đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD: Nicki Minaj's 'The Pinkprint' to bow with 155-165k sales

Travis

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised, she's had great promo but the push back likely costed her a ton of potential sales. Since Anaconda/BB she's been nearly invisible on pop radio (with even limited airplay for A). Just wasn't handled as well as it could have been, very confusing scheduling of singles and the final album drop; the snippets I listened to were a little underwhelming for me personally as well.

Not terribly surprised for Charli either with her strange album drop instead of during BC's height or after the Billboard performance. 

I expected double this wow. It really is a struggle to be a successful female rapper. 

Great album regardless though and hopefully it has longevity. 

She hasn't had a big hit on pop radio all year and they're not doing very much promo for the album.....

Don't know where you all are getting "massive promo" from

She's had tons of promo tbh.

I'm not really surprised at these low sales. Nicki isolated a lot of her fans between Roman Reloaded and now. I was a HUGE fan of Nicki but then her beef with Iggy really turned me off. With the way Lil Kim treated Nicki, I would think Nicki wouldn't do that to another rookie. But she ended up acting just how Lil Kim did. Furthermore, while I will say that "The Pinkprint" is critically her best album, I enjoyed the pop-hiphop Nicki of "Pink Friday" and "Roman Reloaded" more. I couldn't thoroughly enjoy "The Pinkprint" and therefore didn't buy it like I did the last two albums. 

ALL of this. Nicki went half pop for PF:RR and gained fans, fans who enjoy pop music with a hint of rap (Myself included; Starships, Whip it, Va Va Voom, Right By My Side, Super Bass, Turn Me On, HOV Lane, are some of my all time favourite songs). However, this time around, she doesn't serve any decent pop tunes, the tracks are too slow, not really car friendly. Get On Your Knees is good and I love Ariana, but again, I find the track too boring, not uplifting enough, the term would really be not as radio friendly as it could be. The biggest upset for me is that she couldn't even give The Night is Still Young a proper POP chorus. The song starts off with a catchy pop beat that makes you want to party (Reference to alcohol, fast catchy rap), then slows down for the chorus. Why? Everybody is thirsty for pop Nicky, her biggest hits were all pop. Starships, Turn Me On, Super Bass. Anaconda was the most pop song in this album, and could easily be her biggest hit of the era. Plus, the demographic she's aiming for isn't the best choice; not that many who enjoy real rap listen to Nicki IMO (Heard from a few male buddies). I guess she's more aiming for the female who enjoy rap demographic? Lame.  At that point, is there enough of a market to NOT to include some more pop? Her constant references to guys eating her out doesn't sit well with some either, and it feels half awkward. I'm straight, am I supposed to find that hot? It feels weird to thoroughly enjoy a song that pretty much screams "I'm craving the D, and your lips on my P", because I can't relate to that, I'm not gonna want to sing or rap along whatsoever. I look past it, obviously, but I think she could find other things to rap about. At the end of the day, pop records sell. To me, her lack of appeal to the mainstream community has resulted in this lack of hype and low first week sales. The pushback release date and the fact that it's so close to Christmas (everybody busy) could have some impact, but if Rihanna released tomorrow she'd go #1 for weeks. Any way you spin it, these numbers are tragic. A decent amount of promo done, she's talked about a lot in the music world, and she couldn't even get #1, that really speaks for something. Always considered myself a Nicki fan, and still do, but this album won't be getting as many plays as PF:RR.

Why? Everybody is thirsty for pop Nicky, her biggest hits were all pop. Starships, Turn Me On, Super Bass. Anaconda was the most pop song in this album, and could easily be her biggest hit of the era. Plus, the demographic she's aiming for isn't the best choice; not that many who enjoy real rap listen to Nicki IMO (Heard from a few male buddies). I guess she's more aiming for the female who enjoy rap demographic?

Good a--lysis. She will sell half of J Cole (who is 100% supported by hip hop heads, nobody here cares about him). Yet her attempts to be real rap won't impress the pop-rap fans (largely white girls), and Iggy's era will beat her soundly in singles.

Good a--lysis. She will sell half of J Cole (who is 100% supported by hip hop heads, nobody here cares about him). Yet her attempts to be real rap won't impress the pop-rap fans (largely white girls), and Iggy's era will beat her soundly in singles.

https://twitter.com/remy_mariaa/status/544712454383484928

Tons of white girls listen to nicki :// ur argument is invalid

Cody Draco

Those numbers are right around where I was guessing they would be, if not better, and I love this album regardless of sales.  :sara:

https://twitter.com/remy_mariaa/status/544712454383484928

Tons of white girls listen to nicki :// ur argument is invalid

Of course, but it's because her last two albums and all her pop hits were more like New Classic Iggy than J Cole. She opened for Britney, and it's easy if you like Rihanna to enjoy Pink Friday too.

her songs make me feel like a bad ass b---h and forget how white I am

Sounds like an Iggy is training. Young Iggy was a huge Tupac fan. That level of hardcore isn't typical.

Thats what she gets for releasing trash singles, like Only, Bed of Lies. 

Only is doing really well as an urban single, though :shrug:

Desperado

Only is doing really well as an urban single, though :shrug:

Thats not helping her album sells, she needed pop audience. 

Thats not helping her album sells, she needed pop audience. 

Oh, I agree. She's distanced herself too much from the hip-hop community.

Archived