💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa says haters have fueled her

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

"...in the beginning, I was doing interviews and people were like, ‘How do you deal with hate?’ I’m like I don’t get any,” she says in an exclusive Rolling Stone clip of the interview. “And then that changed really quickly.”

Lipa explained that after she won the coveted Best New Artist award, people tweeted online that she “wasn’t deserving” of the honor.

‘”She’s got no stage presence. She can’t do this. She’s not well equipped. She won’t be here next year though.’ There was a lot of that and that fueled me in a way,” Lipa tells Lowe in the clip. “I try not use criticism as this revenge thing but it does push you in a way.”

“Whenever I see or feel or read anything that goes against what I know is coming … I just kind of take a step back and I just go, ‘All of this is background noise and I should just stick on my path,'” she adds. “Because every time someone has doubted me, I’ve proved them wrong. This is fueling me, this is pushing me to be better, to work hard.”

She ends: “I get a real kick out of proving people wrong.” source

the full interview with Zane Lowe:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 9

Lucas

She's right about this. I remember her stage presence and dancing skills being criticized but once the Future Nostalgia era started she did a lot of efforts and improved so much her performing skills. She definitely worked really hard during the FN era and deserves respect for this!

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

HeavyMetal Halcyon

Everytime I read something about Radical Optimism that is negative, I get a spark of joy about how this might propel her to the next level. Radical Optimism might be a flop, but I think Dua does REALLY well with critisim, as we've seen with her dancing and stage presence, but also with teasing a song too early. She only started promoting illusion 1 week before, unlike Training Season. She is listening. So I am excited for what this era will spark in her for the next.

• Like 2

scheibemonster

That Leo energy coming through with loving to prove people wrong. I have always believed in my girl though :kiss:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

MessyTop

Wish she used that fire to do better music :traumatica:

• Like 4

Quasi
19 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Radical Optimism might be a flop

It’s not even out yet.:air:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

ModernEcstasy
Posted (edited)

I really admire that about her. 
It annoys me how she put in so much effort to change her entire act, but it’s once again not good enough for people. Why is fun music not okay? Everybody’s a critic these days. 
I’ve loved absolutely everything she’s put out since her Debut. I saw her perform when she released “Be the One” and then saw her on the FN tour last year. 
The switch up was incredible. 

Edited by ModernEcstasy
  • Like 5

phantasmas

see, being a hater like me makes ur faves stronger 

yw, Dula Peepers :whitney:

Elohim
Posted (edited)

It’s good that it fueled her, because she really didn’t had a stage presence. 
anyways I still find her very boring as an artist.

Edited by Elohim
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

Nathaniel Arven

houdini ! (si beautiful)

HeavyMetal Halcyon
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Quasi said:

It’s not even out yet.:air:

That's why I used the word "Might" 

might
/mÄŤt/
verb
modal verb: might
Used to express possibility or make a suggestion.
"this might be true"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/Might

Edited by HeavyMetal Halcyon

DopeEnigma
Posted (edited)

I’m surprised after how successful FN was, a great album by the way, how this album is such a complete misfire and just so boring. It’s just soulless, with all the money from the last era, it feels like they half assed it. The production is terribly basic. Hope the bad reviews do fuel her because it should, this wasn’t good. Nothing is interesting enough for a repeat listen, sorry 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DopeEnigma
  • Thanks 1

Plastic Flower

I hope she proves me wrong with the album. Or next album lol.

Drop it

madmagical6

Recently I've been listening to 'Future Nostalgia' quite a lot. I'm not really gelling with her new material but I guess people listening to her older music is still a win for her I don't know. 

The new material so far just seems like she's bored. I'm not sure if it's just my take on it but she's playing fat too safe. Hopefully she will branch out into other genre's in the future because her sound sounds tired and overdone.