💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry’s bizarre interview in Russell Brand doc may explain their divorce

lego

Featured Posts

lego

Katy Perry gave her side of the story in Katy Perry The Movie: Part of Me and now Russell Brand has decided to do the same. It was the pop mega-star's phenomenal shoot to fame which killed their marriage, according to the British comedian in the film he branded too “painful” to watch, cancelling his trip to SWSW.

BRAND: A Second Coming follows the MTV presenter – turned Hollywood star's unusual brush with fame which saw him become one of the hottest tickets in Tinsel Town. From d--g addict to box office gold in a flash, Brand became somewhat of an overnight sensation, chronicled in his tell-all film. And for the first time, in such detail, the comic opens up on marrying Katy Perry, the biggest pop star on the planet.

The short-lived marriage lasted little more than a year, but still remains a hot topic when it comes to either party – partly because very little or next to nothing is known of the split to this day. We watched Katy sob as their fairy-tale romance broke down on the big screen: Katy blaming their classic schedules. Brand however, delves a little deeper.

Deeply unsettled by his new-found life on the A-list, he attributes their split to her career blinding her from wanting to make the world better. Fleeing their Beverly Hills routine, he headed to Africa on a charity trip to find the Ess-x boy who cared inside his new role of tabloid sensation. It was here the lights turned on when he flew back to their multi-million pound Hollywood home.

Sitting down with Perry for an interview in their home, their brief chat quickly turns sour when Brand brings up money and fame. “I think you're a genius and you make me look good, and that's why I picked you,” quips Katy before putting on a coo-ey baby voice and telling the camera” “I control the p***y”. 

“We were going in different directions,” he shrugs after their split. “Possibly opposite directions.”

Last night Brand cancelled his appearance of the film's world premiere at the South by South West Festival in Austin, Texas. Explaining the he felt “too uncomfortable,” to watch his life play out for a second time, he apologised in a heartbreaking post via his website.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/music/story/katy-perry’s-bizarre-interview-in-russell-brand-doc-may-explain-their-divorce…/ar-AA9KMKG

FreePalestine

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sexxx

I feel for Russell, he's being doing a lot of good recently with working within the EU and his Youtube channel The Trews

Supersonic

So Russel dumped her because she's an ignorant spoiled brat that didn't value her wealth and life? I kind of already guessed that before-hand.

PopBitch

Oh, please.  They had just gotten married.  so why did he marry her but suddenly discovered all of this a short time later about her.  He was the one carrying on loving the attention of marrying her and being in love.   Afterwards she had a world tour to work on setting up and tour on.  I guess it got boring to him, her gone.  He didn't make an effort. After her, he hooked up with that  beyond rich woman, who used to date Hugh Grant, and married to some foreign mega millionaire before, Gemma something, and lived in her mega mansion until some scandal erupted where Jemma hired a female masseuse  to come out to her estate to give him a massage, and something went down with him and the masseuse ended up running out of the mansion because of his behavior.  And Gemma dumped him shortly thereafter.  Living in that grand lifestyle with Jemma/Gemma didn't seem to bother him.

I like Russell a lot, and they probably weren't suited.  But there's plenty of shallow still left in him.  He was marrying a 26-year-old that was in the peak of building her career and pulled in a million different directions.  He's much older and is involved and interested in many things, but that comes with already having accomplished many goals in his career and age and wisdom and settling down.  What was he doing at 26?  Oh, that's right, addicted to d--gs and an acknowledged s-x addict, living the ultimate shallow life.

Jester

Even though I'm not a fan of her, I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

PopBitch

Even though I'm not a fan of her, I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

​Exactly.

Whispering

Watching interviews with Russell, I've always thought his emotional maturity (including his humor) and intelligence level were way higher than Katy's.

They should have dated longer or lived together and he could have avoided the mismatched marriage. 

PopBitch

This is what he said a couple of years ago, basically he was ready to settle down and have babies he thought, and she was at the peak of her career and ambitious.   They met when they were at two different stages in their lives, him older, Katy just beginning to accomplish her career goals - like Lady Gaga might I add.  The minute she goes on a long tour he and him working on several movies, the reality of that kind of relationship wasn't as good as the fantasy, always apart, and he wants out.   Basically, the reality of two busy careers wasn't right for him.  Most men like him want their women revolving around their lives.   Nowhere here does he act like it's because Katy was shallow.   

"I loved her so much, it just seemed like the sensible thing to do [when we got married] … I just loved her so much,” Brand said about the “overwhelming” sense of affection he had for the singer when they tied the knot in India 
 two years ago. But once they were husband and wife, Brand admitted that he realized, “this isn’t really working out, it’s a difficult situation … I was really, really in love with her, but it was difficult to see each other … We were together when it was right to be together, and when it wasn’t we worked it out … It was a lovely relationship … it mostly didn’t work for practical reasons … We did work it out, she’s happy, I’m happy.”
With Brand working on movies and Perry in the studio and on the road, the long distance relationship thing just took a toll on the couple. “She’s young, successful and dedicated,” he said of his former wife’s ambition and drive. “[The reality is] you can’t fully understand it until you do it. I was really into the idea of marriage and having children.”

freebit

They seemed like an odd couple. 

I got the vibe that he got off on being more well read than her. I guess after the charm of that wore off it was game over for him. 

Prismatic

If someone's in their peak, off course they're going to pick a successful career. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

PopBitch

If someone's in their peak, off course they're going to pick a successful career. 

​He didn't give up his movies to be with her on tour.  So he picked his career also. Whereas, Katy wanted to work on the relationship, he just bailed because he realized the reality of that, both having busy careers, and apart for certain periods of time, wasn't working for him.   He was all happy with her the whole year they were together before she left to tour.  

The same could have happened with Gaga easily for most men she dated.  She found one that was the exception that understands and is okay with them being apart a lot when touring hits.

But now all of a sudden, selling his movie, he's throwing her under the bus and saying it's because she wasn't deep enough, doing enough important stuff.  

Prismatic

​He didn't give up his movies to be with her on tour.  So he picked his career also. Whereas, Katy wanted to work on the relationship, he just bailed because he realized the reality of that, both having busy careers, and apart for certain periods of time, wasn't working for him.   He was all happy with her the whole year they were together before she left to tour.  

The same could have happened with Gaga easily for most men she dated.  She found one that was the exception that understands and is okay with them being apart a lot when touring hits.

But now all of a sudden, selling his movie, he's throwing her under the bus and saying it's because she wasn't deep enough, doing enough important stuff.  

​I know. Watching the Part Of Me doc, we can see that Katy actually put effort in the marriage that was only a fairy tale. She was always so excited to see her husband whenever they have time. She's such a hard worker. 

This is why I lost respect to Russell. I hate that he's making himself look like the victim and it's Katy fault... 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Antoni

Personally, I always assumed that Katy's drinking ruined the relationship. He was x years sober, and she was not only honest about drinking but was actually drunk in the behind-the-scenes livestream of some awards show only a few months I think before they split. 

Honestly, the quotes from Katy just sound too soap opera and overdramatic. Saying she controls the p****? That's not at all realistic. The quotes from Russell shortly after the split up are real though, and I attributed them to meaning that she might have been relying too much on alcohol, maybe that he was too healthily restrained for her young, rich lifestyle. 

My name isn't Timmers

Spock

Oh look, yet another Katy bashing thread

who will love me when the night is over

Archived