💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour - DVD coming soon!

EdX

Pick your favourite Madonna concert tour!  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which Madonna's tour did you like the most?

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition Tour
    • The Girlie Show Tour
    • Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention Tour
    • Confessions Tour
    • Sticky and Sweet Tour
    • MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour

Featured Posts

Duella Dvil

Do you think the setlist may change as the tour progresses? I'm really irritated that Ghosttown wasn't included. It's probably my favorite song on the album, and I mean, it *was* a single after all. It's much more appropriate for this tour than Candy Shop which no one besides Madge gives a $hit about.

Also, a lot of people keep talking about the high prices. My tickets were fairly cheap. Granted, they're balcony seats, but still, they weren't anywhere near the $300-500 I see people talking about.

I'm going to the Atlanta show which was moved to one of the last dates, and I'm just wondering if there will be any significant changes between now and then. Right now, I'm just very disappointed in the setlist overall. That being said, what I've seen so far does make me excited.

You are going on the 20th too?!?!?!?!?!?!?

www.instagram.com/theduella666

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AmenTheNight

I really hope she adds stuff to the setlist :) She has a lot of energy left at the end of the show, just look at her during UB and Holiday.

PopBitch

That's because Confessions, S&S and MDNA were insanely choreographed and timed. She's like an athlete, she comes in, focusses and gets the job done. Madonna did a 45 second wardrobe change in the Confessions Tour every single night at the end of the show. After two hours of intense performing and countless costume changes everything was changed again and this time without video interlude to give her two or three minutes no. Everything changed, shoes, stockings, leotard, belt and sunglasses. Then she had 8 seconds to run from the pitt up the stairs to make it in time for the grand finale, Hung Up. Would you be up for a chat with the audience after or during that? There WAS audience interaction, not as much as there seems to be now, but there definitely were great moments during every show on all the past tours.

Confessions is the best pop tour I've ever been to.  It was brilliant and Madonna is so compelling on stage.  I never left thinking she was cold.  It was like there was a magnetic force field around Madonna that draws you into her.  I felt the same way on the Re-Invention Tour.  Her performance is what she gives the audience and it is not robotic and is giving her all.  There is a magnetism Madonna has performing and who she is that is so hard to describe, without seeing. She's not perfect and has had her flat moments, but the highs with her are so amazing. 

The problem with MDNA tour is its momentum was up and down, and it was mostly stadium shows.  Sound can always be a problem at open stadium shows, but also you need a show that can make 30 to 50,000 feel engaged.  While all of those much closer probably loved her MDNA show, I think many casual way back didn't feel the energy of the show enough in parts of it.  That was selfishness on Madonna's part not to think of that when doing her setlist.  A few changes would have made all the difference because so many of the songs were fantastic as performed. U2's 360 tour really tried to be that to those massive crowds in stadiums, which is so hard to do. 

iloveit123

Yes, all of her shows DO have amazing must-watch moments, even MDNA (I love the second half of MDNA a lot). Queen of touring!!

AmenTheNight

I'm surprised at the comments towards the MDNA Tour ... I thought it was well-loved by the fanbase. I wish I attended it :(

I mean, the epic Girl Gone Wild intro, the whole 1st act, the cheerleader choreo for GMAYL, the fierce performance of Vogue, the emotional rendition of Like A Virgin, I'm Addicted, the showstopper that is Like A Prayer, and the best ending of her career with Celebration ... I didn't even like MDNA, but you gotta admit that the tour was a true piece of art ! The energy of the tour seemed out of this world.

I mean, the epic Girl Gone Wild intro, the whole 1st act, the cheerleader choreo for GMAYL, the fierce performance of Vogue, the emotional rendition of Like A Virgin, I'm Addicted, the showstopper that is Like A Prayer, and the best ending of her career with Celebration ...

This.

PopBitch

I'm surprised at the comments towards the MDNA Tour ... I thought it was well-loved by the fanbase. I wish I attended it :(

I mean, the epic Girl Gone Wild intro, the whole 1st act, the cheerleader choreo for GMAYL, the fierce performance of Vogue, the emotional rendition of Like A Virgin, I'm Addicted, the showstopper that is Like A Prayer, and the best ending of her career with Celebration ... I didn't even like MDNA, but you gotta admit that the tour was a true piece of art ! The energy of the tour seemed out of this world.

