💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga wears Kimono @ Chinese themed event

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

Because nobody stays at the top forever, you know.

And when that day finally come, that is what I will call Karma. :fan:

​We learn't that the heard way, didnt we?

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

​We learn't that the heard way, didnt we?

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

No, even Whitney, MJ and Elvis had their moments. :sharon:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

giskardsb

the fact is both Monsters and Katy Kats argue about stupid **** in the name of "stanning".  Both sides need to quit.

Rat Boy

the fact is both Monsters and Katy Kats argue about stupid **** in the name of "stanning".  Both sides need to quit.

​Well said.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Bebe

​This isn't really about Gaga/Katy. At least that's not my interpretation of it.

This is a thread about cultural appropriation in the media. This thread claims that Gaga is wearing a Kimono, a Japanese garment, to a Chinese event. The argument is that this should be offensive and appropriation. Users here are pointing out it's not a Kimono but a Hanfu which is Chinese.

The OP referenced another notable case in which Katy was criticised, trying to draw parallels. Therefore users here have explained the differences between the two.

Katy's Geisha performance at the AMA awards is probably the most notable instance of cultural appropriation of Asian culture. That's why it's being brought out.

I don't think this thread is a Gaga vs Katy thread at all unless you are looking through the lense of a stan war.

Whispering

Mods- this is exactly the kind of thread I'm talking about. THIS IS GAGADAILY. Why are users trying to "clock" gaga and her fans on her message board? Not only that, but the OP doesn't even make sense seeing as how she's not even wearing a Kimono.  

:yes:

Exactly! This is a perfect example!

But what Gaga's doing right now is no different than what Katy did at the AMA awards yet you all scold her.

explain please

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​Katy didn't get invited to a Japanese themed AMAs 

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

lego

Mods- this is exactly the kind of thread I'm talking about. THIS IS GAGADAILY. Why are users trying to "clock" gaga and her fans on her message board? Not only that, but the OP doesn't even make sense seeing as how she's not even wearing a Kimono.  

You need to say that here tbh

FreePalestine

Supersonic

I'm not saying that its racist. I'm just saying that it could be interpreted as "racist"  because of whatever reason. No white girl is supposed to be in traditional Asian attire regardless (this is what culturally educated people think not me)

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​But how is this a traditional attire? It's black like the night, has a bazillion rhinestones & feathers on it with a cat suit underneath.

The only things slightly alluding to chinese traditional attire are the arms of the jacket. Tbh, any slightly sophisticated human being is able to see that this is not a traditional attire, just a garment that was inspired by the way it is cut. :shrug:

And it says a lot about about people who see wide arms on a garment and instantly scream "JAPANESE, CHINESE, ASIAN WHATEVER CULTURAL APPROPRIATION". East Asian fashion is a lot more than just wide, conical cut arms.

DrewStevens

I agree that some people try too hard when it comes to drag Katy or other celebrities but you're comparing two different things.

People criticized Katy for her performance and fashion choices because she was appropriating different cultures in an uneducated way. She used TRADITIONAL imagery. Gaga is not using a traditional garment. It's an outfit inspired by Chinese culture. 

Vernier

​This isn't really about Gaga/Katy. At least that's not my interpretation of it.
This is a thread about cultural appropriation in the media. This thread claims that Gaga is wearing a Kimono, a Japanese garment, to a Chinese event. The argument is that this should be offensive and appropriation. Users here are pointing out it's not a Kimono but a Hanfu which is Chinese.

The OP referenced another notable case in which Katy was criticised, trying to draw parallels. Therefore users here have explained the differences between the two.

Katy's Geisha performance at the AMA awards is probably the most notable instance of cultural appropriation of Asian culture. That's why it's being brought out.

I don't think this thread is a Gaga vs Katy thread at all unless you are looking through the lense of a stan war.

​The OP doesn't even hide the fact that he made this only in retaliation to the bashing Katy got a few days ago tho, how's that not a stanning thing? :huh: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

lego

@Kayla needs to check this thread. Lance's behavior is the perfect example. 

FreePalestine

SissyFromSpace

@Kayla needs to check this thread. Lance's behavior is the perfect example. 

​Kayla's thread was about bashing Gaga. This thread was to call out Gaga's annoying stans :toofunny: and it worked too.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived