💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Netflix Announces "A Series of Unfortunate Events" TV Series

Willy Wonka

Featured Posts

Willy Wonka

After bursting onto the original series scene with premium cable-caliber adult fare such as House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black, Netflix is entering a new area: live-action family entertainment. On the heels of picking up AwesomenessTV’s live-action comedy Richie Rich, the streaming company has acquired rights to the best-selling series of books A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, with plans to adapt them as a live-action series. Search is underway for a director to help re-create Snicket’s visual world on TV. Netflix is producing the project, which is being fast-tracked, with Paramount Television. Paramount was behind the 2004 movie starring Jim Carrey, which grossed $209 million worldwide.

“On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series oOf Unfortunate Events,†said Cindy Holland, VP Original Content at Netflix. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.â€

Narrated by Snicket, A Series Of Unfortunate Events recounts the tale of the orphaned children Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire at the hands of the villainous Count Olaf, as they face trials and tribulations, misfortunes and an evil uncle in search of their fortune, all in their quest to uncover the secret of their parents’ deaths. The 13 books in the series have sold more than 65 million copies and have been translated into 43 languages.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-tv-show-lemony-snicket-netflix-1201274454/

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome!

I loved Lemony Snicket's books as a kid and now as an adult I love Daniel Handler's novels…this is very exciting. 

I need to read these damn books already. I was too caught up in being a Death Eater to read them when they were being released, and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

COLONiCPRiNXESS

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss :party: Love the books!

Morphine Prince

JESUS CHRIST.

THIS IS MY CHILDHOOD. THIS WAS MY OBSESSION. THE FEELS I HAVE RIGHT NOW. 

Archived