, swine, gypsy, dope, donatella and applause are dark songs. Would u deem ARTPOP as a dark album? 

yes tbh. it's heavy and dark at some points.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Lassex

Yeah, kind of :laughga: ARTPOP is... explosive and angry. It seems bright, but it explodes into something crazy. It's definetely not a happy album. Others might say it's not dark but I don't agree with that. Of course there are some songs with positive energy too :shrug:

PartySick

It has some darker undertones but over all it's a colorful and bright album.

warhol killer

Swine and Dope are dark. Yes it is. Since she said the album is a celebration of her pain exploding in electronic music.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Swan Heart

Yes. It's dark in it's core.

Gaga has channeled all her pain and sadnees in the album and I feel like she tried to kind of.. make fun of it all and make it into a happy, dance pop record.. but she failed.  Intentionally or not, I don't know. And this makes it even more sad. It's raw, tragic, almost heartbroken. Songs like Aura and Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Dope just leave me emotionally confused.. Even the acoustic version of Applause sounds almost like a tragedy.

There's just something really off with the album. It's quite depressing

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived