💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP (album) 1st year Anniversary coming close! Your summary?

Phoenix

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thathimerosguy

Britney Jean say hi. 

Indie Jean was an alternative album by indie artist Britney Jean Spears..research ha

i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif

(I have no mind to write a whole fuking essay so I'll keep this brief :giveup: )

I love the album  Such a fresh breath from what we had with BTW. It just happened at the right time for me. I guess I can say that I finally got to experience different sides of Gaga in her music. Because honestly, even though we know Gaga is a fun-loving and kind person, I don't think it translated well with dark songs in BTW..... so yes, I finally got a glimps of Gaga under her burqa wth ARTPOP.

Top 5 songs:

Mary Jane Holland

Sexxx Dreams

Fashion!

Applause

ARTPOP

*MJH, SD and F! have always been my top 3 ever since the album dropped :flutter: the rest depends on my mood :ghostlegend:*

Top moments:

1. SwineFest; I remember it like yesterday.... woke up at 5am something just to catch the show.... It was unreal to finally take a peak into ARTPOP, the wait was almost over..... ARTPOP (the song) was magical live. 

2. Gypsy acoustic in Berlin: Far from being my fav song from the album now. But nonetheless, I cried :)

3. First Listen to ARTPOP in full: I can proudly say that I was able to resist any "leaks" and patiently waited for my pre-order to arrive. Worth it

DanielKCarey

ARTPOP was the first era I experienced as a full on Little Monster. I really do love ARTPOP, it's a good album that I can always jam to. I wish the whole era could have gone a lot smoother (with management) and that we could've seen ARTPOP as it was supposed to.

Top Moments:

1. SwineFest

2. artRave (11.10.2013)

3. Aura leak

4. Applause Week

5. artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball

What Could've Gone Better:

1. Do What U Want Video

2. Singles/Promotion

I still wonder what ARTPOP would've been if Gaga didn't break her hip and completed the BTWBall. I feel that during her recovery, she doubted her previous thoughts of ARTPOP (Decay of the Blonde/Popstar). But anyway, ARTPOP is always going to have a special place in my heart.

artRAVE • Cheek To Cheek: LIVE! • Dive Bar Tour • Joanne World Tour • ENIGMA • The Chromatica Ball

Idek anymore

Top Five

1 Donatella

2 Dope

3 ARTPOP

4 MANiCURE

5 Swine

Top Moments

1 BROOKLYN NIGHTS LEAK OMG

2 SwineFest

3 G.U.Y Video

Worst

1 Venus / DWUW mess

2 DWUW Video

Not really much in music that's networthy.  Only songs I like are G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, and ARTPOP (song).  The outfits were really a big hit or miss, mostly a miss.  I think she's been very disorganized.  We only had two music videos, which is really unusual for an "era".  The only decent one was G.U.Y., but it felt like a big VERSACE commercial, it barely made the second half enjoyable.  I have high hopes for a better next era.  Bring on TECHPOP!!!!!

Spyro the Dragon

The era's short-lived, yet sweet. The music's solid and above satisfactory, if not mostly great. It had a couple of bops (and silliness) reminding of The Fame as well as the naughty dark overtone from The Fame Monster and Born This Way. As she herself said, if I remember it correctly, ARTPOP's a collage of her past material. It had a promising start with the teaser videos and the pre-album interviews. If only the sudden change of management didn't happen during the album's promotional run, I believe the album could've gone much better, and the three-month 'blackout' at the start of 2014 (w/c ultimately caused the loss of her momentum on radio) would've at least been prevented.

As for the visuals, they were stellar, especially the music videos! I love them more than BTW's, and it's even more unfortunate that this album, anticipated as an album rich with visuals due to its then-intriguing name, has produced the least amount of official music videos. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. I love the music. I love the visuals. I love the tour. I love the interviews. I love the performances. And I'd have surely loved it more if the original vision for the album was smoothly delivered as planned. 

The stand out song on this album for me one year later is G.U.Y.  cant stop listening to that, and applause, s-x dreams, do what you want, mary jane holland, venus, and gypsy in that order.  thought the artrave was not as good as her other tours specialy bc i didnt like the fasion.  really ennjoyed the applause promotions and loved roseland!  can't wait for her  next pop álbum!  GAGA RULES!!!!

XoXoJoanneGaga

I remember being skeptical about the album ever since she announced the title and concept. It always felt like a placeholder idea for a real album and unfortunately that didn't change with the final product. I do love Swinefest though and I still listen to those performances, along with DWUW which is one of her best songs.

FLmonster20

When you look back, what do you remember the most?

I remember how different the sound of ARTPOP was. Hearing the Aura leak was one of the most exciting days of 2013. It was electronic, dance, with that Middle-Eastern flair. When the chorus hit, I was in heaven.

What were you most excited for?

I was most excited to see what the order of the record was going to be. Gaga had mentioned so many songs throughout 2012 and 2013 and I was dying to see what was going to be on ARTPOP.

What dissapointed you the most?

The promotion of the record and order of the singles. After a long break, and Gaga's surgery, I was expecting the first single to be a powerful and over the top song. Although I love Applause, I thought Aura was a better choice. It would have established ARTPOP more effectivly. After Applause, the release of the promotional singles messed everything up as well. Gaga switched Venus with DWUW, and released Dope which I think got people confused. Dope reached number 8 on the billboard while DWUW didn't even make the top 10. Then the music video was never released which was quite dissapointing. The whole promotion of ARTPOP was off. However, I do not blame Gaga for this. I love and respect her and I understand all the difficulties that come along with the recording industry.

Top 5 Songs

1. Aura

2. G.U.Y.

3. Do What U Want (feat. R Kelly)

4. Applause

5. Mary Jane Holland/Sexxx Dreams (can't decide!)

Favorite Look

Goddess of Love! Loved the seashell bra, garden panty, and huge brown hair.

giskardsb

I love ARTPOP, it added to my list of favorite Gaga tunes and that's all I ask.

GUY

MJH

ARTPOP

Dope

Sexxx Dreams

Good things:

- applause era,

- the album itself,

- sxsw,

- acoustic performances of DWUW and Applause

Bad things:

- GUY being single,