I agree that it had some defining moments.  But for a stadium and for an audience also full of casual fans in support of a mediocre album, she should have thrown in a couple more get on your feet to the back of the stadium songs.  Artistically it was impressive.  Like a Virgin would probably have been better suited to smaller venues than stadiums for that cabaret feel, very slowed down performance.  Artistically I was also impressed by it.

I'm Addicted was breathtaking as far as I'm concerned.  Celebration, one of my favorite closers also.  And I thought Human Nature was amazing.  I thought it spoke so much in her performance that people are uncomfortable with her s-xuality in her 50s and thought unbuttoning her shirt and sliding down of her pants was a huge artistic statement and really ended Human Nature fantastically.  That whole Human Nature segment was the Madonna with masculine energy that I love.  So strong.  I loved her outfit and the cane, and the mirrors.

The opening was stunning.  I hate Gimme All Your Luvin but the arrangement and choreography was riveting and she brought it live.  A few more moments like Express Yourself would have made it one of her best concerts of all time if she had taken out a couple of her weak songs and kept the audience engaged  or performed Hung-Up right, not autotuned to death.

AmenTheNight

I agree that it had some defining moments.  But for a stadium and for an audience also full of casual fans in support of a mediocre album, she should have thrown in a couple more get on your feet to the back of the stadium songs.  Artistically it was impressive.  Like a Virgin would probably have been better suited to smaller venues than stadiums for that cabaret feel, very slowed down performance.  Artistically I was also impressed by it.

I'm Addicted was breathtaking as far as I'm concerned.  Celebration, one of my favorite closers also.  And I thought Human Nature was amazing.  I thought it spoke so much in her performance that people are uncomfortable with her s-xuality in her 50s and thought unbuttoning her shirt and sliding down of her pants was a huge artistic statement and really ended Human Nature fantastically.  That whole Human Nature segment was the Madonna with masculine energy that I love.  So strong.  I loved her outfit and the cane, and the mirrors.

The opening was stunning.  I hate Gimme All Your Luvin but the arrangement and choreography was riveting and she brought it live.  A few more moments like Express Yourself would have made it one of her best concerts of all time if she had taken out a couple of her weak songs and kept the audience engaged  or performed Hung-Up right, not autotuned to death.

Throw some MDNA/2nd tier songs out (I'm A Sinner/I Don't Give A/Candy Shop/Masterpiece/Love Spent) for some more banging songs (Lucky Star/Dress You Up or Burning Up/Into The Groove/Frozen/Ray Of Light) + Hung Up studio version, and you have the perfect tour ...

But of course it was the MDNA Tour, so the show supporting the album would have to deal with some messy songs hahaha

PopBitch

Throw some MDNA/2nd tier songs out (I'm A Sinner/I Don't Give A/Candy Shop/Masterpiece/Love Spent) for some more banging songs (Lucky Star/Dress You Up or Burning Up/Into The Groove/Frozen/Ray Of Light) + Hung Up studio version, and you have the perfect tour ...

But of course it was the MDNA Tour, so the show supporting the album would have to deal with some messy songs hahaha

Never Masterpiece or Love Spent.  I'm A Sinner definitely.

Riot Poof

Lemme give my thoughts on the MDNA Tour since y'all are talking about it now. My issue with the setlist was that most of the oldies were major hits (and some of those hits were already performed on her previous tour). I wish she had balanced it out with some lesser-known hits/minor hits. Perhaps people will disagree with me, but I don't think that Madonna should be the type of artist to constantly repeat songs when it comes to tours. She has a lot of hits! What I like about this tour is that Madonna went for the lesser-known hits like "True Blue" and "Who's That Girl." I'm not sold on how some of these songs were executed tho.

In response to Madonna being "cold" during previous tours, I never thought she was cold. If anything, she was probably just very focused and determined.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

androiduser

The show is perfect as it is

well, of course a fan would say that, but to an average person, some changes would be welcome

Gaga Monster

Can't believe I am seeing this tour in a week! Will defiantly post videos here to show you!

GGD Presidential Elections

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived